VillageGreen
Hitch
Josh Pope
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Josh Pope

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySat May 09, 2015 10:41 am

Created a new thread for this cause otherwuse it all gets jumbled up in the other bits.

So, Miliband, Clegg and Farage have all stood down.

Next party leaders then? What do we think?

I'll take a punt at Andy Burnham, Tim Farron and Suzanne Evans.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySat May 09, 2015 10:48 am

Dan Jarvis, Tim Farron and Farage will more than likely stand again in September.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySat May 09, 2015 11:16 am

Some are saying that the wife of Ed Balls [Yvette Cooper] could be new leader of Labour.
Back to top Go down

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySat May 09, 2015 11:25 am

Andy Burnham would be my choice for Labour. From a football fan's point of view he deserves enormous credit for the work and support he's given to the relatives of the Hillsborough victims' families.

UKIP? They had their high-water mark in last year's Euros. Watch them descend into far-right irrelevance from here-on in; and when the EU referendum delivers the 'Stay In' result? That'll be them finished.

Lib Dems? They haven't got enough MP's for their to be a reasonable choice. They're another party heading for oblivion. All that their leadership contest will decide is who gets to drive the bus off the cliff.
Back to top Go down

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySat May 09, 2015 11:29 am

labour that black fella name escapes me but you know the on im on about always on the tele he will probably get the job

lib dem no one cares about them and the election proved as much

ukip i can see them electing a new leader other than farage to try and move on to the next level other than the one he helped take them too
Back to top Go down

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySat May 09, 2015 11:40 am

Labour Russell Brand, Liberals Ricky Gervaise and UKIP Al Murray, keeping up with the comedy theme that politics seems to employ nowadays.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySat May 09, 2015 11:50 am

The Lib Dems aren't finished, I'd argue that they need a mass regrouping.

UKIP are also not finished.

Both parties have a lot of areas where they finished second place now, meaning if they can both sort themselves out (which after 5 years of opposition shouldn't be too hard) then they'll both gain a lot more seats at the next election.

Mind you, we need a more democratic voting system. Between the 3 of UKIP, Lib Dems and Greens they polled about 7 and a half million votes.. 37% of people voted for the current government, which is absolutely ridiculous. These results however suggest that the smaller parties are anything but finished.
Back to top Go down

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySat May 09, 2015 12:32 pm

Trouble is with uk politics today made up by Tories v all the others what hope is there for all the others? The left has fractured our only hope is for a proper leader who can inspire surfacing frm the Labour ranks or blue Britain is the future.
Back to top Go down

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySat May 09, 2015 12:37 pm

Paven wrote:

Both parties have a lot of areas where they finished second place now, meaning if they can both sort themselves out (which after 5 years of opposition shouldn't be too hard) then they'll both gain a lot more seats at the next election.

Mind you, we need a more democratic voting system. Between the 3 of UKIP, Lib Dems and Greens they polled about 7 and a half million votes.. 37% of people voted for the current government, which is absolutely ridiculous. These results however suggest that the smaller parties are anything but finished.

UKIP are certainly not finished and with 4million votes they can only grow if they get the right sort of leader/ Lib Dems will struggle to come back from this hammering sure they may get some more mps at the next general election but they will struggle to get to the heights they reached under kennedy and clegg in the heyday
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySat May 09, 2015 1:18 pm

Burnham a prat would never get my vote !
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySat May 09, 2015 1:20 pm

Paven wrote:

Oh the naiviety of youth !'
You ll learn in time matey.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySat May 09, 2015 1:22 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Some are saying that the wife of Ed Balls [Yvette Cooper] could be new leader of Labour.

Good shout 7/2
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySat May 09, 2015 1:22 pm

Fully grown man in condescending of youth shocker.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySat May 09, 2015 2:07 pm

Elias wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Good shout 7/2

I might stick a tenner on YC getting the job.

The Lib Dems will have to pick someone who can reignite the fortunes of the party, to try and convince the voting public that they can be trusted.

Some Lib Dem policies were introduced during the coalition, so that should not be forgotten..

As for UKIP, Suzanne Evans has been mentioned a fair bit.

