9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptyWed May 10, 2017 12:05 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I think PCC have a game v The Lashings XI coming up for those who like that sort of thing.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Weds 31st May
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Tgwu

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptyWed May 10, 2017 8:56 am

A bit more info

The money had increase from £6m to £9m, the extra money has come from developers and grants from national sports  federation, FA, LTA and others. Not all 2013 plan is needed now has some elements of the plan has been built at other places around Plymouth. £80,000 will go on consultant fees and plans for a drainage scheme for all of the park.

Zoe Sydenham of PCC will hold some walkabouts around the park as part of the consultation, time and dates will be advertised.

FOCP will draw up their response to the plan at their next meeting in June, individual response can still be made to PCC.

The only bad news I heard this morning concerning the cricket pitch, it could be a land swap with the park dep site. just hear say at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptyFri May 19, 2017 8:25 am

E-mail from FOCP

Dear Friend of Central Park,

Please click on the link below to take part in the consultation on Phase 1 of the Park’s Capital Improvements.  Individual responses are welcome and the FoCPP Committee will be preparing a response on behalf of the Friends Group.  If there are any points which you think ought to be made, please let me know before 24th May.

The Annual General Meeting will be held in the Bowling Pavilion at 7.30 pm on Thursday, 22nd June.  Formal notice and papers will be sent early next month but, meanwhile, please note the time in diaries.

Regards,

Andrew Young

Central Park Consultation Phase 1 will be available for you to view and comment between the following dates:

Start date: 18/05/17 15:30

End date: 03/06/17 17:00

Please select the following link to view this event:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If the link appears to be broken, please try copying the entire link into the address bar on your web browser.

This e-mail has been automatically generated by the Consultation software.

The information contained in this e-mail or in any attachments is confidential and is intended solely for the named addressee only. Access to this e-mail by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the administrator and do not read, use or disseminate the information. Opinions expressed in this e-mail are those of the sender and not necessarily the company. Although an active anti-virus policy is operated, the company accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail, including any attachments.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptyFri May 19, 2017 9:21 am

Serious question. How much of the park has been lost to development since the late 60's....?? I can recall doing a sponsored walk to aid funding of the Mayflower centre which eventually was replaced by the bigger life centre but also allowing for demolition of the original swimming pool.
I cant think or see any thing else has changed or encroached ?? Not saying there isnt but nothings jumping out at me
Edited....pay and display car park by life centre "marginally" bigger than the old swimming pool car park
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptyFri May 19, 2017 10:11 am

harvetheslayer wrote:
Serious question. How much of the park has been lost to development since the late 60's....??  I can recall doing a sponsored walk to aid funding of the Mayflower centre which eventually was replaced by the bigger life centre but also allowing for demolition of the original swimming pool.
I cant think or see any thing else has changed or encroached ??  Not saying there isnt but nothings jumping out at me
Edited....pay and display car park by life centre "marginally" bigger than the old swimming pool car park

There are no pay and display car parks in the park
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptyFri May 19, 2017 10:27 am

Tgwu wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:
Serious question. How much of the park has been lost to development since the late 60's....??  I can recall doing a sponsored walk to aid funding of the Mayflower centre which eventually was replaced by the bigger life centre but also allowing for demolition of the original swimming pool.
I cant think or see any thing else has changed or encroached ??  Not saying there isnt but nothings jumping out at me

ok you're picking a minor hole. Whats the signs splashed over the car parking area adjoining outlands rd and to side of the life centre ??
Have never stopped there but have seen many posts elsewhere of tickets being issued from there. Time limit perhaps for casual parking
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptyFri May 19, 2017 11:14 am

harvetheslayer wrote:

A bleddy great big chunk was lost to the expansion of Milehouse junction, for starters. And the Life Centre car park (which is only for Life Centre users, hence others getting parking tickets) is massively bigger than the old swimming pool car park. Plus the houses and flats down the bottom by Pennycomequick.

That's just the bits I can think of.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptyFri May 19, 2017 1:16 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

ok you're picking a minor hole. Whats the signs splashed over the car parking area adjoining outlands rd and to side of the life centre ??
Have never stopped there but have seen many posts elsewhere of tickets being issued from there. Time limit perhaps for casual parking

Not picking any holes, there is a small car park on the left as you come in the new milehouse entrance for Life Centre staff, all other car parks are free, you only receive tickets if you do not park in the bays or outside the car parks. No time limit.

Agree with Peggy The best play park was taken away when they took the corner for the Milehouse junction. The Parks dept size was increase and lost the land for Goals football centre site
Back to top Go down
MikeWN

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptyFri May 19, 2017 2:58 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I think PCC have a game v The Lashings XI coming up for those who like that sort of thing.

Weds 31st May

John Emburey must be older than God's dog! Then again, he always struck me as the kind of fella who came out of the womb at 45 years old, and it's not like his game was ever about pure athleticism.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptyFri May 19, 2017 5:19 pm

Peggy wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

A bleddy great big chunk was lost to the expansion of Milehouse junction, for starters. And the Life Centre car park (which is only for Life Centre users, hence others getting parking tickets) is massively bigger than the old swimming pool car park. Plus the houses and flats down the bottom by Pennycomequick.

This might help.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Definitely a big chunk gone for the Milehouse Junction but the pre-Life Centre existing car parks don't really show.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptyFri May 19, 2017 6:01 pm

Don't start me off on one......it's a nice sunny evening.

While we're on the subject of parks, take note that there is now a cafe, the pavilion cafe, in Victoria Park, based at the old lodge. Run by the people that run the Devonport park cafe. Get yourself down there for a cup of tea and more, it's easy to park on the road outside the entrance gates to the park by Hotham Place, or better still you lazy gits, take a stroll. Nice to see a sunny vantage point used at last. A sweet spot and adds to the life of the park.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptyFri May 19, 2017 6:25 pm

Been there, nice girls, Son lives near and was told some resident are calling for resident parking permits around the area.

What about coming to the next meeting of FOCP
Back to top Go down

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptyFri May 19, 2017 6:50 pm

I keep meaning to Tg.
As for the parking, it's been an issue for many years now. It's more of a problem down the other end at Millbridge. I fully understand residents' concerns at hot spots. The other side of the park off North Road West is nearly all resident parking, and hs been for many years due to the city centre thing where people would park all day long while they went to work. Not any more they don't.
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptySat May 20, 2017 7:48 am

Well I must have a walk around some time. The original road junction which I can barely remember at milehouse obviously was enlarged because of huge increases in traffic. I was talking of housing/industrial development on central park. The houses leading down to Pennycomequick roundabout surely only replaced what was originally there and were mostly derelict.

Tell me where a similar brent inspired HHP encroachment is on Central Park because I see none at all
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptySat May 20, 2017 8:00 am

Peggy wrote:
harvetheslayer wrote:

Hold on you're completely forgetting the complete removal of the swimming pool itself and surrounds when talking "massively bigger car park" (its not anyway) it would be fair to say that the return of that to grass made up for the original land lost at milehouse junction as well.
In fact completely neutral overall encroachment as regards grass areas now as what 1970
Back to top Go down

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptySat May 20, 2017 9:21 am

BHarve, you're way wrong especially as you're forgetting the life centre footprint itself that was built on the hockey pitch field and old green lane. The car parking area is huge now compared to previous. Then there's the skate board park that is hard cover, with the ground for visiting fairs far more 'industrialised'.
The most obvious attempt at year on year encroachment attempts was the football club under cover of the dodgy non charity green Taverners who applied for planning to hold their car boot sales ( again industrialise ) on Loves field. There's acres of concrete for them to hold their sales these days, and was clearly a sign of where the club owners and previous owners have set their greedy eyes. No wonder Hallet is going down the youth academy route on that side of the stadium. That whole area surrounding the old parks department depot is outside the green protection of the overall park strategy.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptySat May 20, 2017 12:12 pm

beesrus wrote:
BHarve, you're way wrong especially as you're forgetting the life centre footprint itself that was built on the hockey pitch field and old green lane. The car parking area is huge now compared to previous. Then there's the skate board park that is hard cover, with the ground for visiting fairs far more 'industrialised'.
The most obvious attempt at year on year encroachment attempts was the football club under cover of the dodgy non charity green Taverners who applied for planning to hold their car boot sales ( again industrialise ) on Loves field. There's acres of concrete for them to hold their sales these days, and was clearly a sign of where the club owners and previous owners have set their greedy eyes. No wonder Hallet is going down the youth academy route on that side of the stadium. That whole area surrounding the old parks department depot is outside the green protection of the overall park strategy.

The Life centre is built on the Mayflower football pitch and the lane running from the vets to HP, taking away two Devon hedges and the two hedges and lane running along the side of the pitch and the HHP carpark and the main entrance.

Back to top Go down

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptySat May 20, 2017 12:46 pm

Tgwu wrote:
beesrus wrote:

The Life centre is built on the Mayflower football pitch and the lane running from the vets to HP, taking away two Devon hedges and the two hedges and lane running along the side of the pitch and the HHP carpark and the main entrance.

but im i right in thinking all the land if not the majority they use to build the life centre was given back with the demolition off the central park/mayflower buildings?
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptySat May 20, 2017 2:37 pm

In relation to my original point of grass areas being returned to the park since 1970 in addition what was missed out was the Zoo area returned to grass
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 8:23 am

Dear Friend of Central Park

Hopefully, you will have been able to take part in one of the consultation events on this link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] There are more opportunities to discuss the proposed improvements with PCC officers tomorrow, Friday and Saturday.

As a group, we plan to respond to the consultation questionnaire at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with general comments and the draft response is attached for information. You can see that many of the questions can only be answered by individuals so please take the time to do that. You might find it helpful to refer to the points made in the group’s response, especially if you particularly agree or disagree with any of them.

From FOCP
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 8:31 am

Are the FOCP against green land being used for sporting purposes such as life centre....?? Must apologise I didnt see responses to me before my last post. Thats a general question with no agenda in asking
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 9:13 am

Tgwu wrote:
Dear Friend of Central Park

Hopefully, you will have been able to take part in one of the consultation events on this link: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]   There are more opportunities to discuss the proposed improvements with PCC officers tomorrow, Friday and Saturday.

As a group, we plan to respond to the consultation questionnaire at [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] with general comments and the draft response is attached for information.   You can see that many of the questions can only be answered by individuals so please take the time to do that.  You might find it helpful to refer to the points made in the group’s response, especially if you particularly agree or disagree with any of them.  

From FOCP

Central Park development proposals – May 2017

Comments by Friends of Central Park Plymouth

The Friends of Central Park Plymouth (FoCPP) fully agree the need for capital improvements and support the proposals in general terms. However, several important aspects require further development and our comments are intended to assist with this. Our overall aims are to increase:

1. The physical attractiveness of the park.

2. The numbers of people using the park on a regular basis.

3. Its sustainability, through ease of maintenance and the re-application of funds raised through park usage.

Do you have any comments on general improvements you would like to see?

Water features and drainage

Existing drainage installations deprive the park of a key resource – surface water – whilst groundwater issues are largely uncontained. The introduction of new water features to include a lake at Barn Park and a stream through the Valley will be extremely important as they will:

· Strengthen its ecology with new wildlife arriving.

· Enhance its amenity value and make it even more attractive for visitors.

· Provide a recreational resource with the potential for new enterprises.

Groundwater issues and water run-offs should be led in surface courses into the existing sewer under Pennycomequick and Victoria Park, and discharge into Stonehouse Creek. However, we understand that there may be concerns about the risks of:

· Polluted water entering the sea.

· Overloading the sewer after rain and at high tides.

· Flooding on Central Park Avenue should collection arrangements become blocked.

The Hydrology and Drainage Study should address each of these risks and propose measures for making them acceptable. It should also establish the attenuation volumes required to minimise flood risk and the storage volumes required to maintain a minimum flow in the valley stream.

Signage

Signage can be introduced progressively if there is an overall plan. Finger posts are least likely to attract graffiti and they should be metal rather than recycled plastic which burns. The style in the City Centre would be quite attractive if adapted for a parkland setting and there are good examples of this in other parks. Unfortunately, experience indicates that, unless very well sited, maps and interpretation boards can quickly become damaged or defaced.

Path surfaces

Improvements should go wider than just re-surfacing and issues like junction alignments, drainage and lighting should also be addressed. Granite-sett gutters will need particular attention.

Boundaries and the quality of vegetation and trees

Much could be done to improve boundaries and the quality of vegetation and trees by developing and implementing a management plan.

Do you have any comments on the location of the café?

We have carefully considered the proposed location of the café and, on balance, believe that it would be better sited near the position shown in the 2013 Masterplan.

Locating the café next to the Clock Tower roundabout will bring the following issues:

· Its main users will be those who already pass on their way to or from the Life Centre, playground and PAFC. It will not encourage people further into the park and may not attract new user groups.

· Passing trade is likely to influence the customer offer with snacks predominating as with the Life Centre and Golf Hut currently. There could be three outlets within 300 metres all with similar food offers.

· It will not be possible to run the Golf Course from this distance so the opportunity to consolidate facilities will be lost.

· There is already congestion around the clock tower when the fair and circus are on the Events Field – perhaps for six weeks every year – and a café will further reduce the available space.

· There will be issues about hot-dog stalls, etc, competing with the café when the Events Field is being used for events.

· The new toilets, whilst welcome, will be fairly close to the Life Centre toilets and hardly convenient for people on the sports plateau or in the Valley.

The Friends of Central Park Plymouth would prefer to see the new café situated close to the Golf Course hedge and between Mayflower Drive and the playground. In this position, it should provide:

· Synergy between the café, golf and sports facilities and the playground.

