Tgwu
pepsipete
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

The European Union - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 1:30 pm

Lord Tisdale wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

You actually believe the cuts are being made to balance the budget, do you?

Have a word with yourself.

I think you may need to have a word with yourself if you think cuts are actually being made anywhere in the public sector.

The amount spent in the PS went up last year and the year before that and the year before that, it will go up this year, the next and the year after that. It goes up every year.

All your lefty rhetoric might carry a little more weight if any remotely lefty administration had ever turned in a balanced budget, cookies for breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea and supper are very nice, just as long as some other fecker is paying the bill.

The PS is hugely wasteful and the elephant in the room of unfunded PS pensions edges ever closer, burying your head in the sand and hoping summat'll turn up will just make things worse when the poo does finally hit the fan.

No I don't believe that privatising all public services is a good idea, but whether it would be any worse or more expensive in the long term than the hideously inefficient system we have been living with for all of my lifetime is open to conjecture. What we need are services run efficiently and effectively for the benefit of the public not the people who jump on the gravy train, tell me that you don't know at least one ex public servant who retired on a healthy pension in their 50s only to play on for 20, 30, 40years  sucking on the working man's teet?

Basically I can't be arsed because there's so much ill-informed tripe in this post I don't know where to start.

It'd be comedy gold if it wasn't so widely believed.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 1:32 pm

Moist_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

How would you define "foreigners"?

It's quite funny over here when I speak to Germans and they complain about too many "foreigners".

When I point out to them that I'm a "foreigner" I'm told, "Oh, we don't mean you"!!

Members of PEGIDA maybe ?

My Daughter lives in Germany & she is often mistaken for being Russian.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 1:38 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:

How would you define "foreigners"?

Same way as everybody else does.

Your guesses as regards the level of benefits paid out are not really of any interest, you are an old crunt same as me, you have nicked a few quid over the years and have a nice easy life, moi aussi, my concern is for the future of the country, which is skint, in five years the level of our national debt has risen three fold to nearly one and a half trillion pounds, £1,500,000,000,000, the level of personal debt is even higher while the unfunded value of future pension liabilities is just too big a number to even contemplate, much of this down to Broon's largesse but putting a brake on this seems to elude Osbourne, not really his fault mind, Broon's poison chalice would be too much for anyone.

Being the constantly open cookie jar for every down and out in the EU and the wider world is not an option imho, your's and my cushy lives will not continue if the issues are not addressed.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 1:47 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Lord Tisdale wrote:
Sir Francis Drake wrote:

You actually believe the cuts are being made to balance the budget, do you?

Have a word with yourself.

I think you may need to have a word with yourself if you think cuts are actually being made anywhere in the public sector.

The amount spent in the PS went up last year and the year before that and the year before that, it will go up this year, the next and the year after that. It goes up every year.

All your lefty rhetoric might carry a little more weight if any remotely lefty administration had ever turned in a balanced budget, cookies for breakfast, lunch, dinner, tea and supper are very nice, just as long as some other fecker is paying the bill.

The PS is hugely wasteful and the elephant in the room of unfunded PS pensions edges ever closer, burying your head in the sand and hoping summat'll turn up will just make things worse when the poo does finally hit the fan.

No I don't believe that privatising all public services is a good idea, but whether it would be any worse or more expensive in the long term than the hideously inefficient system we have been living with for all of my lifetime is open to conjecture. What we need are services run efficiently and effectively for the benefit of the public not the people who jump on the gravy train, tell me that you don't know at least one ex public servant who retired on a healthy pension in their 50s only to play on for 20, 30, 40years  sucking on the working man's teet?

Basically I can't be arsed because there's so much ill-informed tripe in this post I don't know where to start.

It'd be comedy gold if it wasn't so widely believed.

Well why don't you lay out the bits which are "ill informed"?

Start with a lefty government which turned in a balanced budget and details which show that the PS budget doesn't consistently rise.

Actually you can stop after that because they are the only two bits of my post which could possibly be "ill informed".

You are smug tw@ who never really addresses issues which don't fit your lefty ideology, astound me by showing me you actually might know something.

1. One even remotely lefty government which balanced a budget?

2. Two years in the last twenty when the money spent by the Public Sector fell.

You can have as long as you like.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 1:52 pm

"Gordon Brown is to blame..." is another fallacy paraded as fact. Was Brown responsible for Freddie Mac, Fanny May, AIG, Iceland, Lehman Brothers or HBoS folding? No. Of course not.

