gasser9
seadog
Josh Pope
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Josh Pope

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptyFri May 15, 2015 11:37 pm

Just wanted a seperate thread to note to someone who's gone under the radar today. Paul Wotton has now officially retired from football after 565 career caps, and 491 of those with Plymouth Argyle.

We've known it's been coming of course but just wanted a seperate thread to pay tribute to one of Plymouth Argyle's longest serving footballers.

Regardless of what happenes next or however many thugs he's bottled in my eyes, in the shape of a player, he'll always be an Argyle legend. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptySat May 16, 2015 5:10 am

A fine servant of the club.
Back to top Go down
gasser9

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptySat May 16, 2015 10:35 am

A talisman for Argyle over the years and a classic example of what hard work, enthusiasm can do for you. Well done Paul you have made a mould for any youngster who wants to aspire to become a professional footballer.
Back to top Go down

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptySat May 16, 2015 10:53 am

not a fan of the man personally at all but he deserves credit for the career he has had.

Last edited by Mr. President Angry on Sat May 16, 2015 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : edited the word previously used due to being ott.)
Back to top Go down

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptySat May 16, 2015 11:28 am

Mr. President Angry wrote:
cnut of a human being but he deserves credit for the career he has had.

What a ridiculous comment. He may not be everyone's cup of tea but I think to describe him as a cnut of a human being is nonsense.
Back to top Go down

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptySat May 16, 2015 11:30 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:

What a ridiculous comment. He may not be everyone's cup of tea but I think to describe him as a cnut of a human  being is nonsense.

i've meet him its my opinion of the guy whether people like it or not. Most of you guys never meet nool yet refer to him as one.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptySat May 16, 2015 11:34 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:

What a ridiculous comment. He may not be everyone's cup of tea but I think to describe him as a cnut of a human  being is nonsense.

i've meet him its my opinion of the guy whether people like it or not. Most of you guys never meet nool yet refer to him as one.

How many times have you met Paul Wotton?
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptySat May 16, 2015 11:36 am

Thanks for everything Paul.

I'll never forget the home game against Barnsley in 2008 when he came back from his injury (the same game that Mackie made his debut). The reception he received brought a lump to the throat.
Back to top Go down

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptySat May 16, 2015 11:40 am

Frank Bullitt wrote:

I have known Paul Wotton since we were both about 13 or 14 years old. I have met Nool and spoken to him countless times (but I don't think I have ever described him in those terms).

Your opinion is your opinion. It's not fact even if you think you know more about everything then anyone.
Back to top Go down

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptySat May 16, 2015 12:01 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

I have known Paul Wotton since we were both about 13 or 14 years old. I have met Nool and spoken to him countless times (but I don't think I have ever described him in those terms).

Your opinion is your opinion. It's not fact even if you think you know more about everything then anyone.

I respect what has done in his playing career and what he has achieved in it and thank him for his efforts for Argyle in both spells. He is rightly regarded as an Argyle great and its a shame he didnt get a cameo last season so he could make 2nd highest appearance of all time position his own and not remain joint 2nd with sammy black.

Im not changing my opinion of him personally no matter how offended some get as i say i have meet him a few times i dont care for him at all. Others may like him thats fine with me.

Also im not going to taint this thread anymore then i have as its a tribute to a career thread not a character one. espite my views on him personally it doesnt blinker my view of him professionally.

Last edited by Mr. President Angry on Sat May 16, 2015 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptySat May 16, 2015 12:25 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

I respect what has done in his playing career and what he has achieved in it and thank him for his efforts for Argyle in both spells.

Im not changing my opinion of him personally no matter how offended some get as i say i have meet him a few times i dont care for him at all.

Also im not going to taint this thread anymore then i have as its a tribute to a career thread not a character one.

You wheel out this shite excuse every time you have your ass handed to you on a plate. You are becoming the most divisive member of this forum. Please set fire to yourself with immediate effect.

PS: Thank you PW for your time served. A green through-and-through, albeit with faults - but hey, haven't we all got our downsides. Enjoy your retirement, and ignore Angry (Hairy J) - he's a cock.
Back to top Go down

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptySat May 16, 2015 12:31 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

I respect what has done in his playing career and what he has achieved in it and thank him for his efforts for Argyle in both spells.

Im not changing my opinion of him personally no matter how offended some get as i say i have meet him a few times i dont care for him at all.

Also im not going to taint this thread anymore then i have as its a tribute to a career thread not a character one.

You wheel out this shite excuse every time you have your ass handed to you on a plate. You are becoming the most divisive member of this forum. Please set fire to yourself with immediate effect.

PS: Thank you PW for your time served. A green through-and-through, albeit with faults - but hey, haven't we all got our downsides. Enjoy your retirement, and ignore Angry (Hairy J) - he's a cock.

POI will you get the hint that when your blocked by someone on here and know it to keep replying to every post is a little creepy if not possive. Having seen a picture of you on here your an ugly fecker so you and i can never workout xxx

ps showing your true class with the fire comment.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptySat May 16, 2015 1:02 pm

Wotton was an excellent player for Argyle no doubt about that, but i hope his reputation is not tarnished by becoming Jimmy's cheap option for manager if Shez goes.
Back to top Go down

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptySat May 16, 2015 1:03 pm

Club legend.

Wotton for president.
Back to top Go down

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptySat May 16, 2015 2:33 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:
Frank Bullitt wrote:

POI will you get the hint that when your blocked by someone on here and know it to keep replying to every post is a little creepy if not possive. Having seen a picture of you on here your an ugly fecker so you and i can never workout xxx

ps showing your true class with the fire comment.

Oooooooh, you saw a picture of me! Ooooooooh. At least you'll know what I look like when I bump into you!  Wink  Wink  Wink  laugh I thought I was on your ignore list? Why aren't you ignoring me?  laugh

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]" />

Anyway, fellow posters, apologies for this rubbish. Angry, apologise to the forum you shit chewing swamp rat. We're ruining a thread.

Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptySat May 16, 2015 3:32 pm

Legend its a sad day, Captain of a team of legends back in the day Laurieu, Coughlan, Friio, Evans.
No ones come close to wotton yet,
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptySat May 16, 2015 3:44 pm

A great servant to the club. Was never the most talented player at the club but always gave his all & made sure others gave there all too.
If some of our players of the last few seasons had put in anywhere near the effort Wotton gave we would be a League One club now.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptySun May 17, 2015 3:11 am

Read page 90 of his book......
Back to top Go down

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptySun May 17, 2015 7:04 am

Elias wrote:
Read page 90 of his book......

What does it say, Elias?
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptySun May 17, 2015 9:24 am

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Wotton was an excellent player for Argyle no doubt about that, but i hope his reputation is not tarnished by becoming Jimmy's cheap option for manager if Shez goes.

Frame it..... I fully agree.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires EmptySun May 17, 2015 12:22 pm

Football is a brutal profession. Players come and go with alarming regularity. It says something for that player when a succession of different managers all offer him a contract renewal when the time comes.

Wotton has had his contract renewed here, or at least not been released, by Warnock, Jones, Hodges, Sturrock, Williamson, Pulis, Holloway, Fletcher and Sheridan. Along the way he has made the very most of the ability he has.

He's right up there with any or all of the club legends so far as I am concerned.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

Wotton Retires Empty
PostSubject: Re: Wotton Retires   Wotton Retires Empty

Back to top Go down

Wotton Retires
Page 1 of 1