+2
green_genie
Tgwu
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 11, 2015 9:23 pm

O come all ye faithful: Clubs in Plymouth Albion fundraiser

N THE spirit of giving this festive season, DHSOB are playing city rivals OPM at Brickfields today as a fundraising for Plymouth Albion.

The 5pm fixture kicks off straight after Albion’s league fixture against Loughborough Students, and is intended to ‘give something back’ to the National One club for their efforts to help rugby across the city.

Players from both clubs will attend the Albion Christmas function afterwards, with the aim of boosting the coffers of the host club.

The match is in response to Albion chairman Peter Vosper’s recent comments urging the city’s rugby community to get behind the club in the wake of it’s on-going financial difficulties.

Vosper has said that despite last season’s fundraising effort warding off the imminent threat of administration, crowd figures this season have not been enough to sustain them financially.

DHSOB director of rugby Mike Freeman said the clubs were more than happy to step in considering the efforts that key figures at Albion have made in their direction.

“Graham Dawe and Simon Hicklin have done a great job reaching out and fostering the local rugby community,” said Freeman.

“They send coaches and players out to school teams and local clubs which we always appreciate. So we’re all keen as a rugby community to give back.”

Freeman added that the fixture should be a competitive one.

“DHSOB will take on any challengers, we’re going well this season and they’ll know we’re strong,” he added.

“So I expect two strong XVs on the pitch.

“Who wouldn’t want to attend a game, under the lights, two local sides, it will be great.

“We hope to get all our collective players down including friends, family and the youth players.”

Albion’s director of rugby Graham Dawe was also keen to stress how important the rugby community is to the club and the players as the team looks to recover and build for promotion.

“Plymouth Albion is a major rugby player in the city and we hope that anyone who aspires to play rugby including supporters will come to us.

“We’ve given cut price tickets to supporters of grass roots rugby and are trying to encourage anyone to come in and support or take up our level of rugby and enjoy the day.

“Our community outreach programme is two-pronged, our players go out and coach to learn what it takes to build a team, which is one of the most rewarding parts of coaching. It is a brilliant learning curve for them.

“Their skills base can also have a great influence on youth players coming through.”

The festive rugby feast doesn’t stop there however, on top of the game tonight, Freeman has also been heavily involved with arranging a festival of rugby to take place again at Brickfields on Sunday December 27, which will start at 11am and continue on throughout the day.

The proceeds of which will go towards supporting the Paul Lethbridge Memorial Fund.

This will include live entertainment including an appearance from the Green Taverners.

There is also a series of select XV games including Plymouth XV v Plymouth Fijians.

There will also be a series of youth team games hopefully including players from Tamar Saracens, DHSOB, OPM, Plymouth Albion Oaks and Stonehouse Sharks.

Old Technicians are without a fixture this weekend, so will instead be hosting their Christmas party and raffle at the Ker Street Social tonight from 5.30pm which is followed by a family party and raffle from 7pm.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 12, 2015 6:48 am

PLYMOUTH University Raiders came within five seconds of claiming their first ever win against Bristol Flyers.

Despite leading for the vast majority of the second half Raiders fell to an 80-79 overtime defeat.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Follow us: @heraldnewslive on Twitter | theplymouthherald on Facebook
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 13, 2015 4:34 pm

Plymouth Albion take victory against Loughborough Students despite mad final 10

PLYMOUTH ALBION 34 LOUGHBOROUGH STUDENTS 27
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 14, 2015 11:16 am

London Lions 104 Plymouth Raiders 114

IT IS said ‘what goes around, comes around’, and that certainly proved to be the case for Plymouth University Raiders over the weekend.

After being dragged into overtime by a resilient Bristol side on Friday night, despite leading for the majority of the game, the roles well and truly reversed against London Lions on Sunday.

The Lions lead for all but two minutes of normal time, but Raiders dug deep and used everything they had to equalise in the dying seconds.

