Tgwu
Sir Francis Drake
seadog
lawnmowerman
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Having a BATH  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Having a BATH    Having a BATH  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 9:20 am

I would imagine that part time players will have more enthusiasm for games like this because they have points to prove. The "match fitness" argument is bollocks and is only trotted out when a team loses. I think it was Warnock who said a few years ago that within the game you can tell alot about a team during pre-season. If you are losing and blaming it on match fitness then its a good indication that you are going to struggle during the season.

AND.....most teams start pre-season at the same time and they all concentrate on fitness work to begin with.

Back to top Go down
Flat_Track_Bully

Flat_Track_Bully

PostSubject: Re: Having a BATH    Having a BATH  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 12:20 pm

GreenSam wrote:
Flat_Track_Bully wrote:
GreenSam wrote:
We DID also draw with Bath away last season (before we came 7th with 71 points) and they only lost 1-0 to Bristol City a few days but don't let that stop the en masse self-flagellation by any means.

And this is coming from someone who (this season, albeit not last) does have serious questions and concerns about the budget.

No we didn't. That match against Bath was two seasons ago. We finished 10th that season.
Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed It's normally me who picks up on errors like that when others make them.

But we did still draw with Weymouth 2-2 last season which is just as bad.

That Weymouth match was one where Sheridan swapped pretty much the entire team at half time - hence the disappointing result, loads of youths playing, loads of subs disrupting the shape/rhythm of the tea. Likewise I suspect the other pre-season results you mention in another post.
The concern from last night is that Adams seemed to treat it as a dry run for the league campaign - playing his strongest (fit) 11 and only making 1 sub. I admit it isn't 'panic stations' yet, but it does suggest that he has a lot of work to do to get the team playing well. In previous seasons we have bad results preseason and then started the league sluggishly, even when (as with last season) we later recovered somewhat. It just seems to me that in recent years, for whatever reason, we've always started the season on the back foot.

Adams will no doubt be aware that the performance wasn't good enough, but does he have the resources and time to sort it out in time for the new season?

Back to top Go down
http://www.sciencebrainwaves.com/
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Having a BATH    Having a BATH  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 1:05 pm

I always thought that we should play players for 90 minutes in pre-season, as the best preparation for 90 minute matches in the season.

I did assume we'd be beating sides like Bath though.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Having a BATH    Having a BATH  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 2:43 pm

Bath seem to be having a good pre-season, beating Newport, only just losing to Bristol City and drawing with Argyle.

The pre-season games Argyle are playing this summer are not that great, but you can't read much from them really. They are just a fitness building excercise and team formation juggle, as for the fans attending a pre-season away fixture, it is a night out watching a bit of football and having a beer or two. All teams have a mixed pre-season. What counts is League Two games and points. I will reserve all judgement until the season kicks off.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Having a BATH    Having a BATH  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 3:10 pm

I wasn't there but this plan to play McHugh as a sitter is a non starter. He has no mobility, doesnt pass well enough, and is very one footed.

My worry is that Adams sees us as a counter attacking team. What's wrong with taking the initiative in matches and playing off the front foot.

McHugh is a centre half. Plain and simple.

Has Wotton influenced this as I could have been describing him in the first sentence.

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Having a BATH    Having a BATH  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 4:02 pm

I think its the lack of budget, and having too many good (for league 2) centre backs. Nelson could be an option at DM as he is more mobile, but his passing lets him down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Having a BATH    Having a BATH  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 5:25 pm

Cox has to be the natural option at defensive mid, surely?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Having a BATH    Having a BATH  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 5:29 pm

ejh wrote:

Shorely his favoured position is in the hole.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Having a BATH    Having a BATH  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 6:12 pm

I think there forgetting on pisspotty that shezza's defence was rock solid if anythink..you can see it all season now shezza's fault that this & the other..deluded..the lot of em and were meant to be the freaks & weirdos
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Having a BATH    Having a BATH  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 6:32 pm

RegGreen wrote:
I think there forgetting on pisspotty that shezza's defence was rock solid if anythink..you can see it all season now shezza's fault that this & the other..deluded..the lot of em and were meant to be the freaks & weirdos
If Adams turns out to be more Fletcher than Fergie, Jose Pedlar and Xisle would be my dream team to take over.geek
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Having a BATH    Having a BATH  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 6:44 pm

You forgot the phyiso role suffers the fat man could run on with sponge & magic bucket's
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Having a BATH    Having a BATH  - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 8:33 pm

How was the party with green jock?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Having a BATH    Having a BATH  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 6:28 am

unfortunately i had last minute problems, so i couldnt make it.
I'll ask Jock to see how it went geek
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Having a BATH    Having a BATH  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 7:13 am

Les Miserable wrote:
ejh wrote:

Shorely his favoured position is in the hole.

Gotta be in position to shoot...
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Having a BATH    Having a BATH  - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 7:36 am

Takes balls mind..............
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having a BATH    Having a BATH  - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Having a BATH
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3