Sir Francis Drake
Elias
SwimWithTheTide
Tgwu
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Tyler Harvey back up front  Empty
PostSubject: Tyler Harvey back up front    Tyler Harvey back up front  EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 6:56 pm

TYLER HARVEY believes there is more positivity around Plymouth Argyle following the appointment of Derek Adams as manager.

The talented 20-year-old striker is also pleased to be getting the chance to play as a striker under Adams, after previous boss John Sheridan switched him to central midfield.

Harvey wants to move on from a 'frustrating' 2014/15 season for him when he made only five starts for the Pilgrims and did not even make the matchday squad at times.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quotes Tyler

Darren Purse –  ‏@darrenpurse

@ChrisErrington1 Don't know why @tylerharvey_ was ever played in midfield. The lad is a goal scorer. He will get goals if given a run

31m31
Chris Errington ‏@ChrisErrington1
@darrenpurse @tylerharvey_ I think a lot of Argyle fans would agree with you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Harvey back up front    Tyler Harvey back up front  EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 8:13 pm

Tgwu wrote:
TYLER HARVEY believes there is more positivity around Plymouth Argyle following the appointment of Derek Adams as manager.

The talented 20-year-old striker is also pleased to be getting the chance to play as a striker under Adams, after previous boss John Sheridan switched him to central midfield.

Harvey wants to move on from a 'frustrating' 2014/15 season for him when he made only five starts for the Pilgrims and did not even make the matchday squad at times.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Quotes Tyler

Darren Purse –  ‏@darrenpurse

@ChrisErrington1 Don't know why @tylerharvey_ was ever played in midfield. The lad is a goal scorer. He will get goals if given a run

31m31
Chris Errington ‏@ChrisErrington1
@darrenpurse @tylerharvey_ I think a lot of Argyle fans would agree with you.

Who is Darren Purse?

Time for Tyler to finally put up or shut up now about this overused word "potential" he actually needs to start producing when he has opportunities make the manager take notice of you make him take a chance rather than moan about it. This is a cut throat business at the end of the day.

Chris Errington needs to get over this obsession with taking digs at sheridan its getting tedious now even for a two bit local rag reporter.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Harvey back up front    Tyler Harvey back up front  EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 8:18 pm

Tyler is still only 20, he's got another couple of years to prove himself. But it does sound as if he could have a real opportunity this season, which is great - I personally think we've got a great young talent here. I don't blame Sheridan for using him sparingly, at 18/19 it'd be harsh to put too much reliance on him - last season was fairly shambolic with the way he was treated however.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Harvey back up front    Tyler Harvey back up front  EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 8:52 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Tyler is still only 20, he's got another couple of years to prove himself. But it does sound as if he could have a real opportunity this season, which is great - I personally think we've got a great young talent here. I don't blame Sheridan for using him sparingly, at 18/19 it'd be harsh to put too much reliance on him - last season was fairly shambolic with the way he was treated however.

Sheridan gave him contracts so he obviously saw his potential but he doesnt mean he deserves anything in the team if he isnt prepared to work for it or take his opportunities when presented with both hands no matter if its a game or a cameo appearances as i say this is a cut throat business. He has 5 other strikers to contend with up front 4 taking into account smalley is out till christmas so he really needs to step up now and produce this season even if means playing in the midfield for game time.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Harvey back up front    Tyler Harvey back up front  EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 8:58 pm

Bet he wont play more than 15 times next season.

Errington a clown who followed club line when questions needed asking circa 2008 onwards.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Harvey back up front    Tyler Harvey back up front  EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 9:21 pm

To be fair to Sheridan, in the few appearances Harvey made up front he looked lightweight, foppish and ineffective.
Sheridan was severely under pressure to get the right results so he was hardly going to gamble his job away on some lad who scored a goal against Torquay ffs. I think he brought him on against Northampton when 3-0 up and we nearly lost the bloody game.
I hope he can produce the goods but my gut feeling is that he will go the same way as Mat Lecointe.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Harvey back up front    Tyler Harvey back up front  EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 1:45 am

Lecointe hardly failed due to a lack of ability, did he?

Let's be fair to the lad: he was desperately unlucky to get an injury that has ended many careers.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
RegGreen

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Harvey back up front    Tyler Harvey back up front  EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 6:10 am

Never been a fan of the kid if iam honest
Think its just him being local/janner..that he gets bigged up by some
Was useless in midfield were can all agree on that ..but when he has played up front his performances have be just as dull except that one game v torquay
Plus mite have a bit of a attidude problem as well..watched him a lot warming up at HT at games..but just seems to be playing & messing about instead of warming up..could well be like that in proper training if so now we now why shezza left him out..maybe
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Harvey back up front    Tyler Harvey back up front  EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 10:20 am

RegGreen wrote:
Never been a fan of the kid if iam honest
Think its just him being local/janner..that he gets bigged up by some
Was useless in midfield were can all agree on that ..but when he has played up front his performances have be just as dull except that one game v torquay
Plus mite have a bit of a attidude problem as well..watched him a lot warming up at HT at games..but just seems to be playing & messing about instead of warming up..could well be like that in proper training if so now we now why shezza left him out..maybe

I have to admit i am yet to see anything of merit to warrant the hype surrounding Harvey.
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Harvey back up front    Tyler Harvey back up front  EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 11:46 am

He's obviously got talent but has yet to produce displays consistently. Don't have a problem with him being played in midfield, it hopefully will have given him a different perspective on the game, seeing it in front of him rather than facing and turning.

