Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Arnason   Arnason EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 7:45 pm

Playing for FC Malmo tonight against Celtic

http://cricfree.tv/watch/live/celtic-vs-malmo-ff-live-streaming
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 8:16 pm

Good luck to him. Decent player and I've layed Celtic so hoping Malmo squeeze a draw.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 8:17 pm

Oooopppppssss 2-0 affraid
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptyWed Aug 19, 2015 9:56 pm

Celtic 3-2 Malmo FT.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 8:15 am

Didn't mind Arnason as a player when he was here tbh..remember that one against Mk dons(franchise) and not the real wimbledon i mite add..was a cracker of a goal
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptyThu Aug 20, 2015 8:23 am

The only downside was that his long throws never ever came to much.even though they kept persisting with hahaha
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 2:15 pm

RegGreen wrote:
Didn't mind Arnason as a player when he was here tbh..remember that one against Mk dons(franchise) and not the real wimbledon i mite add..was a cracker of a goal

Oh dear. Afc are the protest club, mk the real dons.

I notice cillian sheridan plays for apeol nicosia they play astana next eeek.
Back to top Go down

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 3:01 pm

Arnason was one of the players who told Argyle to feck off as soon as he was owed money and left, no?
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 3:15 pm

Which is fair enough, surely.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 3:16 pm

ejh wrote:
Arnason was one of the players who told Argyle to feck off as soon as he was owed money and left, no?

This site is full of righteous do gooders. That's for sure.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 3:28 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
ejh wrote:

Anything we can do to make you feel more at home darling?
Back to top Go down

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 3:29 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
ejh wrote:

Wrong website.
Try Pasoti.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 3:45 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
ejh wrote:

lol! ATD has it's share of people who's views could be described as outre, left field, anti-establishment or whatever you choose to call them but "righteous dogooders".....? lol! I don't know if there is anything on the internet that covers inappropriate labelling but if there is, then you've just brought it to relevance.
Back to top Go down

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 4:16 pm

I resent being called a do-gooder, Rollo.Laughing
I think Saint James should put them all on zero hours contracts. It's the future. That'll knock 'em into shape. No play, no pay. Goose and ganders and all that. We've been told we all have to be more efficient.

I once was left with no alternative but to take a gun off someone called King Rollo, he of Convoy infamy. That was a pleasant day's work. Was I doing good or just passing the day, as you do ?

Last edited by John Hawkins on Sun Aug 23, 2015 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 4:17 pm

Godwin's Law is inappropriate labelling.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 4:39 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
Which is fair enough, surely.

His decision, he was a better player than most in that shite team, and had options.

It just stands out in my mind that Arnason took absolutely no bullshit from the club and outright refused to defer his wages from the moment he was asked. In hindsight he was wise, whereas others had too much faith.

It's not even like a club came in for him when he left either, he left of his own accord and went trialling around Scotland.

Some fans will naturally remember the players who went unpaid for long periods with fondness, over those who deserted the club and its fans at the first juncture.
Back to top Go down

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 4:47 pm

It wasn't Arnason that "deserted" the club, it was the club deserting it's employees, by not paying them. They welched on their contract freely entered into. You really do need to stop tugging that forelock.
Back to top Go down

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 5:13 pm

John Hawkins wrote:
It wasn't Arnason that "deserted" the club, it was the club deserting it's employees, by not paying them. They welched on their contract freely entered into. You really do need to stop tugging that forelock.

I don't consider the club and a handful of directors to be mutually exclusive terms. The club is its employees, the fans, the community - the club didn't desert the players, the directors did. Not exactly forelock tugging to appreciate a player such as Carl Fletcher who went a considerable time without pay, still playing for Argyle through thick and thin, when all the players could each have done an Arnason - walked out found new clubs and left us with nothing to carry on with.

I respect Arnason's decision, but it isn't exactly a controversy to hold the players who stayed in higher esteem.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 5:26 pm

I heard arnason was broke and had to borrow money to get home that summer !
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 5:52 pm

For the best part you get the loyalty that you pay for.

Years ago I had an annual appraisal. I was being asked all sorts of completely irrelevant questions ("how do you feel about value judgements?" was one of them) and as the questions got less and less pertinent I got more and more impertinent. Not exactly a recipe for success in any organisation on the part of either party involved.

Anyway, I was told that "people loved the company". I was aghast. I didn't love it. I went in every day, put in a shift, don't think I was ever late or absent and did all that was asked of me to the best of my ability and I was prepared to go in early, stay late or work weekends if asked - and I had a long track record of doing so without problem. But "love the company"? No. Don't be silly. And I said as much. "Nobody loves the company, they might say they do - you might say you do - but if you, me or anybody else wasn't being paid would you come in every day? Why should you? How would your mortgage or rent get paid? How could you run a car to get you here? How would you feed your kids? Maybe you'd do it once. Or twice. Put in an unpaid week maybe but there's a limit and the wages that get paid buy that "love" of which you speak".

In this context replace love with loyalty. Employers have a duty of care to their employees and that includes paying them a wage. If they don't they are in breach of contract and I don't blame those who upped and went one jot.

In fact ultimately it was the refusal to continue deferring wages and the threat of all-out strike from the players that ended the fiasco of unpaid staff and that sunk the Heaney bid. All that "love of the company"/"loyalty to the club" guff isn't only misguided but ultimately very dangerous - even if it was done with the best of intentions (which I'm certain it was).
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Rollo Tomasi

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 6:19 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
ejh wrote:

Arnason wasn't born in this country let alone the city. Why shouldn't he look to move on. He's a professional footballer with, I presume, a family to feed.

I forgot to add "sanctimonious".
Back to top Go down

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 6:41 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
Rollo Tomasi wrote:
ejh wrote:

Arnason wasn't born in this country let alone the city. Why shouldn't he look to move on. He's a professional footballer with, I presume, a family to feed.

I forgot to add "sanctimonious".

No one has criticised Arnason for leaving how and when he did. I brought it up. All I have said is that I remember the players that struggled on without pay with more endearment than those who left.

Dry your tears with a hankie and get a grip.

I take it most of you were not particularly bothered that players/staff who had mortgages, families and bills were still coming into to work for Argyle without pay, month after month, when they could have left long before? What kind of club would we have been left with without their resilience? It is not 'forelock tugging' to remember and appreciate their strength in very testing circumstances.

Arnason's choice was the one they all could have taken, but didn't.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 7:23 pm

ejh wrote:

So that's not being critical. My arse.
Back to top Go down

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 7:35 pm

EJ, You are the one who put one employee up against another in the value stakes.  In fact that is what employers often do, play employees against each other, and there was no other better example of that when it was all unravelling just to get a few more weeks of a right old bunce at the expense of the employees, all of a sudden captain Fletcher is promoted from the shop floor.....pleeeeease.

Wiggle all you like EJ, you are the one who stated Arnason "DESERTED" the club, and that's what stood out. He deserted nothing, because there was nothing. They'd dissed him, taken the piss,were trying to take him for a ride. You'ld make a fine foreman. Methinks your subconscious slip was showing you old forelock tugger you. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason EmptyFri Aug 28, 2015 8:41 pm

now in the group stages.......................cillain sheridan didnt make it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arnason Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arnason   Arnason Empty

Back to top Go down

Arnason