Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

James McClean flag row

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

James McClean flag row Empty
PostSubject: James McClean flag row   James McClean flag row EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 8:48 pm

Link

i'm conflicted about this social media shit storm caused by james mcclean turning away from the flag in protest to his ira supporting beliefs (he is a known supporter there are pics of him on the net with badge slogans of theres)

part of me feels he could have done it in a more respectfully way instead of making a scene like he does every year with the poppy and why on earth did they have to have the national anthem playing for anyway or flag. The other part of me thinks i dont think i would do any different with another nations flag and anthem other than my own but in a respectful way but how can you do that though i wonder.

what do you guys feel?
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: James McClean flag row   James McClean flag row EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 9:40 pm

It's up to him. People use the, 'he should respect them because we have freedom because of them' but he has the freedom to choose what he wants to do so I can't say it bothers me. I don't sing 'God Save the queen' (note no capital q) because I'm completely against the idea of a monarchy in the 21st Century, in fact, I'd have probably turned my back on it too. Obviously very different reasoning but I don't see why his political views should bother anyone.

The reason he does all of this is because of Bloody Sunday, and it's something that sadly many English/British nationalists will just never understand. As for the poppy well, many people don't wear one anyway, it's not up to someone else to decide what he wants to do.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: James McClean flag row   James McClean flag row EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 4:34 am

The reason he does all of this is because of Bloody Sunday, and it's something that sadly many English/British nationalists will just never understand

What do we English not understand.?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: James McClean flag row   James McClean flag row EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 8:10 am

Tgwu wrote:

The reason he does all of this is because of Bloody Sunday, and it's something that sadly many English/British nationalists will just never understand

I think the kid has read a book on it, and is now the Font.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: James McClean flag row   James McClean flag row EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 8:17 am

At least he is honest in his support of terrorism and the cowardly indiscrimanate murder of women and children based on his choice of faith.

A thoroughly principled man, hurrah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James McClean flag row   James McClean flag row EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 8:32 am

He is not that principled. He is happy to work in England and pay tax to the UK Government who in turn fund the Armed Forces.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: James McClean flag row   James McClean flag row EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 8:33 am

Paven wrote:
It's up to him. People use the, 'he should respect them because we have freedom because of them' but he has the freedom to choose what he wants to do so I can't say it bothers me. I don't sing 'God Save the queen' (note no capital q) because I'm completely against the idea of a monarchy in the 21st Century, in fact, I'd have probably turned my back on it too. Obviously very different reasoning but I don't see why his political views should bother anyone.

The reason he does all of this is because of Bloody Sunday, and it's something that sadly many English/British nationalists will just never understand. As for the poppy well, many people don't wear one anyway, it's not up to someone else to decide what he wants to do.

Poppy Day Protest Maclean style
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: James McClean flag row   James McClean flag row EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 8:40 am

Another Brave Act
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James McClean flag row   James McClean flag row EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 11:38 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:
He is not that principled. He is happy to work in England and pay tax to the UK Government who in turn fund the Armed Forces.

And has a british passport too which he hasnt denounced.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: James McClean flag row   James McClean flag row EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 12:44 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

I think the kid has read a book on it, and is now the Font.

He should have been there like me and  hundreds more were. Make me sick  what these little boys like him thinks.

That all I will say on this thread, lost a few friends
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: James McClean flag row   James McClean flag row EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 1:22 pm

Indeed T&G it may do wonders for his street cred with the other chavs on the mean streets of Ulster but to any sane person it is just so much shite.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: James McClean flag row   James McClean flag row EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 1:49 pm

I should clarify - I perhaps used the wrong phrase there but was with regards to some users on Twitter, not aimed at anyone here.

That's all else I'll add on, not worth the f*cking hassle with some of you lot.

Last edited by Paven on Mon Jul 20, 2015 1:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: James McClean flag row   James McClean flag row EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 1:51 pm

I was just aware of McLean's view on it - I don't really have much of an opinion on his views.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: James McClean flag row   James McClean flag row EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 2:05 pm

He is trying to give legitimacy to indiscriminate terrorism.
Whilst I personally think Bloody Sunday was a complete feck up, even if I gave unequivocal support to every action the UK armed forces did in Northern Ireland I would not dream of turning my back on the Irish flag or anthem.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: James McClean flag row   James McClean flag row EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 2:15 pm

Is it possible to defend McClean's right to what is, ultimately, a peaceful protest, without condoning the actions of the IRA/Bloody Sunday massacre?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: James McClean flag row   James McClean flag row EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 2:36 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Is it possible to defend McClean's right to what is, ultimately, a peaceful protest, without condoning the actions of the IRA/Bloody Sunday massacre?

Difficult I'd say, when they're pretty much intrinsically linked.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: James McClean flag row   James McClean flag row EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 3:02 pm

I would say not, it is just, IMO, distatsteful chav posing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: James McClean flag row   James McClean flag row EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 12:31 pm

seadog wrote:
He is trying to give legitimacy to indiscriminate terrorism.
Whilst I personally think Bloody Sunday was a complete feck up, even if I gave unequivocal support to every action the UK armed forces did in Northern Ireland I would not dream of turning my back on the Irish flag or anthem.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

says it all about the ira supporter the guy is a hypocrite of the highest order.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: James McClean flag row   James McClean flag row Empty

Back to top Go down

James McClean flag row
Page 1 of 1