The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

8th January 2003.....(a little hope?)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GreenMill

8th January 2003.....(a little hope?) Empty
PostSubject: 8th January 2003.....(a little hope?)   8th January 2003.....(a little hope?) EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 11:48 am

Swansea City were 92nd.

Bottom of the fourth tier (known as Division 3 then) 4 points from safety.

Relatively recently out of a disastrous off-pitch ownership struggle.

They stayed up on the very last day of the season (sending Exeter down instead).

9 years on and they are sitting pretty in the Premiership.

It's true that in the last 10 years, they are one of only three clubs to be bottom at this time of the year and subsequently escape (Barnet and Stockport being the others) and that they are the only one that has subsequently enjoyed such success.

But after another desperately disappointing result and with a grim set of fixtures in January to come, I take comfort in such stories...

I stick to my prediction that we will stay up - by the skin of our teeth! cheers
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: 8th January 2003.....(a little hope?)   8th January 2003.....(a little hope?) EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:23 pm

I believe it was true of Brighton and Burnley too-they both had to win their respective last matches of the season to stay in the football league,did so and made progress from there,albeit not as quickly as Swansea.Hopefully we can also escape by t'cheese on us foreskins,as they say in 'arrogate and perform similar deeds.Can't help but think that what happens off the field in January is the key to everything,though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8th January 2003.....(a little hope?)   8th January 2003.....(a little hope?) EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:26 pm

Sorry to rain on your parade, but don't they have an awfully big pile of money too?

All we have is a box of dolls eyes and shirt buttons and possibly a discount card for a certain hotel group.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8th January 2003.....(a little hope?)   8th January 2003.....(a little hope?) EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:38 pm

And a Simon Walton signed shirt no-one has bid on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8th January 2003.....(a little hope?)   8th January 2003.....(a little hope?) EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:43 pm

greenjock wrote:
And a Simon Walton signed shirt no-one has bid on.

Hmm, I need a new polishing cloth for the car.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 8th January 2003.....(a little hope?)   8th January 2003.....(a little hope?) EmptySun Jan 08, 2012 12:56 pm

they had ambitious owners and managers who strived for the best...

i fail too see how we can be the next Swansea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 8th January 2003.....(a little hope?)   8th January 2003.....(a little hope?) Empty

Back to top Go down

8th January 2003.....(a little hope?)
Page 1 of 1