How delightfully Aviva. jocolor

look how far we've come cheers cheers
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Argyle quiz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle quiz   Argyle quiz EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 6:36 pm

8/10 for me.

Rab Douglas and Danny Milosevic wrong, bleddy keepers.

Last edited by AstiSpumante on Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Argyle quiz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle quiz   Argyle quiz EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 6:38 pm

I got 5/10, and guessed 8 of them.
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

Argyle quiz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle quiz   Argyle quiz EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 7:12 pm

You arent prappper fans !!!!!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Argyle quiz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle quiz   Argyle quiz EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 7:23 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
8/10 for me.

Thought it was bleddy Stack.

That was a day and a half at Ashton Gate, in fact there hasn't been anything like it since-I know we've had all of the celebrate avoiding relegation shit and the odd good performance since but basically it's been all downhill since then. Argyle went to about 5th in the CCC after that game but as so often in the past bottled it when the crunch came-if the fire sale hadn't taken place and Norris, Buzz, Gozzy, SEB etc had still been there, i'm convinced that we'd have made it that year, certainly to the play offs. Must admit to getting speechlessly pissed that night though, it was certainly Rory's finest hour at Argyle.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

Argyle quiz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle quiz   Argyle quiz EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:15 pm

Greenskin wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
8/10 for me.

Thought it was bleddy Stack.

That was a day and a half at Ashton Gate, in fact there hasn't been anything like it since-I know we've had all of the celebrate avoiding relegation shit and the odd good performance since but basically it's been all downhill since then. Argyle went to about 5th in the CCC after that game but as so often in the past bottled it when the crunch came-if the fire sale hadn't taken place and Norris, Buzz, Gozzy, SEB etc had still been there, i'm convinced that we'd have made it that year, certainly to the play offs. Must admit to getting speechlessly pissed that night though, it was certainly Rory's finest hour at Argyle.

Had some fantastic away days at both Bristol cubs in the 70s/80s, Ashton Gate is a fantastic traditional football ground with a great atmosphere but I also used to enjoy going to Rovers old ground Eastville, a complete dump but great fun nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Argyle quiz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle quiz   Argyle quiz EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:22 pm

Went to ashton gate one boxing day, Tommy Tynan hatrick lost four three! great game Dave Smith had just taken over as manager, must have been around three thousand Argyle fan behind the goal brilliant atmosphere even without a drum and the Forza Gimps.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

Argyle quiz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle quiz   Argyle quiz EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:33 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Went to ashton gate one boxing day, Tommy Tynan hatrick lost four three! great game Dave Smith had just taken over as manager, must have been around three thousand Argyle fan behind the goal brilliant atmosphere even without a drum and the Forza Gimps.

I've put this up before but feck it, lets have another look at it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Look at the Argyle crowd swaying behind the goal, real pre 1990's stuff. We were there but nearly missed the kick off even after leaving a boozer in Clifton at about half past one. Just shows what a stylish player Summers was, he was developing into something special before that cnut Sharp nobbled him. The Bristol game led to a 6-1 arseing at Highbury but that was another story.
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Argyle quiz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle quiz   Argyle quiz EmptyFri Jan 23, 2015 10:41 pm

Greenskin wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:

I've put this up before but feck it, lets have another look at it.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Look at the Argyle crowd swaying behind the goal, real pre 1990's stuff. We were there but nearly missed the kick off even after leaving a boozer in Clifton at about half past one. Just shows what a stylish player Summers was, he was developing into something special before that cnut Sharp nobbled him. The Bristol game led to a 6-1 arseing at Highbury but that was another story.

Great clip bhey, i remember the replay and the trip to the Arse.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

Argyle quiz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle quiz   Argyle quiz EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 6:13 am

I was at Ashton Gate as a 16 year old travelling independently, bleddy scary it was. Guy got stabbed in the queue ahead of me.

The Highbury game was something else. 6-1 but a good day out. Arsenal had one helluva side back then. This may be an Internet fact but I think we hold the record for away attendances at both Highbury and the Emirates....? They seriously under estimated the amount of Argyle fans back then and the game wasn't all ticket!
Back to top Go down

Argyle quiz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle quiz   Argyle quiz EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 7:44 am

that Brizzle game was my first away game, twas bloody mental,
thousands in the away end. if i rember rightly some twat parked a car by the exit and everyone was walking over it, a mini bus set on fire outside and fighting everywhere......those were the days Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Argyle quiz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle quiz   Argyle quiz EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 9:08 am

alannotivvy wrote:
that Brizzle game was my first away game,  twas bloody mental,
thousands in the away end. if i rember rightly some twat parked a car by the exit and everyone was walking over it,   a mini bus set on fire outside and fighting everywhere......those were the days Very Happy

If its the game I'm thinking of people were walking over it to get in, the police had 2 horses by a gate facing each other, you put your money in a bucket and ducked under them to get in. One guy in front of me was head butted by one of the horses as he went to go in! Everyone laughed including the cops. The bloke didn't! Very Happy

I think the kick off was delayed because there were so many still trying to get in.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Argyle quiz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle quiz   Argyle quiz EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 10:15 am

The City game was nuts. One of the lads on our coach was crushed by a police horse in that gap into the away terrace. Goin off all over the place in the Park behind the away end afterwards too.

The Arsenal game would have without a shadow of doubt been a Hillsborough type scenario if they'd had fences up. The twats kept a huge area of terrace under the Clock closed off cos they werent expecting 14,000 Argyle to show. It wasn't until loads of us were spilling onto the pitch down by the corner that they realised they had to open up the empty section. Steve Cherrys first game weren't it after dislodging Crudgie?
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

Argyle quiz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle quiz   Argyle quiz EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 10:22 am

It was frightening in the Arse away end that day!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Argyle quiz Empty
PostSubject: Re: Argyle quiz   Argyle quiz Empty

Back to top Go down

Argyle quiz
Page 1 of 1