The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Merse

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Merse Empty
PostSubject: Merse   Merse EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:59 am

Oh f**kin' look out everyone, the newest member of this forum is the delightful 'Merse' (Torquay fan).
Now as total arseholes go, this guy is the best. His rantings on Pasoti last week were legendary. Never heard from the bloke before, then lo and behold lovely little Torquay go and do the double over us for the first time in three hundred years and he's right in there. Never mind the six hundred times we've beaten them before that.
Looking forward already to my many cyber scraps with him on here.
C'mon Merse, let's have it.
Back to top Go down

Merse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merse   Merse EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:09 am

You gotta let them have their moment in the sunshine occasionally. If you lived in Torquay, perpetually overrun by pensioners holiday coaches, amusement arcades and shops selling sticks of rock, you need at least one bright moment in your life Razz
Back to top Go down

Merse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merse   Merse EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:11 am

greenjock wrote:
You gotta let them have their moment in the sunshine occasionally. If you lived in Torquay, perpetually overrun by pensioners holiday coaches, amusement arcades and shops selling sticks of rock, you need at least one bright moment in your life Razz
Very Happy Too right. Torquay=Crapshack.
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Merse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merse   Merse EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:07 pm

Brett Reed wrote:
greenjock wrote:

Stuffed you lot twice Razz Razz Razz Razz
Back to top Go down

Merse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merse   Merse EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:15 pm

downthetrack wrote:
Brett Reed wrote:
greenjock wrote:

Stuffed you lot twice Razz Razz Razz Razz

And Bury and Milton Keynes both dicked your lot, and their till Crapshacks, which was the point.
Back to top Go down
merse

Merse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merse   Merse EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:11 pm

greenjock wrote:
If you lived in Torquay, perpetually overrun by pensioners holiday coaches, amusement arcades and shops selling sticks of rock, you need at least one bright moment in your life

Couldn't agree more jock ~ haven't lived down that way for over a quarter of a century Wink

My only purpose in going on PASOTI after waiting all that time was to have a pop back at that Idiot Janner Numpty Newell..............revenge is a meal best eaten cold eh?

Nobody realises how small a club Torquay United are more than Torquay United fans..........that's why we are delighted to turn over a club that fails to recognise how small they have become.

Last edited by merse on Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
downthetrack

downthetrack

Merse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merse   Merse EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 10:14 pm

Hi Merse,do you go opn exeweb .if you do whats your name on their ?
Back to top Go down
merse

Merse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merse   Merse EmptyMon Jan 09, 2012 11:35 pm

No reason to either read or post on exeweb and to be honest I only got to know of this thread "dedicated" to me on here because someone told me ~ otherwise I would never have looked on your "banter" board.

Not really into "banter" as it applies to the internet and only tempted onto Argyle sites in response to the ridiculous superiority complex of too many of your fans. I think you should do yourselves a favour and apply a lot of humility, after all you are supporting the very worst team in The Football League (I know how to recognise one, I have supported one on many occasions) and the likelihood is you will lose your Football League status at the end of the season.

What has happened to your club now is an absolute disgrace and no amount of Billy Big Bollocks will save you but only serve to alienate you from whatever league you find yourself in next season.

When that whistle blows it doesn't matter how many fans you have, how big your ground is or what city you come from; if you're crap you're crap. Your club has been "bought" by a carpet bagger who has yet to show the colour of his own money ~ if he is choosing to sit next to people like Ian Newell at matches then that says a lot for his ill judgement and naivity in football matters.

Yes I support Torquay United, have been a Gull for all of my 59 years, trained with the club as a youth and tried very hard for a professional contract but wasn't nearly good enough. Played against Argyle and later officiated them on The Western League, worked in professional football for 9 years and currently work long hours in a voluntary capacity in youth football in North London where I live.

You won't pull the wool over my eyes, your club is struggling and has been for a long time. In the days when you had gentlemen like Stafford and Brian Williams as directors you really were a club that was respected and accepted as something a bit special. Sadly nowadays you are just another club that has disgracefully ripped off small creditors to the tune of 0.077p in the £ ~ that stinks and your club's reputation has gone with it.

You have delusionists like Ian Newell who can seriously think they can go on other clubs websites and suggest they don't employ a certain player because of some misconduct whilst an Argyle player and after persistently gloating when that club lost their League status ~ a league status you are very close to losing yourselves.

I don't want to perpetuate a constant "banter" over this and will not ~ pop away to your hearts content if it gives you satisfaction and diverts your minds from the real problem in your football club, but if you are honest with yourselves for just a minute you will realise the reality .
Back to top Go down

Merse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merse   Merse EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:03 am

You're right.
Back to top Go down

Merse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merse   Merse EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 12:38 am

Yep, you're dead right Merse. The club has been sick for years. But we're not all Nools.
I have a soft spot for Toruay, but I have an excuse. I signed for them when I was younger and played a few times for your reserves.
Alan Brown was the manager at the time, impressed with me he was, and and I played with Mahoney in goal, a great keeper, and Cliff Jackson on the wing. You'll be old enough to remember those days. After Brown got the boot, I just didn't bother to turn up for the next pre season training .... they wanted me to live in digs with no front door key, and be in by 8pm Very Happy see ya.
And I didn't get on with one of your staff .... Mills I think he was called.
Back to top Go down
merse

Merse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merse   Merse EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:36 am

penzancepirate wrote:

And I didn't get on with one of your staff .... Mills I think he was called.

