Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

An Angry View of Burton game

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

An Angry View of Burton game  Empty
PostSubject: An Angry View of Burton game    An Angry View of Burton game  EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 7:15 pm

• Stole a point.
  • Played crap mostly.
  • Bobby Reid should be dropped regardless of his corner creating the goal and goal line clearance.
  • Playing long ball towards the wind is silly.
  • Pity game wasn't delayed so the Burton fans could watch from the off but never mind.  
  • Burton are a good side.
  • Strikers didn't do alot in 2nd half.
  • Defence were ok.
  • Midfield where shit.
  • Didn't see Burton goal as i was in the toilet so no idea how they scored but wasn't shocked they did.

overall glad we got a point from a game that looked all but set for a Burton win. Pompey on monday will be cruical. In closing whoever Rawleboy 12 is keep it calm next time.

Last edited by Angry on Fri Apr 03, 2015 9:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: An Angry View of Burton game    An Angry View of Burton game  EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 7:34 pm

Not a classic.

I don't think either goalie had a shot to stop. Luke stood no chance at all with a hopeful shot that took a huge defelection.

That said Burton shaded it throughout without being impressive. You can see why they are top: plenty of big fellas; well-organised; can play a bit; familiar with the dark arts of time-wasting when ahead etc. All that said they were hardly pleasing on the eye.

To be honest we never once looked like scoring and when McHugh did it was mchuge surprise.

Nothing in it, really, but they had the first goal and I am very, very happy with point.

Onward.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: An Angry View of Burton game    An Angry View of Burton game  EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 9:11 pm

A good point for both teams. For Burton, Argyle have a mean defence and dangerous home form, whereas for Argyle Burton are a top team - it is 1 point closer to the magic 72, and Argyle have avoided letting a top side chip away at our crucial GD advantage.

Not surprised either side played conservatively and settled for a point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Angry View of Burton game    An Angry View of Burton game  EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 9:12 pm

6 games to pick up 11 points. 3 at Fratton would be a massive start.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: An Angry View of Burton game    An Angry View of Burton game  EmptyFri Apr 03, 2015 9:31 pm

ejh wrote:
6 games to pick up 11 points. 3 at Fratton would be a massive start.
Yep. Apart from Shrewsbury our highest ranking opposition is 12th. Its in our hands and thats the important thing. Onwards
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: An Angry View of Burton game    An Angry View of Burton game  EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 10:15 am

Looking at the run in, I think Newport will drop more points than we will and Stevenage will pinch their spot. Famous last words.

I agree with Greenskin when he posted that avoiding Bury in the first game is essential. Hopefully they will displace Wycombe for top 3 as we have lot less to fear there.

Totally ours to throw away now. 3 points at Pompey has to be the ambition. No shite gutless football please Sheridan, let's go and take three much needed points.
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: An Angry View of Burton game    An Angry View of Burton game  EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 11:08 am

ejh wrote:
Looking at the run in, I think Newport will drop more points than we will and Stevenage will pinch their spot. Famous last words.

I agree with Greenskin when he posted that avoiding Bury in the first game is essential. Hopefully they will displace Wycombe for top 3 as we have lot less to fear there.

Totally ours to throw away now. 3 points at Pompey has to be the ambition. No shite gutless football please Sheridan players, let's go and take three much needed points.

Soooooooo close Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: An Angry View of Burton game    An Angry View of Burton game  EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 11:25 am

lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An Angry View of Burton game    An Angry View of Burton game  Empty

Back to top Go down

An Angry View of Burton game
Page 1 of 1