Then there is Paul Nuttall, he might have a chance.
Back to top Go down

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySat May 09, 2015 3:07 pm

VillageGreen wrote:
Elias wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

Good shout 7/2

I might stick a tenner on YC getting the job.

The Lib Dems will have to pick someone who can reignite the fortunes of the party, to try and convince the voting public that they can be trusted.

Some Lib Dem policies were introduced during the coalition, so that should not be forgotten..

As for UKIP, Suzanne Evans has been mentioned a fair bit.

Then there is Paul Nuttall, he might have a chance.

she wont get she wont win the public over as a credible leader. Burnham could, chuka could too.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySat May 09, 2015 4:06 pm

New Lib Dem members tops 3000 now.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySat May 09, 2015 4:49 pm

Ummuna for Labour and Farron for the Lib Dems.

I wouldn't say the Lib Dems are finished at all. Especially down here they're the main opposition for the Tories. Everyone who supported the coalition voted Tory, and everyone who didn't defected to Labour or Ukip (or didn't vote at all). They've still got a good activist base - it'll look much healthier after 2020.
Back to top Go down

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySat May 09, 2015 7:21 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:

I wouldn't say the Lib Dems are finished at all. Especially down here they're the main opposition for the Tories.  Everyone who supported the coalition voted Tory, and everyone who didn't defected to Labour or Ukip (or didn't vote at all). They've still got a good activist base - it'll look much healthier after 2020.

they arent coming back in a hurry.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySun May 10, 2015 10:54 am

Cornish Chris wrote:

I wouldn't say the Lib Dems are finished at all. Especially down here they're the main opposition for the Tories.  Everyone who supported the coalition voted Tory, and everyone who didn't defected to Labour or Ukip (or didn't vote at all). They've still got a good activist base - it'll look much healthier after 2020.

Yep, over 5000 new members since polling closed now.
Back to top Go down

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySun May 10, 2015 11:00 am

Paven wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

there is always a perk before the death
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySun May 10, 2015 12:43 pm

Angry wrote:
Paven wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

there is always a perk before the death

This death has been going on for over 100 years up to now..... tumbleweed .
Back to top Go down

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySun May 10, 2015 4:35 pm

Paven wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but -

a) That's about 8 new members per constituency
b) All Parties see their membership grow during an election
c) All the members in the world won't deflect from the fact that by supping with the Devil, the Lib Dems now have 8 MP's
d) Paddy Ashdown promised to eat his hat if the exit poll was proved correct. Any news on when that's going to happen?
Back to top Go down

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySun May 10, 2015 4:43 pm

Homeslice wrote:
Paven wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

I hate to be the one to break this to you, but -

a) That's about 8 new members per constituency
b) All Parties see their membership grow during an election
c) All the members in the world won't deflect from the fact that by supping with the Devil, the Lib Dems now have 8 MP's
d) Paddy Ashdown promised to eat his hat if the exit poll was proved correct. Any news on when that's going to happen?

i want that hat eaten lord ashdown
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySun May 10, 2015 4:59 pm

Elias wrote:
Paven wrote:

On another note the Tories won 36.9% of the votes and the turnout was around 66.1% of the electorate meaning that only 24.4% of the country's voters chose this government - as opposed to the 75.6% who rejected it.

It actually fails to meet the "majority" mandate it itself sets for what consititutes a legitimate strike when a union polls its members.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders EmptySun May 10, 2015 5:27 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Elias wrote:
Paven wrote:

On another note the Tories won 36.9% of the votes and the turnout was around 66.1% of the electorate meaning that only 24.4% of the country's voters chose this government - as opposed to the 75.6% who rejected it.

It actually fails to meet the "majority" mandate it itself sets for what consititutes a legitimate strike when a union polls its members.

that argument doesnt warrant any credibility when it could be used against any party who won the election. 4million voted for UKIP yet where is the outrage they dont have more MPS despite them only actually winning on vote.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Next Party Leaders Empty
PostSubject: Re: Next Party Leaders   Next Party Leaders Empty

Back to top Go down

Next Party Leaders
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next