Tyres

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tigertony

tigertony

Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Tyres   Tyres EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 8:36 pm

Now I know that many of you are experts in rubber .... tyres! I don't do a lot of miles and to save some dosh I'm considering buying part-worn. I've seen these on ebay which are 4 for £60 (my garage man will fit for £5)
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

When I magnify the picture its showing 3 or 4 indents / grooves across the tyre. Anyone know what would have caused that or is it just a manufacturing mark??
Thanks

Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyres   Tyres EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 9:00 pm

from experience i never buy used tyres . You can never trust how they have been treated or what nasty things they might be hiding. I always use ridgeway tyres.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyres   Tyres EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 9:24 pm

tigertony wrote:
Now I know that many of you are experts in rubber .... tyres! I don't do a lot of miles and to save some dosh I'm considering buying part-worn. I've seen these on ebay which are 4 for £60 (my garage man will fit for £5)

When I magnify the picture its showing 3 or 4 indents / grooves across the tyre. Anyone know what would have caused that or is it just a manufacturing mark??
Thanks

Shorely the number of miles you do doesn't have relevance to the level of safety (tread) you want to put on your wagon? All putting a second hand set on will do is mean you have to replace them earlier next time around?

False economy, putting a set of ditch-finders on. Only scenario I'd do that would be if you were putting a set on to get it thru a MOT before getting rid.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyres   Tyres EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 10:04 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
tigertony wrote:

Thanks

Shorely the number of miles you do doesn't have relevance to the level of safety (tread) you want to put on your wagon? All putting a second hand set on will do is mean you have to replace them earlier next time around?
False economy, putting a set of ditch-finders on. Only scenario I'd do that  would be if you were putting a set on to get it thru a MOT before getting rid.
I really hadn't looked at that way!! I must do better. I'm not buying them - I'll get new.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyres   Tyres EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 10:11 pm

not sure of your situation at home tony (if you know what I mean) but i could not live with myself if the lady of the house had accident because i bought unknown used tyres.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyres   Tyres EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 10:16 pm

Motorservice will put me right, the most number of part worn tyres comes from Eastern Europe.

Last edited by Tgwu on Fri Aug 14, 2015 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyres   Tyres EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 10:17 pm

lawnmowerman wrote:
not sure of your situation at home tony (if you know what I mean) but i could not live with myself if the lady of the house had accident because i bought unknown used tyres.

Fook me Lawny you've just nailed it. I'm off to get her life insurances fully maxed up before lashing on a nasty set of ditchfinders! lol!
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyres   Tyres EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 10:22 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
lawnmowerman wrote:

Fook me Lawny you've just nailed it. I'm off to get her life insurances fully maxed up before lashing on a nasty set of ditchfinders! lol!

cant believe you used the word nailed it with regards to tyres if you know what I mean  lol!
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyres   Tyres EmptyFri Aug 14, 2015 10:25 pm

love the word ditch finders . Im sure many of our under 25 drivers could use that excuse when talking to the local coppers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Tyres Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tyres   Tyres Empty

Back to top Go down

Tyres
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: