Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Legend (new film about the Kray's)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Legend (new film about the Kray's) Empty
PostSubject: Legend (new film about the Kray's)   Legend (new film about the Kray's) EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 8:40 pm

Went to the vue today to watch it..best film ive watched in ages.

Tom Hardy plays both Reggie and Ronnie, very cleverly done.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Legend (new film about the Kray's)   Legend (new film about the Kray's) EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 9:28 pm

wasnt keen on it myself.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Legend (new film about the Kray's)   Legend (new film about the Kray's) EmptyMon Sep 14, 2015 10:22 pm

I went to watch inside out today, the bhey loved it, I played with my phone for 2 hours.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Legend (new film about the Kray's)   Legend (new film about the Kray's) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 10:15 am

Angry wrote:
wasnt keen on it myself.

Did you understand it?
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Legend (new film about the Kray's)   Legend (new film about the Kray's) EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 10:39 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Love the way they hid the Guardian's two-star review between the two heads...
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Legend (new film about the Kray's)   Legend (new film about the Kray's) EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 8:58 am

The Kemp brothers version of the Krays story was pretty good, some very no nonsense treatment of people who got in their way, notably the Italian gangster who had his hand skewered to the snooker table, the two blokes who were chatting to Reggie's missus outside the grocers, the party for Jack the Hat and shooting Cornell. Had a couple of pints in the Blind Beggar on the way to Upton Park to watch Argyle against Charlton after they had left the Valley], just an ordinary pub, no blood or bits on the walls or even a plaque-quite disappointing really. I'll probably not go to the cinema to watch it but definitely keep an eye out for it's general release and Sky appearance, there's something fascinating about the Krays and their way of doing things.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Legend (new film about the Kray's)   Legend (new film about the Kray's) EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 12:49 pm

Probably gonna go Saturday night. Don't really do the cinema that often but a few people whose judgement I trust have said its well worth it.
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

PostSubject: Re: Legend (new film about the Kray's)   Legend (new film about the Kray's) EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 1:46 pm

Not as good as everyone's making out. Fairly entertaining, but essentially a glorification of the Krays. Tom Hardy's good, but you can't quite tell if he's taking the piss at times. The voiceover and a lot of the supporting characters are teeth-grinding clichés. Fun, but about as much depth as a puddle.

I suspect that the kind of people that read 'East End hard man' books and walk like they're on a rolling boat will love it. Everyone else might be a bit 'meh'.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Legend (new film about the Kray's)   Legend (new film about the Kray's) Empty

Back to top Go down

Legend (new film about the Kray's)
Page 1 of 1