Tgwu
Chemical Ali
Les Miserable
Flat_Track_Bully
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Players in vs Players out  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Players in vs Players out    Players in vs Players out  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 1:37 pm

ejh wrote:
Angry wrote:
ejh wrote:
Some of you won't be happy until the club is overspending and back in administration it seems.

what utter garbage from you.

We have a squad of 20 on 1 year deals at the moment and that is as cheap as its getting, even if del bhey brings in another much needed 4 players who again will be free as we kow brent int going to pay fees for contracted players and they sign 1 year deals or del bhey brings in 4 loan players on deals for 6 moth to a season or mixes the two up he still isnt going break the incredibly low budget Brent has put in place. Plus he needs to have a bigger squad than 20 given the emergency loan system is pretty much gone and he has alot of injury prone players in that squad to even attempt to try and copy wycombe with the smallest squad in the league.

Plus millionaire Brent can afford to invest he chooses not too we all have to.

It's smart more than it is 'cheap'.

Giving expensive 2 year deals to Marvin Morgan and Jason Banton, when for the majority of their contracts they didn't even produce form worthy of first team selection IS NOT SMART.

Giving Smalley a 2 year deal and Brunt an 18 month deal, when the manager possibly wants neither for the next 12 months, IS NOT SMART.

Handing out two year contracts isn't Brent 'showing ambition' or 'splashing the cash'. It just totally ties the club's hands every summer when we can't manoeuvre in the transfer market with dead wood in the squad we can't get rid of.

So thanks for calling my post utter garbage, but coming from you and the ignorant crap you post daily (on both football and your obsession with Pieface) that is probably a compliment!

Intelligent input darling why dont you have another beer then.

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Guessing you meant to write shouldn't there? If so, I do agree. We still need, at the very least, a right sided midfielder and another central midfielder in order to have a competitive squad. O'Connor's versatility - as a midfielder, right back and centre back - makes him the almost perfect signing for us. But we'd still need a right mid. 

Also, I think its a shame we let Allen go. From what I saw of him he was a pretty decent midfielder, good in a tackle and plays it simple on the ball. Adequate enough, and cheap, cover.

yes i did mean to say Shouldn't i blame this auto correct thing on my laptop lol. I agree we need a player of O'Connors Versatility especially on the right had side of both the defence and midfield.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Players in vs Players out    Players in vs Players out  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 2:02 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Hahaha, well there we go then. Seeing as the money was there for him, hopefully we now look into signing at least one more permanent.

see my source is far more reliable and never wrong Laughing hopefully we can find a player of equally or better standing to O'Connor as the club could do with a player like that
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Players in vs Players out    Players in vs Players out  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 3:07 pm

Angry wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Hahaha, well there we go then. Seeing as the money was there for him, hopefully we now look into signing at least one more permanent.

see my source is far more reliable and never wrong Laughing hopefully we can find a player of equally or better standing to O'Connor as the club could do with a player like that

My point wasn't that we were going to sign O'Connor, but more that because Adams had admit there was a possibility of it then there must still have been budget available to bring him in if he Delph'd it. He's gone Burton, so that portion of the budget shouldn't have vaporized - we should still be able to bring in at least one player to help us cover those two urgent areas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Players in vs Players out    Players in vs Players out  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 3:24 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Angry wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:

My point wasn't that we were going to sign O'Connor, but more that because Adams had admit there was a possibility of it then there must still have been budget available to bring him in if he Delph'd it. He's gone Burton, so that portion of the budget shouldn't have vaporized - we should still be able to bring in at least one player to help us cover those two urgent areas.

but my point is Anthony told the club he was going after the Wycombe game 2nd leg as he only came here in January on perm deal when blackburn told him he had no future was because we were pushing for League one, he enjoyed his spell here and he wants to play at the highest league poss which is understandable. Which is why he held out as long as he did before coming back as he was trying to find a league one club.
Had we gone up then i believe he was prepared to move down here and commit his future more long term contract pending but as we didnt he stayed true to his word and left and the club knew he was going. They offered him a deal like with Alessandra regardless because they didnt want the backlash of them announcing they were being released with the other players that were named when they were both key players in the side.

Personally i feel the club should have said he turned down their deal and had left the club much earlier rather than let it slide hope its been forgotten. It was also not wise to string fans along like with baz and say the clubs are still in talks with him weeks after hsi deal ended
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Players in vs Players out    Players in vs Players out  - Page 2 EmptySat Jul 18, 2015 5:22 pm

Players, especially loanees, are like jockeys. They'll hop on the best horse offered to them. As soon as Argyle flunked, it was obvious the Blackburn jockey was off. Argyle have all the allure of an old nag pulling a cartload of debt. Mind you, were not talking champion jockeys here. Oconnor is not the best player on two legs and it all reminds me of Mighty mouse Alan Judge, another Blackburn reject having to get used to the fact they're no good. I expect Oconnor's career to follow that of Judge.
It would be nice if the club were more open, but they're not, and that's that. Still, Jimmy is certainly being transparent in himself. I can see right through him.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Players in vs Players out    Players in vs Players out  - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 9:51 am

John Hawkins wrote:

Players, especially loanees, are like jockeys. They'll hop on the best horse offered to them. As soon as Argyle flunked, it was obvious the Blackburn jockey was off. Argyle have all the allure of an old nag pulling a cartload of debt. Mind you, were not talking champion jockeys here. Oconnor is not the best player on two legs and it all reminds me of Mighty mouse Alan Judge, another Blackburn reject having to get used to the fact they're no good. I expect Oconnor's career to follow that of Judge.
It would be nice if the club were more open, but they're not, and that's that. Still, Jimmy is certainly being transparent in himself. I can see right through him.

Didn't think Judge was that bad in all fairness, one of the better loans that Sturrock brought in during his second spell and he did play 40 games for Brentford last season when they reached the play offs in the second division. Agree with your point about players getting the best deal available though-Argyle were never going to sign O'Connor if someone at higher status and offering better money came in-so sad that Argyle are now being outmuscled by clubs like Burton but that seems to be the likely scenario for the foreseeable future under this regime-you didn't have to read very far between the lines to know that Adams was not enamoured with the money allocated when he talked of "being creative" after completing his hand of permanent signings.
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Players in vs Players out    Players in vs Players out  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 6:06 pm

More players out than in...in out in out jimmy shakes it all about..he does just enough to keep us in L2 and thats what its all about...Oh the Hokey Cokey.....
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Players in vs Players out    Players in vs Players out  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 7:03 pm

Argyle to get nominal compensation after Anthony O'Connor completes Burton move
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Players in vs Players out    Players in vs Players out  - Page 2 EmptyMon Jul 20, 2015 10:57 pm

Tgwu wrote:

Not much at all though given he was only here for 6 months and out of contract
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Players in vs Players out    Players in vs Players out  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 6:08 am

Angry wrote:
Tgwu wrote:

Not much at all though given he was only here for 6 months and out of contract

Might cover a pot of paint
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Players in vs Players out    Players in vs Players out  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 21, 2015 10:49 am

Compo straight in brents penision fund..never to be seen again..more like
Lets have it right the midfield is still piss weak which is a concern all it takes is a few injures & were up manure creek..certainly without a paddle..and will that fine gentlemen use that compo towards bringing another midfielder in now..well dont hold your breath on that one
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Players in vs Players out    Players in vs Players out  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 3:48 pm

BBC Sport web site. 22 July 2015

Plymouth Argyle target Premier League loan players

Plymouth Argyle manager Derek Adams is hopeful he can loan in players from Premier League clubs this season.
Adams has made five new permanent signings since taking over at Home Park earlier this summer but says he will not make more permanent additions.
"We're trying to work with the Premier League clubs," Adams told BBC Sport.
"They want to have a look at them in action and try to get them to the best possible club they can do to give them game time."
It is is expected that Adams will try to bolster his midfield as he prepares for his maiden campaign at Home Park.
"Over the next week, two weeks, three weeks, we'll try to get some loan players in," said the former Ross County manager.
"We're working alongside them [Premier League clubs] and trying to get a player in that can help boost our squad.
"At this moment in time it is the Premier League, there are a number in the Championship as well, but we'll get there and we'll get those signings in eventually.
"I have very good links with a lot of the clubs down here and we've got good options.
"There's going to be plenty of loan players available, it's just trying to get the ones that will fit into our style of play
Back to top Go down
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Players in vs Players out    Players in vs Players out  - Page 2 EmptyWed Jul 22, 2015 6:35 pm

The jervis boy iam keen to see play old style big CF that scores..so it seems
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Players in vs Players out    Players in vs Players out  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 12:22 am

Greenskin wrote:
John Hawkins wrote:

Didn't think Judge was that bad in all fairness, one of the better loans that Sturrock brought in during his second spell and he did play 40 games for Brentford last season when they reached the play offs in the second division. Agree with your point about players getting the best deal available though-Argyle were never going to sign O'Connor if someone at higher status and offering better money came in-so sad that Argyle are now being outmuscled by clubs like Burton but that seems to be the likely scenario for the foreseeable future under this regime-you didn't have to read very far between the lines to know that Adams was not enamoured with the money allocated when he talked of "being creative" after completing his hand of permanent signings.

Judge wasn't a bad player at all - my favourite player infact of that depressing era (after Paul Gallagher left).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Players in vs Players out    Players in vs Players out  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 23, 2015 12:25 am

Actually I liked Bhasera too (and this is before he absconded with the Pasoti player of the year trophy).

The club hould have cast a bronze statue of that man in hindsight. A mural at least?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Players in vs Players out    Players in vs Players out  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Players in vs Players out
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2