He is a striker though, the monumental football brain that is Errington, is correct. Hopefully he'll get more opportunities to impress this season. If he doesn't he'll probably end up at Torquay.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Harvey back up front    Tyler Harvey back up front  EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 12:42 pm

There's not even a massive amount of hype with him, just a few cheerleaders over on the Farm.

If his quality was obvious, then he'd have been snapped up by bigger clubs. The fact that he hasn't set the world alight both here, and out on loan, suggests that he is very much nothing more than a division 4 'possible'. Tbh, looking at the other strikers on the books, I'm sceptical he'll get a run of games unless he moves up about three gears and forces Adams to take notice.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Harvey back up front    Tyler Harvey back up front  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 8:25 am

Sheridan wanted to convert Harvey to an attacking midfield player, but also wanted instant results in that transformation. To be fair, he got an instant result with a phenomenal MotM display against Exeter - he run riot that day. But make no mistake, he was shite in the follow up match against Graham "he tried to kill me" Westley's Stevenage. After that, he barely featured. Now I'm sorry, that's hardly giving the kid a chance. One poor performance and he's blacklist from the starting 11? Yet others regularly held down starting spots despite inconsistent performances, Holmes-Dennis notably. Harvey can't expect the team to be built around him and start every match, but he deserves greater opportunity than limited injury time substitute run outs. Far from the finished product, but'll never get there if tossed aside in favour of the inconsistent youngsters on loan from other clubs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Harvey back up front    Tyler Harvey back up front  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 9:13 am

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Sheridan wanted to convert Harvey to an attacking midfield player, but also wanted instant results in that transformation. To be fair, he got an instant result with a phenomenal MotM display against Exeter - he run riot that day. But make no mistake, he was shite in the follow up match against Graham "he tried to kill me" Westley's Stevenage. After that, he barely featured. Now I'm sorry, that's hardly giving the kid a chance. One poor performance and he's blacklist from the starting 11? Yet others regularly held down starting spots despite inconsistent performances, Holmes-Dennis notably. Harvey can't expect the team to be built around him and start every match, but he deserves greater opportunity than limited injury time substitute run outs. Far from the finished product, but'll never get there if tossed aside in favour of the inconsistent youngsters on loan from other clubs.

Harvey wouldnt have broken into that preferred starting 11 last season under any manager i doubt he will this season either
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Harvey back up front    Tyler Harvey back up front  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 11:45 am

Angry wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:

Harvey wouldnt have broken into that preferred starting 11 last season under any manager i doubt he will this season either

Was he worse in midfield than Blizzard? Not really, his worst performance against Stevenage was still probably a bit better than most of Doms. And his best against Exeter was better than Doms best against........... erm..... Luton I guess? I mean, he scored a cracking goal that day but he was fairly useless leading up to it. We'll see how he does next season, maybe he'll do bugger all. Who knows. All I saw was a kid get unjustly ousted from the side, while others were given consistent backing. Seemed harsh to me.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Harvey back up front    Tyler Harvey back up front  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 12:41 pm

Perhaps his attitude stank and he did fuckall in training ?
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Harvey back up front    Tyler Harvey back up front  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:50 pm

Czarcasm wrote:

Absolutely, what the fans see on the pitch is a fraction of what goes on at the club and can't alone be used to justify a starting position, stick to BB SWTT.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Harvey back up front    Tyler Harvey back up front  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 2:26 pm

SwimWithTheTide wrote:
Angry wrote:
SwimWithTheTide wrote:

Was he worse in midfield than Blizzard? Not really, his worst performance against Stevenage was still probably a bit better than most of Doms. And his best against Exeter was better than Doms best against........... erm..... Luton I guess? I mean, he scored a cracking goal that day but he was fairly useless leading up to it. We'll see how he does next season, maybe he'll do bugger all. Who knows. All I saw was a kid get unjustly ousted from the side, while others were given consistent backing. Seemed harsh to me.

Was Blizzard first choice when everyone was fit? i dont think he was.

Czarcasm said it best
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Harvey back up front    Tyler Harvey back up front  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 3:32 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:

Absolutely, what the fans see on the pitch is a fraction of what goes on at the club and can't alone be used to justify a starting position, stick to BB SWTT.

Sure, but that's just speculation ain't it. Maybe he kept tripping over the balls in training, maybe he caught Shez in the gonads one day and made Shez cry, maybe he was a petulant arsehole. Who feckin knows. What I do know is he put a good performance in against Exeter and kept his spot in the team. He then put in a poor performance against Stevenage and never made the starting line up again. Now I might stand alone, but I just reflect on last season and see it as a tad harsh on Harvey. That's all. No Brent flag waving, no cries of Shez is the devil, no sipping tea from Pasoti mugs while wearing the collar up on my polo, just a football fan giving his opinion.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tyler Harvey back up front    Tyler Harvey back up front  Empty

Back to top Go down

Tyler Harvey back up front
Page 1 of 1