akagreengull
Richard Blight
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Imagine! Empty
PostSubject: Imagine!   Imagine! EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 8:09 pm

Argyle finish 6th and Exeter finish 7th. Both win the play off semi's and meet at Wembley!

Exeter fans are already considering this scenario. One mentioned it to me today. He was quite concerned about how the police would cope with both sets of fans using the same trains. I didn't think there would be a problem considering there would be 4 of us for every one of them.

He thought it would be an 80,000 sell out. I wasn't convinced we could sell 70,000 tickets. lol!
Back to top Go down
akagreengull
Admin
akagreengull

Imagine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine!   Imagine! EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 9:48 pm

Whatever! we have to get there yet for that scenario to be realised.
Back to top Go down

Imagine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine!   Imagine! EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 9:58 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Argyle finish 6th and Exeter finish 7th. Both win the play off semi's and meet at Wembley!

Exeter fans are already considering this scenario. One mentioned it to me today. He was quite concerned about how the police would cope with both sets of fans using the same trains. I didn't think there would be a problem considering there would be 4 of us for every one of them.

He thought it would be an 80,000 sell out. I wasn't convinced we could sell 70,000 tickets. lol!

Ummmmm, rubs chin!!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Imagine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine!   Imagine! EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 10:28 pm

Richard Blight wrote:

laugh Not bad Mr Blight. Didn't I read somewhere that the KO time means real snags with train times back to West Country IF we get to Wembury. Coaches? Even 15K by coach = 250 charabancs all going past Excretia. Handbags
Back to top Go down
steveinspain

steveinspain

Imagine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine!   Imagine! EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 10:47 pm

I can imagine Exeter winning the play offs and us finishing in 10th place.
We've been using up all our get out of jail free cards. Another loss we can be 4 points adrift, then it's all over.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

Imagine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine!   Imagine! EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 10:52 pm

Imagine getting there and then losing.............................Sad Embarassed Crying or Very sad

I'd have to change jobs!
Back to top Go down

Imagine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine!   Imagine! EmptyWed Apr 08, 2015 11:42 pm

Said before, got a stag weekend the same Saturday the final is played in Magaluf with up to 18 Plympton younguns - bet we drink more than you lot!! Please don't make it Argyle, of course I lie!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Imagine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine!   Imagine! EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 12:07 am

Imagine.If The Gas beat you a few years back you'd out the league.I wish
Back to top Go down

Imagine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine!   Imagine! EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 12:51 am

Let's try to imagine Argyle playing well enough to finish in the playoffs first.

I think that has exhausted all the credible imagination I have in me for one day. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

Imagine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine!   Imagine! EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 9:03 pm

Richard Blight wrote:

nope you would take your normal 6.5K, we would take our normal 3.5-4K and then there would be 35K dry weather/woodwork fans

or people supporting the football in the west country

4-1 dont make me laugh, same league doing well (in janner terms) and still not getting twice the number through the gates as we get, yet we seem to be there or there abouts :p
Back to top Go down
X Isle

X Isle

Imagine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine!   Imagine! EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 9:35 pm

ejh wrote:
Let's try to imagine Argyle playing well enough to finish in the playoffs first.

I think that has exhausted all the credible imagination I have in me for one day. Sleep

Yuuup
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

Imagine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine!   Imagine! EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 10:08 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Out of the league? Dunno what that means? Have you been there? Oh ... of course you have. Whats it like? laugh
Back to top Go down
Motorservices

Imagine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine!   Imagine! EmptyThu Apr 09, 2015 10:47 pm

tigertony wrote:
downthetrack wrote:
Out of the league? Dunno what that means? Have you been there? Oh ... of course you have. Whats it like? laugh

It was great, we were (at the time) the biggest club down there, at some grounds we out numbered home fans 4-1 (FGR) some of the grounds were really old school instead of the soul less shite horse shoes used nowadays

Best away game i went to was either St albans 2-1 win in the wettest ever day in my life or Oxford away PO semi, making it to the brand new wembley was a perfect night, Stanno scored and the away end went mental

6K in for a game against Grays, life was good and everything God (tissa) touched turned to gold......

Problem is due to so many years of great football and results its normal for the fan base to expect it to continue, thats why some are so pissed that we are in the basement having to play (and lose) to some of the worst teams on the planet, if we go up this season then we will be back were we should be and can press on :p
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

Imagine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine!   Imagine! EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 12:27 am

Richard Blight wrote:

A sell out is 90,000 at the New Wemberley, but you wouldn't know that never having been there.

It would certainly be a fun day out were it to come to pass though I doubt the record crowd for the fixture would be threatened, the FA have gone bat shit with the prices which discourages the day trippers.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Imagine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine!   Imagine! EmptyFri Apr 10, 2015 9:01 am

Bandwagon wrote:
Said before, got a stag weekend the same Saturday the final is played in Magaluf with up to 18 Plympton younguns - bet we drink more than you lot!! Please don't make it Argyle, of course I lie!!!!!!!

I was in the same boat last year. I had a long-standing work commitment in Stockholm on the weekend of the playoff final. I remember flying into Heathrow and going over Wembley while the game was in progress.

Luckily Argyle are shit so there were no worries there.
Back to top Go down

Imagine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine!   Imagine! EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 5:15 pm

Bandwagon wrote:

Been down to Plympton over the weekend and great news I hope - been told the stag weekend is actually 8th to 11th so Wembrey would be in the sights if we get there, you know what happens now!!
Back to top Go down
harvetheslayer

harvetheslayer

Location : Wormwood Scrubs awaiting the imminent arrival of Johnson..

Imagine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine!   Imagine! EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 5:58 pm

I'd imagine if we made the Final we'd sell in the region of 30,000 all up. What was the estimate of Argyle fans at the previous final in the 90's ?
Back to top Go down

Imagine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine!   Imagine! EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 9:00 pm

harvetheslayer wrote:
I'd imagine if we made the Final we'd sell in the region of 30,000 all up. What was the estimate of Argyle fans at the previous final in the 90's ?

GOS says 43431 and I seem to remember we had over 34k there
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

Imagine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine!   Imagine! EmptySun Apr 12, 2015 10:02 pm

Motorservices wrote:
tigertony wrote:
downthetrack wrote:

It was great, we were (at the time) the biggest club down there

Rubbish. Oxford United's average attendances never dropped much below 5,000 and they attracted five-figure crowds on a regular basis. When did City last do that? The likes of Shrewsbury, Hereford, York and Carlisle would all object to being described as smaller clubs than Exeter, too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Imagine! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Imagine!   Imagine! Empty

Back to top Go down

Imagine!
Page 1 of 1