And it was player-coach Daryl Corletto, who has shown what a dependable force he is since his arrival in the Summer, that sunk a three point shot to shock the Lions.

Read more: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 18, 2015 7:52 pm

Raiders are holding they own away to unbeaten leaders Newcastle in the first quarter

Newcastle 23 Raiders 21

HT
Newcastle 51 Raiders 40

3rd

Newcastle 77 Raiders 65

FT

Newcastle 95 Raiders 77
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptySat Dec 19, 2015 7:31 pm

Hartpury College 17 Plymouth Albion 22

PLYMOUTH Albion were full value for this win, which saw them upset the odds to end Hartpury's unbeaten home run.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 27, 2015 9:55 pm

27 DEC 2015:

BBL Championship

RAIDERS 102-96 SCORCHER (Surrey)

Plymouth University Raiders 102 (21,50,75) (Corletto 27, Dixon 25, Wilcher 16)
Surrey Scorchers 96 (26,46,69) (Behrens 25, Schlitzer 21, Ross-Miller 19)

Daryl Corletto scored a game-high 27 points to lead his Plymouth University Raiders side to a 102-96 victory at home to Surrey Scorchers.

It was only a second home win of the season for Plymouth as they held their nerve from the free throw line to see off the visiting Scorchers.

Cory Dixon netted 25 points on debut, while Josh Wilcher dished out an excellent 15 assists to go with 16 points and eight rebounds.

Nick Schlitzer started 4-of-4 from downtown on his way to 21 points as Surrey made a bright start, leading by as many as eight points in the opening quarter.

The home side rallied in the second and a strong period saw them go into half-time with a four-point advantage as they never trailed again.

Plymouth opened up a double-digit cushion nearing the end of the third, but a three from the returning Henry Wilkins kept Surrey in contention ahead of the fourth.

The visitors twice closed to within two points with the second time following a KC Ross-Miller 3-pointer in the final minute with Surrey forced to foul.

Corletto nailed a composed 13-of-14 from the line in total and combined with Wilcher to deliver the dagger three throws in the final seconds to secure the win.

The Scorchers were led by Christian Behrens’ 25 points and 14 boards from the bench as their late rally fell just short.

Plymouth join Surrey on five wins for the season, but the Scorchers stay ahead having lost fewer games
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 4:44 pm

Rosslyn park 24 Albion 26
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 5:12 pm

Tgwu wrote:
Rosslyn park 24  Albion 26

coming on strong are Albion lately
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 5:23 pm

I talked to Graham Dawe recently, he seemed to think they had bottomed out and were digging in to try and get some stability, he looked a bit choked when I talked about the long term and said they can't afford to do that yet, one day at a time, work your socks off and hope for the best. I'll take in a couple of Albion games before the end of the season they deserve some support.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 6:31 pm

Albion will never be an Exeter or even Pirates. There just isn't the rugby heartland in Plymouth. Dawe, himself, for 20 odd years, has been the only real power behind the success they have have had. It's all a bit tired now, as other clubs "kick on" and Albion flounder for lack of deep rooted community support that is essential.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 02, 2016 7:40 pm

Lord Biro wrote:
Albion will never be an Exeter or even Pirates. There just isn't the rugby heartland in Plymouth. Dawe, himself, for 20 odd years, has been the only real power behind the success they have have had. It's all a bit tired now, as other clubs "kick on" and Albion flounder for lack of deep rooted community support that is essential.

fascinating

keep up the good work tgwu

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 03, 2016 9:30 pm

London Lions 86 Plymouth Raiders 84
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 3:51 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

ARGYLE supporters kicking their heels until Top-of-the-Table Tuesday's clash with Northampton Town are being invited to get their weekend sporting fix at the Brickfields.
While the Pilgrims are not in action this Saturday, in-form Plymouth Albion play their first home game of 2016 when they entertain Hull Ionians in National League One (3pm).