· A destination in its own right.

· Greater reason for a different food offer.

· Less conflict when the Event Field is in use.

· Unscreened views across the golf course.

· Better provision for service vehicles, waste bins, etc (see comments on Community Sports Hub).

Do you have any other comments on this section (about the café)?

Sloping ground presents an opportunity to include a kiosk and take-away counter underneath the main café and its terrace, which would be slightly raised. Such an under-storey would lend character to the building, especially if it were faced with limestone, and it could work to enhance security.

The café terrace should be part-covered to provide shelter and have sections for families with children and for dog walkers.

Toilets should be off the main entrance lobby so people using them do not need to go through the café.

There should be internal wall space to display Central Park information and pictures.

Do you have any comments on the concept (of a Community Sports Hub)?

The internal layout and use of space needs to be discussed with stakeholders. A second, larger clubroom overlooking the tennis courts will be an important addition to:

· Accommodate different sports teams at the same time.

· Provide a room that will be large enough to use for indoor fitness/ dance classes such as Pilates, mother and toddler, etc, as there are few suitable venues currently.

· Provide a good frontage on the building’s rear elevation.

It will be essential to have a designated Facility Operator who will be responsible for cleanliness and upkeep of the building. This could be the Café, Life Centre or Golf Operators, or a PCC officer or a staff member in one of the user groups. There needs to be a charging regime based on forecast usage and assessed costs, whilst taking account of users’ ability to pay.

It should be possible to have a system whereby registered users can make bookings on-line. With electronic access controls, the Facility Operator would not always need to meet users at the start and end of their sessions.

The area to the south of the building should be screened by hedges and used as hard-standing for service vehicles and other support functions. This should minimise unsightly clutter around the café.

Staff and volunteers working in the park require access to water for plants. There should be rain collection and a metered water supply provided for the purpose.

The new paths behind the Bowling Pavilion should run closer to existing desire lines. This may require slight changes to the plan positions of the tennis courts and junior football pitch. Levels across the infilled area also need to be adjusted in ways that will improve the landscape and its usability.

Do you have any other comments on this section (about the play area)?

It is unclear why all the existing equipment has to be replaced. It would seem possible to keep what is there already and to link it with the wider playable landscape.

Do you have any comments on the proposal of the skate area?

We don’t have the knowledge to comment on the skate park improvements but know the facility is well used and improvements are wanted.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptyWed May 31, 2017 9:23 am

Dates still available in the park to talk to PCC

Pop by to see the plans and chat to staff at the gazebo
by the Clock Tower in the park on these dates:

Thursday 1 June 2pm to 4pm
Saturday 3 June 11am to 3pm

Come on a ‘Walk n Talk’ around the park,
followed by a cuppa in the Bowling Pavilion
(booking essential) see link above.

Friday 2 June 5.30pm to 7pm
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 9:05 pm

What a wanker,

Lundan Cabbie

There is plenty of space around the stadium for future expansion especially on the Grandstand side even with another venue between the stadium and the Life Centre. If anything I think the club should try and acquire land behind the Lyndhurst and Barn Park so that the footprint could go back further in order to add another tier. Plans to actually do it don't need to be made at this time but securing the land now might prevent frustration in the future.

Lundan Cabbie

Not large areas. When the club reaches the Prem, the whole city will be grateful for the attention and the business that will be attracted to the area. Should the club require the extra 20 -30 meters around the stadium, I can't see many objecting apart from the few that are fanatical about this bit of parkland. If it wasn't for dog walkers Central Park would hardly be used. It needs sprucing up and it needs amenities but there is plenty of room for all of that as well as allowing a larger footprint for the stadium.

We need a secretary

Dear Friend of Central Park Plymouth,

The Annual General Meeting will be held at 7.30 pm on Thursday, 22nd June in the Bowling Pavilion, Central Park.  The agenda and other papers are attached.  Please attend this important meeting if you possibly can.

Gerald Scott is standing down as secretary and we do need someone to take his place.  The main duties are to prepare the agenda and minutes for committee meetings four times a year and to circulate information to members. Please think about this carefully and let me know if you feel it is something you can help with.

I am also attaching our group response to the current consultation; there are no changes since the draft I circulated on Wednesday.
Back to top Go down

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 EmptyMon Jun 05, 2017 9:18 pm

Mr Cabbie obviously doesn't have a clue about how things work, but then he does support Palace I seem to remember from my dim and distant past on that forum.
This bit made me laugh " I can't see many objecting ". LOL.
I suggest he has a look at what happened when the mighty Liverpool wanted to take over part of Stanley Park.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FOCP - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOCP   FOCP - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

FOCP
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next