Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ? Empty
PostSubject: Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ?   Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:07 am

Thank heavens I'm not. Two hours of the rubbish we saw on Monday framed by 10 hours of dull motorway life, and then back £60 light.
I'm off to the coast for a walk and lunch. Sparksy might just reach there, he might not. I'll soon find out.

Last edited by penzancepirate on Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ?   Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:12 am

Golfing this afternoon.Wouldn't mind being at Crewe,but the journey is what really puts me off these days,although as i said in a post yesterday,Crewe is an ideal place for a beery train journey.I won't be pining to be there though,this has to be admitted.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ?   Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:13 am

The thought of the long trek home after yet another piss poor 'performance' and a defeat should be enough to put any sane person off travelling.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ?   Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 10:42 am

I'd love to be in Crewe at the match. I miss the away atmosphere. You can't beat it at football. Sadly can't afford it any more Sad

Instead I shall be running my daughter to uni in deepest, darkest Cornwall. Almost as good. (Though, in the extremely unlikely even that she reads this - sorry, it was a typo, I meant to write much, much better I love you ).

I hope as I return towards Plymouth I shall be able to pick up Sparksy's commentary.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ?   Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:06 am

Freathy wrote:
The thought of the long trek home after yet another piss poor 'performance' and a defeat should be enough to put any sane person off travelling.
Cor, we're SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO privileged to have a fan like you eh Freathy.
If we're ever fighting in the trenches together, don't have my back ok.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ?   Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:20 am

Love away games. Yeah I know we're piss poor at the moment, but I've been to many games when we've been piss poor and sometimes it's just the crack. Not this supporters coach no alcohol, straight back after the game rubbish though. Me and my mates would always book a B+B for the Saturday night and make sure we arrived by 9am to drop off our gear and get on it. Some brilliant memories.

I have only ever been abroad once, to Spain, on a family holiday, but I've pretty much been everywhere in the UK, and I'm looking forward to going to Port Vale away at the end of the month. I'm actually pretty well situated these days for away games, London 2 hours away, same with Birmingham, but my problem now is that I have an 8 month old baby to look after while the Missus is at work.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ?   Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:29 am

I used to go to quite a few away games before I was married (anyone who says 'under the thumb' can bugger off Very Happy ). I did a mixture of driving with a few mates, then started minibusing with some of the old RotG posters (Ive, Gus, Budoboy, Mumpy) and that was a brilliant laugh [and I could have a few on the way up], even though in one Blobby season I saw 14 away games with 1 win.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ?   Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ? EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:47 am

Went to the Sydney Festival today...zany, 30 degrees C, good times, drunk now, etc

I love my away days though...miss me bro. If we had the money back in the UK we'd make it to most away games even now with a couple of other mates too (if lucky!), but maybe just 2 or 3 home games a season...cos there the football matters, and they're just shite.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ?   Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ? Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you wish you were Ice cold in Alex today ?
Page 1 of 1