+3
Chemical Ali
Greenskin
Freathy
7 posters
AuthorMessage

And another Empty
PostSubject: And another   And another EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:32 pm

Hi ATD I have been reading the posts on here and across the the road for ages now so I thought it was about time I joined one or the other ---- I don't do happy slappy so here I am Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down

And another Empty
PostSubject: Re: And another   And another EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 10:40 pm

Grumpy wrote:
Hi ATD I have been reading the posts on here and across the the road for ages now so I thought it was about time I joined one or the other ---- I don't do happy slappy so here I am Rolling Eyes

Feck me the dam has Razz burst welcome grumpy. You must be relative of sensiblegreen . We have a dopey or two already
Back to top Go down

And another Empty
PostSubject: Re: And another   And another EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 11:04 pm

With what I have read over the last few days I should think ATD will get a few more joining
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

And another Empty
PostSubject: Re: And another   And another EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:20 am

Welcome!

I still predict January will see a significant rise in new users. We're still rooted firmly to the bottom of the table and everyone will be expecting james 'legend' brent to do something about it using the transfer window. Anti-brent feeling will increase when he does f*** all but there will be a Pasoti zero tolerance policy on brent criticism far far more draconian then there was for *****wallet.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

And another Empty
PostSubject: Re: And another   And another EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 9:31 am

Welcome Grumpy.
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

And another Empty
PostSubject: Re: And another   And another EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:25 am

Freathy wrote:
Welcome!

I still predict January will see a significant rise in new users. We're still rooted firmly to the bottom of the table and everyone will be expecting james 'legend' brent to do something about it using the transfer window. Anti-brent feeling will increase when he does f*** all but there will be a Pasoti zero tolerance policy on brent criticism far far more draconian then there was for *****wallet.

You could be right. Another potential issue could be transfers. I note that the President is counting Purse and Chadwick as new additions (although as the Pirate [i think] pointed out, this isn't really an addition but a transfer from loan to perm signing). We don't seem to be linked to any experienced players, just a couple of League 2 kids. As January progresses, a lack of signings (combined with poor results as we have a harder bunch of games coming up) could lead to more discontent. We have been told that "James knows what's needed" etc.I hope that is true (and I'm wrong).
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

And another Empty
PostSubject: Re: And another   And another EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:30 am

i forgot there was a january transfer window, so long has it been since argo did any incoming trade in this dark month, i just thought it was a month for argyle prices.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

And another Empty
PostSubject: Re: And another   And another EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:32 am

Welcome to ATD Grumpy, enjoy the ride, it's a bumpy one!
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

And another Empty
PostSubject: Re: And another   And another EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:33 am

The January Rape Window!

Only this time, we're too fugly to even rape...

:-(

Hopefully we'll manage a coupla nice gropes ourselves?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

And another Empty
PostSubject: Re: And another   And another EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:35 am

Mock Cuncher wrote:
The January Rape Window!

Only this time, we're too fugly to even rape...

:-(

Hopefully we'll manage a coupla nice gropes ourselves?

We've been Titus Brambled lol!
Back to top Go down

And another Empty
PostSubject: Re: And another   And another EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 11:58 am

Chadders and Purse are very good signings for us, what they are not is January strengthening. We are still in the cack inspite of these two, we need to be looking at signings in the mould of BWP (not as he is now but as he was when we signed him) failing that we need to push the boat out with proper Championship loan players who need games. If we show ambition we will get the players that we need, if we don't it will be league 2 youngsters playing in the BSP next season. I would love to trust Brent, but he has to earn that trust.
Back to top Go down

And another Empty
PostSubject: Re: And another   And another EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:03 pm

I agree Iggy.

Despite the propaganda, these signings are just renewals, they are not new signings.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

And another Empty
PostSubject: Re: And another   And another EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:27 pm

The glaring hole where a Chief Exec should be, to oversee and negotiate transfers, contracts etc. is a big problem for us.

I was expecting someone to be in place by now. Are we going to go the whole transfer window relying on the advice of someone who's now at Preston and couldn't give a flying f**k about whether we sign people or not? Because there's certainly no one else at the club with any experience of how to handle a transfer window when we desperately need to recruit.

Still, trust in Brent I guess....... Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

And another Empty
PostSubject: Re: And another   And another EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:31 pm

The (lack of) Chief Exec is a big problem actually. And who is on the board? Do we have a board? Or is it just brent being 'advised' by el-presidente and the superfans?
Back to top Go down

And another Empty
PostSubject: Re: And another   And another EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:46 pm

I am a long time Argyle supporter (there I have said it!) I have taken a lot of ridicule and abuse from friends, family and workmates over the years but that was ok because we were going to reach the promised land of the first division or as it is now the premier league and then I would be the one laughing. But true to form it all comes crashing around my ears and the abuse goes on.

But never fear we won't drop any further because the president says so ----- so that’s ok then.

Bitter? Who me? Well yes actually
Back to top Go down

And another Empty
PostSubject: Re: And another   And another EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 12:59 pm

Grumpy wrote:
I am a long time Argyle supporter (there I have said it!) I have taken a lot of ridicule and abuse from friends, family and workmates over the years but that was ok because we were going to reach the promised land of the first division or as it is now the premier league and then I would be the one laughing. But true to form it all comes crashing around my ears and the abuse goes on.

But never fear we won't drop any further because the president says so ----- so that’s ok then.

Know the feeling Grumpy. And I know that I got sick of hearing the same message over and over again about not worrying because it would all be Ok because Brent was a sound guy and we definitely wouldn't go down, Fletch knows what he's doing, wait until he's had a chance to get his own players in etc. Well January's a week old and so far we've played once, at home to local rivals where despite the relatively close scoreline, it was not a close run game, and "signed" 2 players we already had!

I know there's still 3 weeks to go but I honestly think we might have been fed, and someone else might have been fed, a dollop of brown stuff.
Back to top Go down

And another Empty
PostSubject: Re: And another   And another EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 1:10 pm

Grumpy wrote:

amen to dat budda!

PS A Chief Exec cost money and it doesn't seem that our latest superfan wants to spend any. Perhaps he's hoping to recruit a local and more cheaper alternative?
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

And another Empty
PostSubject: Re: And another   And another EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 1:34 pm

Weren't Peter Jones and the Uni Chancellor names in the frame for places on the board. Have the headhunters employed by James Brent ruled them in or out?

Those already named could have been sorted by now if required surely.

Unless Brent is thinking outside the box the pool for choosing an experienced football CE must be quite small. Let alone one willing to come to a football team propping up the whole of the football league.

It's with the background of no board being in place that I see no rush and no sense in sorting out any fan representation.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

And another Empty
PostSubject: Re: And another   And another EmptySat Jan 07, 2012 2:51 pm

Dougie wrote:
Weren't Peter Jones and the Uni Chancellor names in the frame for places on the board. Have the headhunters employed by James Brent ruled them in or out?

Those already named could have been sorted by now if required surely.
Unless Brent is thinking outside the box the pool for choosing an experienced football CE must be quite small. Let alone one willing to come to a football team propping up the whole of the football league.

It's with the background of no board being in place that I see no rush and no sense in sorting out any fan representation.

Perhaps the headhunters had more important pre-booked matters, like a holiday in Dubai or summat? scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

And another Empty
PostSubject: Re: And another   And another Empty

Back to top Go down

And another
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: The Mayflower-
Jump to: