HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard? Empty
PostSubject: Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard?   Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:25 pm

I went to the game yesterday, and saw the playoffs plus about 3 or 4 other matches in which Carlo was involved.

One thing struck me, in that in basically each of them McHugh has been at the forefront of cynicism and shady niggles throughout. From the first minute hacking of the Newport player in the middle of the pitch yesterday, to the elbow in the playoff match last season.

So is he an 'orrible little oik, or wut?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard?   Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:28 pm

Every team needs someone well versed in the dark arts. Some teams have all 11.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard?   Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:30 pm

Yeah, I like it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard?   Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 12:42 pm

Nah he's a nice guy and thoroughly professional flower

Played 87 games and never had a red.

Arnason always seemed a dirty player to me and a hothead. Hourihane seemed to have a short fuse at one point too. Then there was O'Connor throwing wild elbows against Wycombe and being extremely fortunate.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard?   Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 2:15 pm

I think I might have been thinking of O'Connor tbf. Part time supporter.

I used to love a bit of a Daveeed horror tackle which he used to throw out there a fair amount, but he was so much better than them he didnt need to do it! Not sure he was dirty though, just a competitor..

Trigger dirty?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard?   Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 2:54 pm

I like him in the midfield he seems to be very suited to the role and will continue only get better as time goes by.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard?   Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 3:09 pm

None of the present team fall into ''dirty'' category although some can use the odd ''dark skills'' when required. If the opposition has a playmaker then, as teams do, rough him up early doors but the art is to rough and not get booked. Add to that the 'quiet word' said as both players get up. Do you think Roy Keane chopped and then just walked away? Doubt it. More likely a glare, smile and a whispered ''next time I'll really hurt you'' laugh
Lets see how young Carey gets handled if his present form continues.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard?   Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 3:43 pm

I thought he did remarkably well last week, given that he played for 90 minutes on a yellow.

No problem from me if we've got a couple of players who are au fait with the dark arts. We've had a very naive team for a long time.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard?   Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard? EmptyMon Aug 31, 2015 4:44 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
I thought he did remarkably well last week, given that he played for 90 minutes on a yellow.

No problem from me if we've got a couple of players who are au fait with the dark arts. We've had a very naive team for a long time.
Absolutely - if they do it then we'll do it. If they don't do it then we'll still do it. Onwards - need a cure for vertigo.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard?   Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard? EmptyTue Sep 01, 2015 7:35 am

Iam not his biggest fan thats foreshore but his playing well in thats position and good on him..but what i do know is never never play him at left back ever again..complete nightmare he was there
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard?   Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Carl McHugh a dirty bastard?
Page 1 of 1