As a 'thank you' to Argyle and Plymouth Raiders, who supported Albion during difficult times last year, Albion have invited players of the two clubs to watch the game.

In addition, adult season-ticket holders of either club will be able to get into Brickfields for just £5 (ground admission only; all under-16s are free).

Argyle Chief Executive Martyn Starnes said: “With our top-of-the-table game against Northampton coming up on Tuesday at Home Park, the Green Army can prepare for our biggest match of the campaign by taking advantage of Albion’s generosity and getting behind our neighbours.”

Albion, who have won their last five matches, hope to create a special atmosphere this weekend to mark their first home game of 2016 and their first for four weeks.

Any Albion season ticket holders will also be able to bring a friend along with them also for just £5.

“We are really looking forward to our first home game of the New Year, having not played at Brickfields for four weeks,” said Albion’s director of rugby Graham Dawe.

“We hope our own season ticket holders and those of Argyle and Raiders will take up our offer this weekend and try and create a special atmosphere against Hull Ionians.

“We have got supporters who go and watch Plymouth Argyle and Plymouth Raiders and the Green Taverners have helped encourage Argyle supporters to come down to Albion over the last 12 months.

“We don’t often get a chance to invite players from both clubs to come and watch on a Saturday afternoon due to their own fixtures.

“The plan is for players of all three clubs to meet up over some food after the game. It’s a great opportunity for fellow players from different sports to catch-up and share experiences.”

For full ticket prices and more information visit [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 3:57 pm

Hope they get a decent turnout.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 4:09 pm

No worries, how about me you and Angers make up a threesome? I'll put a bit of slap on and my new frock I got for Crimbo, it will be a reet larf.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 4:25 pm

Amsterdamage wrote:
No worries, how about me you and Angers make up a threesome? I'll put a bit of slap on and my new frock I got for Crimbo, it will be a reet larf.

how about you feck off iggy and leave me out of it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 4:31 pm

Agreed. Grow up Amsterdamage.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 5:48 pm

Agreed tis a pointless feud which does the site no credit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 7:55 pm

No need for such language, no hate from my side, Angers is obsessed with my sexuality and mentioned it only yesterday, I could have replied with a homophobic type comment but I like the guy so I'm trying to laugh it off, har har.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 06, 2016 8:02 pm

seadog wrote:
Agreed tis a pointless feud which does the site no credit.

Although there are a few feuds on here the main one being the pasoti/Nool thing which is why this site exists, something about hacking and I remember an outing or two, I'd be a proper cnut to let my hacking and outing bother me in the same way as say Frank is bothered by the other stuff but point taken. Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 09, 2016 6:55 pm

Went to the game today Albion 7 Hull 17

wish i hadnt gone as im pissed wet through, phone is broke due to the water and as we speak is now inbedded in some long grain rice lol and the game was shit but the weather played a huge part in that. Not alot of people there sadly although i dont think it was a shock that many choose not to chance it as the weather wasnt suitable for standing around in as i can vouch.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 10, 2016 8:52 pm

Plymouth Raiders 76 Leeds Force 72:

PLYMOUTH University Raiders boss Daryl Corletto claimed his sides 76-72 win over Leeds Force was ugly, but admitted the two points was the most important thing.

There was plenty for Raiders fans to enjoy during the game and it is clear the team are beginning to gel.

Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 15, 2016 9:51 pm

Essex Leopards 60-102 Plymouth University Raiders
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 16, 2016 6:35 am

Plymouth Raiders will meet Sheffield Sharks in the last eight of the BBL Trophy after cruising past Essex Leopards 102-60 in their first round game at Brentwood Centre on last night.

BBL Trophy first round: Essex Leopards 60 (16, 32, 43)(Hitchman 11, Ashby 11, Bennett 10) Plymouth Raiders 102 (21, 49, 71)(Bailey 25, Dixon 15, Williams 13).

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Plymouth other sport teams   Plymouth other sport teams - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Plymouth other sport teams
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next