Elias
Les Miserable
Sir Francis Drake
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Motorservices

Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time   Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 8:31 pm

Paven wrote:
I put you 7th.

Love your new Paul Richardson themed 3rd kit btw.

Yeah i saw that mate Very Happy my reply wasnt aimed at you, dont get me wrong id love it if you lot finished 24th but taking LR out the question and thinking about the players you have signed i think a top 12 finish will be a good season for you, pompy, will at one point walk this league, they get around 15k a week so on income alone they should manage, Oxford might, but doubt it, Yeovil i can see finishing in the bottom half

As for the kit well, its like the Black last season, i liked it and bought one, we rarely used it, the flum shirt will be the same imho, more a marketing tool than a kit we use

If (big if i know) we manage to get out of lg2 this season then next will be interesting, as we will be replacing the OG our home cap could be around 6k, last time we were in lg1 we ave 5.7k
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time   Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 8:43 pm

Motorservices wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:
Last season's When Saturday Comes prediction:

1 Luton
2 Burton
3 Southend
--------------------
4 Portsmouth
5 Shrewsbury
6 Tranmere
7 York
---------------------
11 Plymouth Argyle
21 Exeter City
22 Wycombe
---------------------
23 Accrington
24 Morecambe

I'm pretty sure FourFourTwo magazine had us down to finish 2nd.

Only on an argyle forum, your squad is actually weaker this season than last, and i take it you havent noticed our new signing? keeper from the CCC, who is prob the best PC Keeper in league 2, couple with the fact we have signed Troy Brown, Holmes, Resigned Ribs and are about to sign Will Hoskins, we have a side that can keep clean sheets and Will and Tommy up front we should will be fine

Write us off, it will make commenting on this thread through the season so much more amusing

Will Hoskins was good when he was at Bristol Rovers but seems to have been shit for a few seasons now- he's scored 3 goals in 4 seasons (injury prone?). He looks like he is still lacking fitness (unless this is an old story)-

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Olejnik isn't really a Championship keeper (aren't Posh in League 1?), granted he was very good at this level for Torquay.

Troy Brown looks to have appeared mainly at the low end of league 2 (last club being Cheltenham), never seen him play so can't really comment more than that.

But looking at City's wiki page you do have a decent squad of players (with 2 yoofs)-

we have 4 players less (and 3 yoofs)-

Whereas Exeter's budget seems to have increased (with the Grimes money) and ours decreased I wouldn't be surprised if we finished around the same level, dare I say it but City could finish higher than us  Sad
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time   Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 8:51 pm

I don't understand this love affair with Pompey. Everyone seems to think they're about to go into orbit
Their owners racked up huge debts well outstripping our own goons. They're another debt colony, where clutch control is where it's at. They'll be in the bottom 2 division until the repayment app throws a wobbly when the fans get fed up and attendances drop beyond debt repayment schedules. No new money man will take them on just to pay off the ex earlier.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time   Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 9:14 pm

Chemical Ali wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:
Last season's When Saturday Comes prediction:

1 Luton
2 Burton
3 Southend
--------------------
4 Portsmouth
5 Shrewsbury
6 Tranmere
7 York
---------------------
11 Plymouth Argyle
21 Exeter City
22 Wycombe
---------------------
23 Accrington
24 Morecambe

I'm pretty sure FourFourTwo magazine had us down to finish 2nd.

Only on an argyle forum, your squad is actually weaker this season than last, and i take it you havent noticed our new signing? keeper from the CCC, who is prob the best PC Keeper in league 2, couple with the fact we have signed Troy Brown, Holmes, Resigned Ribs and are about to sign Will Hoskins, we have a side that can keep clean sheets and Will and Tommy up front we should will be fine

Write us off, it will make commenting on this thread through the season so much more amusing

Will Hoskins was good when he was at Bristol Rovers but seems to have been shit for a few seasons now- he's scored 3 goals in 4 seasons (injury prone?). He looks like he is still lacking fitness (unless this is an old story)-

Olejnik isn't really a Championship keeper (aren't Posh in League 1?), granted he was very good at this level for Torquay.

Troy Brown looks to have appeared mainly at the low end of league 2 (last club being Cheltenham), never seen him play so can't really comment more than that.

But looking at City's wiki page you do have a decent squad of players (with 2 yoofs)-

we have 4 players less (and 3 yoofs)-

Whereas Exeter's budget seems to have increased (with the Grimes money) and ours decreased I wouldn't be surprised if we finished around the same level, dare I say it but City could finish higher than us  Sad

Hoskins imho is in a similar place as Cureton was, done very little 2 or 3 seasons before he joined us, had a great season, left, failed at Orient, came back to us and scored 20, i think we will prob sign 2 more players, Fisher might be one, the other i have no idea

Having had a full season with 20 yr olds in goal having Bobby is a breath of fresh air
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time   Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 9:32 pm

Motorservices wrote:
Paven wrote:
I put you 7th.

If (big if i know) we manage to get out of lg2 this season then next will be interesting, as we will be replacing the OG our home cap could be around 6k, last time we were in lg1 we ave 5.7k
Motor, I'm certain you'll be out of Lge 2 for 16/17 season. laugh But then Eastleigh, Dover, Woking and Boreham Wood are probably friendly places.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time   Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 9:34 pm

John Hawkins wrote:
I don't understand this love affair with Pompey. Everyone seems to think they're about to go into orbit
Their owners racked up huge debts well outstripping our own goons. They're another debt colony, where clutch control is where it's at. They'll be in the bottom 2 division until the repayment app throws a wobbly when the fans get fed up and attendances drop beyond debt repayment schedules. No new money man will take them on just to pay off the ex earlier.

Pompey announced that they are now debt-free last season.

Very shortly before Argyle announced the £800k PCC loan because we tried to copy their modus operandi.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time   Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 9:41 pm

tigertony wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
Paven wrote:
I put you 7th.

Motor, I'm certain you'll be out of Lge 2 for 16/17 season. laugh  But then Eastleigh, Dover, Woking and Boreham Wood are probably friendly places.

looking at current squads id be more worried about you greens going down than the mighty Grecians
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time   Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 10:07 pm

Motorservices wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
Paven wrote:
I put you 7th.

Motor, I'm certain you'll be out of Lge 2 for 16/17 season. laugh  But then Eastleigh, Dover, Woking and Boreham Wood are probably friendly places.

looking at current squads id be more worried about you greens going down than the mighty Grecians

Nah our defence is still excellent, plus Reid coming back with Carey and Wylde looking very good as well, we are FAR too good to even think about going down.. Not least because we've got a very good manager at the helm too.
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

PostSubject: Re: Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time   Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 10:28 pm

Paven wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
Paven wrote:
I put you 7th.

Nah our defence is still excellent, plus Reid coming back with Carey and Wylde looking very good as well, we are FAR too good to even think about going down.. Not least because we've got a very good manager at the helm too.

I bet Tranny fans thought the same 12 months ago..............

Big question is, will Reid be any good now his partner has left?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time   Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 11:00 pm

You appear to be right there Sir Frank. I haven't been following much football recently apart from our debacle. No wonder people are fancying Portsmouth now. They've certainly been lucky with the parachute payments, even Russians picking up the tab and then disappearing. And owned by a Fans' Trust to boot. If only.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time   Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 12:17 am

So Motor - you're a friend of Tranny's then? I was wondering about that slinky pink number hanging in the loo at your fine establishment. laugh
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time   Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 12:58 am

VillageGreen wrote:
swampy wrote:
Paven wrote:
1st = Luton Town
2nd = Notts County
3rd = Yeovil Town
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
4th = Cambridge United
5th = Argyle
6th = Portsmouth
7th = Oxford United
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
8th = Wycombe Wanderers
9th = Bristol Rovers
10th = Northampton Town

23rd = Accrington Stanley
24th = Leyton Orient

(Thanks for the template VG!)

Well that's an interesting one-Orient bottom of the football league! Speaking to an avid Luton fan, a friend of mine and he is not over enthusiastic about the coming season at all. He reckons John Still has just gone around his old teams and contacts signing players form the likes of Dagenham.
I will be surprised to see Yeovil in the shake up at the top, top 3 anyway and also Cambridge.
What the hell do I know though?, it's all a bit early for guessing games but for what it's worth I'll go with:

1. Notts County
2. Pompey
3. Argyle
4. Luton
5. Leyton Orient
6. Oxford
7. Bristol Rovers
8. Yeovil
9. Crawley
10. Northampton

22.Morecambe
23. Accrington
24. Newport

Really.

What do you mean really? Do you think I made it up? Yep that's what he said and that's how he sees it. I told him last year I thought his team would win the league after they romped away with the Conference and he thought they might just scrape in the play offs as the loss of their top striker to Brentford was a hammer blow. Looking at their site I would say they have made a few decent signings amongst the 9 players they have recruited in the summer and I would expect to see them thereabouts myself.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time   Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 11:36 am

Motorservices wrote:
Paven wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
tigertony wrote:
Motorservices wrote:
Paven wrote:
I put you 7th.

I bet Tranny fans thought the same 12 months ago..............

Big question is, will Reid be any good now his partner has left?

Never rated his partner as highly as some on here did.

Irrespective, I think we're likely to play a 4231 of some sort, with Cox and maybe Simpson sat in midfield with an attacking 3 of Wylde, Carey and Jervis at the mo.. Though I think we may be looking at right wingers - tis a badly needed area. Good thing about this manager is he seems capable of more than one formation.. Not just a 352 or 442 with the wrong players in the wrong positions! It's a novel concept after the last two and a half years.

Wylde vs Ribeiro is going to be one hell of a clash this season by the way, genuinely looking forward to that individual battle.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time   Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 12:43 pm

John Hawkins wrote:
You appear to be right there Sir Frank. I haven't been following much football recently apart from our debacle. No wonder people are fancying Portsmouth now. They've certainly been lucky with the parachute payments, even Russians picking up the tab and then disappearing. And owned by a Fans' Trust to boot.  If only.

Pompey's issue is simply one of good governance. If they get it right they'll walk it.

That said they've shown little sign of getting it right so far.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time   Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 6:30 pm

Here's the view from the Two Unfortunates

Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time   Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 7:24 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Here's the view from the Two Unfortunates

They're right on the nail with Luton and Pompey up automatically. Those two will walk it. Us chasing the play-offs is well wide though -we'll finish bottom half.

BRENT OUT
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time   Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 04, 2015 8:49 pm

The Guardian league Two 2015-16 season preview

Paul Cook’s appointment has given Pompey fans hope they can rise again, with Plymouth and Yeovil also likely to be among a battle at the top

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time   Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Div 2 15/16 - Crystal ball time
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2