Lord Tisdale
Sir Francis Drake
Cornish Chris
Dick Trickle
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Pub Landlord stands against Farage - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pub Landlord stands against Farage   Pub Landlord stands against Farage - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 10:55 am

My comments weren't aimed at you Cornish you at least put forward some actual arguments I can handle the fact they may be different from mine it's the shut up moaning, things could always be worse shite that gets me.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Pub Landlord stands against Farage   Pub Landlord stands against Farage - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 12:04 pm

They were aimed at our furious Greek friend, not you Iggy.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Pub Landlord stands against Farage   Pub Landlord stands against Farage - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 1:16 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I'm awaiting the next you're-not-fit-to-vote-wanker insult with baited popcorn....

Maybe it will be 23%, it probably won't be.  As I keep trying to say, due to the crap turnout, it's still a tiny minority of the electorate.

I wouldn't say I idolise them. I'd say that Ken Clarke did a good job as Chancellor, taking the economy from the wreckage of 1992 to the boom years of the late '90s, allowing Labour to do their good work improving public services. And Parris always talks sense; bi-partisan, reasonable and honest.

The main problem I have with Ukip is that this country is actually doing pretty well. Gordon Brown did a good job at rescuing things after Farage's mates in the City fooked us all over in '08, and the Coalition have ensured that we are miles ahead of the rest of Europe in terms of growth and jobs. It's not perfect, and it isn't fashionable to suggest that incumbent politicians are doing okay, but it's true. Things need to improve - especially in terms of housing and getting more people into higher-skilled full-time employment - but it is nowhere near bad enough to risk it all on extremes like Ukip or (yes, I fully agree) the mad as a box of ferrets Greens.

Really ?   Wasn't he heavily involved in the pensions fiasco, selling off our gold reserves for a rock bottom price and leading us into the worst recession since the 30's then ?
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Pub Landlord stands against Farage   Pub Landlord stands against Farage - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 1:49 pm

The gold reserves shambles should ensure he wears a dunce's cap for the rest of time, but the global recession was hardly his fault. He and Darling deserve a lot of credit for their response.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Pub Landlord stands against Farage   Pub Landlord stands against Farage - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 6:53 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:

I'm awaiting the next you're-not-fit-to-vote-wanker insult with baited popcorn....

Maybe it will be 23%, it probably won't be.  As I keep trying to say, due to the crap turnout, it's still a tiny minority of the electorate.

I wouldn't say I idolise them. I'd say that Ken Clarke did a good job as Chancellor, taking the economy from the wreckage of 1992 to the boom years of the late '90s, allowing Labour to do their good work improving public services. And Parris always talks sense; bi-partisan, reasonable and honest.

The main problem I have with Ukip is that this country is actually doing pretty well. Gordon Brown did a good job at rescuing things after Farage's mates in the City fooked us all over in '08, and the Coalition have ensured that we are miles ahead of the rest of Europe in terms of growth and jobs. It's not perfect, and it isn't fashionable to suggest that incumbent politicians are doing okay, but it's true. Things need to improve - especially in terms of housing and getting more people into higher-skilled full-time employment - but it is nowhere near bad enough to risk it all on extremes like Ukip or (yes, I fully agree) the mad as a box of ferrets Greens.

Bravo Sir, you'd never believe it reading some of the tripe on this thread and others though, for some the only answer is 'REVOLUTION' !!!!! Razz
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Pub Landlord stands against Farage   Pub Landlord stands against Farage - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 7:21 pm

Or as once was said in Tooting......."power to the people" ......Rolling Eyes .
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Pub Landlord stands against Farage   Pub Landlord stands against Farage - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 27, 2015 10:36 pm

Michael Rosen wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Pub Landlord stands against Farage   Pub Landlord stands against Farage - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:12 am

Yeah right on Franny, I'm a fascist innit. Try and explain why in your own words.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Pub Landlord stands against Farage   Pub Landlord stands against Farage - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:14 am

Les Miserable wrote:
Cornish Chris wrote:

Bravo Sir, you'd never believe it reading some of the tripe on this thread and others though, for some the only answer is  'REVOLUTION' !!!!! Razz

We do need revolution but it doesn't have to be bloody, ignore the shift of wealth to the rich and keep the bottom 20% skint and feeling worthless and bloody revolution is inevitable, that's why we need to change.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Pub Landlord stands against Farage   Pub Landlord stands against Farage - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 1:15 am

Cornish Chris wrote:

Resisting the wankerish tendencies which blight my life I feel obliged to point out that there is a world of difference between a couple of Party members tipping a nod and a wink to an outrageously populist issue such as the re-nationalisation of the railways and it being official policy. The Greens and only the Greens are dumb enough to put such things into their manifesto.

This and the rest of my comments stand, you really need to get a better grasp of all the issues if you wish to slag parties off and not look a fool, your vote, along with millions of others cast by people who have no conception of the importance of that act or they would take the trouble to be better informed, is of course your right, fortunately most of the non voters come from the subset of clueless feckers so the reduction in turn out actually means my vote is slightly more valuable.

Making it easier to vote is not democracy in action, having a better educated pool of voters is.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Pub Landlord stands against Farage   Pub Landlord stands against Farage - Page 3 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 9:39 am

So just to paraphrase your argument:

a) everyone who disagrees with you is too stupid to vote;
b) 91% is a 'tiny minority'.

Life's too short to waste on the likes of you, my friend.

Yours sincerely,

Divvy Chris.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pub Landlord stands against Farage   Pub Landlord stands against Farage - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Pub Landlord stands against Farage
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3