pepsipete
tigertony
Tgwu
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptySat Oct 31, 2015 9:33 pm

Late night, waiting to go and pick up youngest son and wife from the vue cinema
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 1:13 pm

Just back from a walk to Sainsbury's (Marsh Mills). Pinch a chew bar from the grand-children last night and lost two fillings
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 6:50 pm

Domino's pizza ordered, Beer stock replenished, Feet up, about to watch 'Terminator Genisys'.

Gotta love Sunday nights snugged up on the sofa with wifey.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 8:48 pm

Spent a few hours dying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptySun Nov 01, 2015 9:33 pm

not all sanding discs are Velcro backed FFS!
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 8:26 am

Today consist of receiving two doctor phone calls and to make an emergency dental appointment. Hope to get to the gym as well
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:04 am

No wonder the NHS is boracic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:24 am

Butterflies. Saw three of them when walking the dog this morning. Most unusual for November. Or is it? scratch
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:34 am

Oxford Street Christmas lights turned on....plus butterflies....plus spiders webs with thick dew on....plus a thick mist/fog.....and all at 70f temperature......I blame the EU....why not ?.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 3:55 pm

This afternoon, I picked up my guitar, tuned it and had a twang for the first time in about 12 months.

Sore fingers now! Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 5:00 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

Been turned down for a operation because I do not fit the criteria ( They will not pay for a correction after a operation ) My doctor did not put down the right criteria.

Dental, the filling has falling out four times over 9 months, have to wait untill thursday to see the dentish

Still waiting on the last phone call, paid £250 to have a scan in Bournemouth to show what was wrong, NHS a joke
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 6:39 pm

Got my Santa suit out - ready for the various villages I appear at when lights go on. Its red.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 6:48 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Been turned down for a operation because I do not fit the  criteria ( They will not pay for a correction after a operation ) My doctor did not put down the right criteria.

Dental, the filling has falling out four times over 9 months, have to wait  untill thursday to see the dentish

Still waiting on the last phone call, paid £250 to have a scan in Bournemouth to show what was wrong, NHS a joke

My wonderful wife works for the NHS. She and her team work damn hard for their wage. What her team have to put up with due to mismanagement, underfunding, lack of staff, lack of equipment and permanently being piss-balled about by the dozens of middle management who, for the life of her, hasn't a fooking clue what they actually do, is sadly a daily grind - to which she is nearly at the end of tether and seriously thinking about leaving the NHS to take up something less stressful, i.e bomb disposal or something.

The other things she tells me that go on, I wouldn't dare discuss openly for fear of legal recriminations. All very sad compared to it's glory days.

Anyway, I digress.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 7:12 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Been turned down for a operation because I do not fit the  criteria ( They will not pay for a correction after a operation ) My doctor did not put down the right criteria.

Dental, the filling has falling out four times over 9 months, have to wait  untill thursday to see the dentish

My wonderful wife works for the NHS. She and her team work damn hard for their wage. What her team have to put up with due to mismanagement, underfunding, lack of staff, lack of equipment and permanently being piss-balled about by the dozens of middle management who, for the life of her, hasn't a fooking clue what they actually do, is sadly a daily grind - to which she is nearly at the end of tether and seriously thinking about leaving the NHS to take up something less stressful, i.e bomb disposal or something.

The other things she tells me that go on, I wouldn't dare discuss openly for fear of legal recriminations. All very sad compared to it's glory days.

Anyway, I digress.

POI, certainly not mundane, I've got nothing but admiration fo the frontline staff, it's the beaurocrats and politicians who wanted shafting
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 7:18 pm

The red tape and bureaucracy is a massive part of the problem. But, as you say, the front-line staff work nothing short of miracles just to get through the day.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:04 pm

I've just found out (for god's sake don't ask me why or how I know Embarassed ) that the annual Xmas Coca Cola truck tour of the Uk's nearest place to Muff this year is...........

Tavistock
Time:12:00 - 20:00

Date:25 Nov 2015

Bedford Square, Tavistock

Devon

PL19 0AE
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:34 pm

What does this truck do ?
Does it drive around a lot, dropping off supplies of inca, mecca cola for the bereft children ? Is it Winter charidee or hearts and minds ?

There's a great sourdough bread maker that inhabits the Tavistock market. He's from the Teign Valley and makes exceedingly good bread. A bit expensive, but not half as dear as a pastie at Home Park. Check him out. If you don't do Tavi, you'll have to risk Hatherleigh  affraid
Ordinary Chaps recommend him.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptyMon Nov 02, 2015 9:49 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

Anyway, I digress.

My wife worked for the Nhs for years untill she retired 6 year ago, she was offer any hours she like to stay but she had enough and said no. so you cannot tell me how the staff work so dam hard, and the fu*k up and waste of money of management. amen
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 1:35 am

Cleaned my shoes with polish. I'm ready for the annual free PU that Sir John puts on for the peasants. drunk
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 7:57 am

Filled up petrol £103 at morrison, picked up paper and now a cup of tea back to bed with cricket on radio wicket just gone done.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 1:50 pm

Put some big stones around my Mums fence to stop the dog disappearing through the gaps
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 2:25 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Put some big stones around my Mums fence to stop the dog disappearing through the gaps

Where did you get the stones?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 2:30 pm

pepsipete wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

A few on Dartmoor.....they wouldn't miss one or two disappearing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 3:13 pm

from behind her shed at the bottom of the garden
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 EmptyTue Nov 03, 2015 4:07 pm

zyph wrote:
pepsipete wrote:
alannotivvy wrote:

A few on Dartmoor.....they wouldn't miss one or two disappearing.

Thats what people say when they pick flowers.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 11 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next