Don Mills was my mentor and hero and I played alongside him at Newton Spurs which was the "Junior/Feeder Club" for Torquay United ~ we trained at Plainmoor on Tuesday and Thursday evenings and the best of the bunch were then incorporated into the Torquay United Western League side. I thought Harry Topping and Jack Edwards were the hardest staff to please, real old school types!

Plymouth lads at the time would have been Dave Pook, Fred Binney, Johnny Hore's younger brother and a few others but it's all a VERY long time ago!

Maybe we trained/or played together at Spurs. PM me and let me know your name.
Back to top Go down

Merse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merse   Merse EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 7:55 am

I supported Torquay for about 3 matches before I started supporting Argyle, I may have continued but I got lonely!

As others have said, you are 100% right, Merse.

Has anyone *not* had problems with Mr Newell yet?
Back to top Go down

Merse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merse   Merse EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 8:51 am

Anyone that pisses Nool off and gets called a "silly silly man" is more than welcome on here!

Bet you were shaking in yer boots with that insult to!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Merse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merse   Merse EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 9:39 am

merse wrote:
No reason to either read or post on exeweb and to be honest I only got to know of this thread "dedicated" to me on here because someone told me ~ otherwise I would never have looked on your "banter" board.

Not really into "banter" as it applies to the internet and only tempted onto Argyle sites in response to the ridiculous superiority complex of too many of your fans. I think you should do yourselves a favour and apply a lot of humility, after all you are supporting the very worst team in The Football League (I know how to recognise one, I have supported one on many occasions) and the likelihood is you will lose your Football League status at the end of the season.

What has happened to your club now is an absolute disgrace and no amount of Billy Big Bollocks will save you but only serve to alienate you from whatever league you find yourself in next season.

When that whistle blows it doesn't matter how many fans you have, how big your ground is or what city you come from; if you're crap you're crap. Your club has been "bought" by a carpet bagger who has yet to show the colour of his own money ~ if he is choosing to sit next to people like Ian Newell at matches then that says a lot for his ill judgement and naivity in football matters.

Yes I support Torquay United, have been a Gull for all of my 59 years, trained with the club as a youth and tried very hard for a professional contract but wasn't nearly good enough. Played against Argyle and later officiated them on The Western League, worked in professional football for 9 years and currently work long hours in a voluntary capacity in youth football in North London where I live.

You won't pull the wool over my eyes, your club is struggling and has been for a long time. In the days when you had gentlemen like Stafford and Brian Williams as directors you really were a club that was respected and accepted as something a bit special. Sadly nowadays you are just another club that has disgracefully ripped off small creditors to the tune of 0.077p in the £ ~ that stinks and your club's reputation has gone with it.

You have delusionists like Ian Newell who can seriously think they can go on other clubs websites and suggest they don't employ a certain player because of some misconduct whilst an Argyle player and after persistently gloating when that club lost their League status ~ a league status you are very close to losing yourselves.

I don't want to perpetuate a constant "banter" over this and will not ~ pop away to your hearts content if it gives you satisfaction and diverts your minds from the real problem in your football club, but if you are honest with yourselves for just a minute you will realise the reality .

Agree with much of what you say,except for the comments regarding the ex directors that you mention.Many of us feel that the attitude of the people in charge of Argyle before and after the aforementioned have held the club back and stopped it from achieving what it should,no matter how gentlemanly they were.Oh,and if you think Argyle fans have a "Billy big Bollocks " attitude,god help Torquay fans should they ever reach the championship and mix with some of the supporters in that division.

BTW,did you come across a goalkeeper called Allen Johns in your time at Torquay? I didn't play football with or against him,bit before my time,but i have dealt with him in some financial matters in recent years.He played quite a few reserve games for Torquay in th 1960's,then played a good standard of non league football for several years.
Back to top Go down
merse

Merse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merse   Merse EmptyTue Jan 10, 2012 10:03 am

Greenskin wrote:
Many of us feel that the attitude of the people in charge of Argyle before and after the aforementioned have held the club back and stopped it from achieving what it should,no matter how gentlemanly they were.
BTW,did you come across a goalkeeper called Allen Johns in your time at Torquay? I didn't play football with or against him,bit before my time,but i have dealt with him in some financial matters in recent years.He played quite a few reserve games for Torquay in th 1960's,then played a good standard of non league football for several yea
rs.

"It's easy to spend other people's money"
is what I always say to those who criticised directors (and hence major shareholders in the company) for perceived parsimoney ~ it's only really them who know what it is costing them personally and the Wiiliams were of an age where directors taking remuneration were unheard of, they more or less benefactors.

The Williams family owned a holiday camp down in the South Hams and son Brian, became Chair of the Devon FA and possibly an FA Councillor, I'm not sure. All I know is that whilst I was working in football and later operated as a referee; he was "Mr Argyle" who promoted the club brilliantly used his social skills to the max when visiting other clubs and had an uncanny knack of remembering everything and everyone. He always made sure he said hello to everyone when he visited and thanked them when he left.

Those sort of things are very important for a club's image and in those days a visit to Home Park either on business or to watch a game as a guest was to experience "The Big Time" and you knew you were going to be treated royally.

I remember Alan Johns too ~ there were some good local keepers around in those days: Mike Trout from Chudleigh (Exeter City, Torquay United and Newton Spurs) Johns himself (I'm sure he played for Newton Spurs too) and later Newton Abbot's Robbie Robbins who also played for Torquay United in the First Team, Bideford and Falmouth; and then there was Bryan Helley who played for Falmouth but came from Galmpton in Torbay............the one thing they all had in common? None of them was that tall, and all sixty years old or even older now! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Merse Empty
PostSubject: Re: Merse   Merse Empty

Back to top Go down

Merse
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: