Motorservices
Tgwu
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
zyph

zyph

Barnet match thread - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 10:26 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Only 6000 at hp. Clearly very few think Jimmy will deliver promotion.

POTD fans probably cannot afford two games in a week so chose to miss this one and go Saturday.....I hope.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 10:30 pm

Fook me that was very very lucky. Barney deserved at least a point and probably all three. They hit the woodwork twice and I don't think I can ever recall a team going all out to score, as much as they did in the last 5 mins + 5 mins ET. In a bizarre way it was proper edge of the seat stuff - total and utter caution to the wind, but we very luckily hung on.

As poor a home performance as there has been all season. But we still won, which obviously bodes well.

Carey looked properly crocked when he hobbled off. Hope it ain't serious ' is his finish was yet again sublime tonight. He needs to be hauled in for contract extension talks tout suite or he will be whisked away for feck all pdq.

It showed tonight that we are vulnerable when teams choose to really have a go and attack us. Too many players below par performance-wise. Needs to be addressed by Adams because this was a really unworthy 3 points.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 10:40 pm

ejh wrote:
Derek Adams wins his third match from a losing position and it isn't even October yet.

This is more like it!

Barnet hitting the bar in 90' + 4' though was perhaps more than my heart could take.
[bcould

Did you have a grand on us to win
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 10:44 pm

Was it just me or were there about ten minutes of extra time, it certainly felt like it. I felt more relived than elated but we did win. I hope Carey isn't badly hurt though it didn't look good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 29, 2015 10:46 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Only 6000 at hp. Clearly very few think Jimmy will deliver promotion.

it is a midweek game many cant attend due to work/school/travel commitments
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 12:51 am

There is some turkey on the farm who is trying to be a ''Freathy'' except he posts like a 12 year old. Moaning about how we havn't really put down our marker and we are so lucky and .... f'ing drivel. Tonight we were fortunate but it matters not how you play but how often you make the onion bag bulge. (Graiser - don't even think about it! Laughing ) We are second because we have more points than 22 clubs - simples! Quite frankly whether we play like Barca, Angry's pub team or the Ladies Lingerie team from BHS that is managed by Freathy, we have one aim only. To finish in the top 3. P10 Pts 20 - I'll take it.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 6:29 am

Must admit I was staggered by that attendance or lack of it. Earlier in thread I suggested 7,500 and was going to initially suggest 8k.
Very close as it turned out to starting with a 5.

Hopefully Saturday back up to 8,000 we are 2nd all said and done
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 9:25 am

The league position is fantastic, our last three performances haven't been fantastic, it's a spectator sport after all, that will explain the crowds.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 9:38 am

Mary@HP wrote:
The league position is fantastic, our last three performances haven't been fantastic, it's a spectator sport after all, that will explain the crowds.

Don't agree with that. Football fans pay to watch a winning team more often than not. Last night's crowd can be explained by a combination of deep-seated lethargy due to us being shit for ages, an early season 'wait and see' attitude and midweek no-shows due to Saturday at home too. If we're top 3 after 20 games the crowds will be consistently over 10K.

As for performance last night - fokk it. Sounds like we bagged two goals at the right time from 2 players bang in goalscoring form. I'll take that - it's what makes the difference in this arsehole of a division. OK, we won't get away with playing badly and winning consistently but if we can be lucky sometimes, so much the better. Beats getting turned over 1-0 at home, which seems to have happened a lot in the past few years.

Played 10, won 6, drawn 2. Fantastic start for a brand new manager and changed squad.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 9:42 am

Greenskin wrote:
ejh wrote:
Derek Adams wins his third match from a losing position and it isn't even October yet.

This is more like it!

Barnet hitting the bar in 90' + 4' though was perhaps more than my heart could take.

Tonight, Wimbledon and .......? scratch

Forest Green away, who are flying in the Conference now btw, where we went 3-1 down and won 5-3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 9:45 am

Innocent Egbunike wrote:
Mary@HP wrote:

Don't agree with that. Football fans pay to watch a winning team more often than not. Last night's crowd can be explained by a combination of deep-seated lethargy due to us being shit for ages, an early season 'wait and see' attitude and midweek no-shows due to Saturday at home too. If we're top 3 after 20 games the crowds will be consistently over 10K.

As for performance last night - fokk it. Sounds like we bagged two goals at the right time from 2 players bang in goalscoring form. I'll take that - it's what makes the difference in this arsehole of a division. OK, we won't get away with playing badly and winning consistently but if we can be lucky sometimes, so much the better. Beats getting turned over 1-0 at home, which seems to have happened a lot in the past few years.

Played 10, won 6, drawn 2. Fantastic start for a brand new manager and changed squad.

Although they didn't last night so I'm not sure I would agree with your point. As I've said crap performance, good result, I'm not utterly depressed but there is cause for concern in the performances, league table looks good it would seem we aren't a million miles apart in our views after all.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 9:53 am

Mary@HP wrote:

Disagree strongly. Firstly it was just two games the attendance perhaps was based on and one of which was away and a point gained. Notwithstanding we didn't lose the other either
It was a poor attendance and really not sure why
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 10:12 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Mary@HP wrote:

Disagree strongly. Firstly it was just two games the attendance perhaps was based on and one of which was away and a point gained. Notwithstanding we didn't lose the other either

It's a Janner thing, we have the most fickle of fanbases and a huge swing in our attendances, mostly dependant on who, but also how we're playing. I didn't go last night raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 11:27 am

Poor attendance, and yet more proof of expensive football being a ghetto thing, with few extras on top of the regulars, who pay roughly half the POTD price.
Bad pricing strategy, that might make it easier to budget over a year if you're a tightwad, but it sure as heck doesn't maximise attendances and income.
Must be disappointing for Adams, given the start to the season. One other factor might be that the home performances haven't yet produced purring comments from fans. Everything seems to hinge on Carey and Jervis. Everything.
Back to top Go down
Jeans & Sheux

Jeans & Sheux

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 12:26 pm

Just seen the highlights....Barnet must be gutted!
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 6:24 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Mary@HP wrote:

It's a Janner thing, we have the most fickle of fanbases and a huge swing in our attendances, mostly dependant on who, but also how we're playing. I didn't go last night raised eyebrow

I know three people who didn't go last night purely based on the ball ache of Outland Rd being closed and the ensuing traffic chaos. The irony of course is that they opened the bleddy road up late afternoon without any prior announcement, meaning that would have been too late for hundreds who would no doubt have already decided to give it a miss.
Back to top Go down
Coxside_Green

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 9:09 pm

3 home games in 8 days with the JPT possibly being the most attractive at this stage of the season. Barnet ain't a great draw (neither is Crawley TBF). I'd expect the JPT to be the biggest attendance out of the 3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 9:26 pm

Les Miserable wrote:

It's a Janner thing, we have the most fickle of fanbases and a huge swing in our attendances, mostly dependant on who, but also how we're playing. I didn't go last night
A Janner fickleness ? you sound like Nool, Les.
No more fickle here than anywhere else. The Manchester bunch used to get 30K when Docherty was in charge.
I agree most entertainment attendance depends on who is appearing, and what play is being performed. Oh, and the price of seats.
Football is no longer a special loyalty. I don't think it ever was, apart from the post war Saturday blue collar spill out into the pubs and then footy. Another myth, just like the "beautiful game" crap. Most people I've ever met playing or watching football certainly aren't beautiful in physical lilt or demeanour, quite the opposite.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 9:48 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Mary@HP wrote:

I know three people who didn't go last night purely based on the ball ache of Outland Rd being closed and the ensuing traffic chaos. The irony of course is that they opened the bleddy road up late afternoon without any prior announcement, meaning that would have been too late for hundreds who would no doubt have already decided to give it a miss.

One of our usual group did the same, fickle indeed.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 9:50 pm

I can name 4 season ticket holders in my row and the row in front who weren't there last night.

And they would have been counted as there.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 10:00 pm

Sir John Hawkins wrote:
Les Miserable wrote:

It's a Janner thing, we have the most fickle of fanbases and a huge swing in our attendances, mostly dependant on who, but also how we're playing. I didn't go last night
A Janner fickleness ? you sound like Nool, Les.
No more fickle here than anywhere else. The Manchester bunch used to get 30K when Docherty was in charge.
I agree most entertainment attendance depends on who is appearing, and what play is being performed. Oh, and the price of seats.
Football is no longer a special loyalty. I don't think it ever was, apart from the post war Saturday blue collar spill out into the pubs and then footy. Another myth, just like the "beautiful game" crap. Most people I've ever met playing or watching football certainly aren't beautiful in physical lilt or demeanour, quite the opposite.

clown I dunno what's worse, sounding like him or looking like him.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 30, 2015 11:05 pm

And here's one for ya Johnny......... Name me another club who's attendances can swing so greatly from one week to the next depending on the opposition? With the absent ST holders there were probably no more than 5 and a half k present last night compared to the 10k Argyle fans v Pompey or 9k v Rovers. I stand by what I said, fickle Janners. Just this once old Porky might be on to something.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 12:56 am

Fickle? Possibly a little
Don't like JB at the helm? A few - but its a handy excuse for not going.
Bad pricing strategy - a few maybe.
Won't go because they are still in relegation mode - a few
Overall cost (POTD) when its 3 home games in 10 days - thats the one! For a lot of people 3 games is impossible in so short a time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 4:55 am

I think it is the negative connotation of the word fickle that I don't like.
What is the point in insulting thousands of people that decide to turn up 3 or 4 games a season. It's so unwelcoming, and frankly a bit backward. Why not be pleased when the attendance soars from the base figure for what might be an entertaining afternoon. When I was a regular, compared to my present "away matches only", I was always delighted to see so many new faces.

I would say the figures staying stubbornly low would suggest there are far fewer "fickle" fans these days, as people just aren't fans anymore. e

It's the making of a morality out of supporting a football club that's so pointless. No wonder football has such a poor reputation among so many people. I wish I could get back to sleep. I've a long drive tomorrow. I think this post might do the trick Sleep
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 EmptyThu Oct 01, 2015 5:03 am

Football an expensive pastime, the preserve of the single man.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Barnet match thread   Barnet match thread - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Barnet match thread
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next