Osborne has added more to the national debt than EVERY Labour Chancellor in history added together.

In only 4 years.

And you may, by your own admission, be a thief but please do not tar me with your brush.

Got it?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 1:55 pm

I'm sorry.

I am completely defeated by the "smug tw@" line of argument.

I worship at the altar of your stolen superiority.

You are a magnificent intellectual and I am not worthy even to post on the same site as you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 2:03 pm

I'll informed FFS! I am informed of all sides of the argument, this thread is a perfect example of how people are conned by the suits because some people feel the need to belong, left, right, centre, it's all bullshit, party politics keeps the suits fed well whilst all the proles argue about who is going to feck you less or more than the other lot. Feckin hilarious.
The European union supports our suits whilst everybody else bows down to the low wage economy, hurrah for all the clever cnuts who live lives we can only dream of living supported by all you lot who mistakenly think that they are working for you, wakey wakey wankers.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 2:11 pm

Ever seen Farage wearing anything other than a suit?
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:17 pm

Iggy wrote:
I'll informed FFS! I am informed of all sides of the argument, this thread is a perfect example of how people are conned by the suits because some people feel the need to belong, left, right, centre, it's all bullshit, party politics keeps the suits fed well whilst all the proles argue about who is going to feck you less or more than the other lot. Feckin hilarious.
The European union supports our suits whilst everybody else bows down to the low wage economy, hurrah for all the clever cnuts who live lives we can only dream of living supported by all you lot who mistakenly think that they are working for you, wakey wakey wankers.

And that will all change once we leave the EU Iggy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:21 pm

Right for the last feckin time I'm aware that Farage went to Eton, is a suit and I'm not a massive fan, at least he has opened up debate that no one wants to have. I don't vote UKIP, Lad, Lib! CON and if I did it would only be to protest at the others.
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:27 pm

Iggy wrote:
Right for the last feckin time I'm aware that Farage went to Eton, is a suit and I'm not a massive fan, at least he has opened up debate that no one wants to have. I don't vote UKIP, Lad, Lib! CON and if I did it would only be to protest at the others.

That's the best thing that has happened. The same is happening in Germany!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 3:31 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
I wish some posters on here could just politely present their counter opinion without resorting to abuse all of the time. A far better and reaching debate would be had by all, I'm sure.

To be fair there's only one moron doing that. A shame as he evidently knows what he's talking about, but sad he feels the needs to resort to poor insults to try and make himself look better.

I've been at work all day and phone is low on battery so will reply in due course.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 7:03 pm

Mr Tisdale..

Ok well I don’t know what the ‘meeja’ is but I don’t think it’s fair to pass someone else’s views off as propaganda where your own argument is based on the bollocks spouted by angry eurosceptics. You should broaden your reading Tis.

I don’t follow all of Clegg’s argument, I mean obviously the 3 million jobs loss thing wont happen but that doesn’t mean no jobs at all. HOWEVER there are 3 million jobs linked to the EU which accounts to 1/10 of British jobs. Would you like to risk them? You can open your eyes if you like and realise that businesses WILL move abroad. Not everything, and not 3 million, but a pretty hefty chunk would simply to avoid tax from non-EU countries. In the long term it would make sense for business to move abroad to save money. Ergo, people lose their jobs.

On another note, we do gain more in trade than we send out. The EU is our biggest trading partner, accounting for 52% of our trade. This pulls in about £400bn per year, which far outweighs the £12bn or so we spend on the EU each year. Leaving would save us that £12bn but we'd encounter different long-term problems. If we left the EU but still continued to trade with the countries in it, we would STILL need to abide by EU rules, and we'd have to pay EU tariffs for exports. So basically you just lose your chance to change things.

When the Confederation of British Industry surveyed its members in 2013, it found extremely strong support for Britain to stay in the EU among both big and small businesses: 78 per cent wanted to stay versus only 10 per cent wanting to quit. Three-quarters thought leaving would have a negative impact on foreign investment in the UK.

Finally, 1.4 million British people live abroad in the EU. More than 14,500 UK students took part in the European Union’s Erasmus student exchange scheme in 2012-13. Driving licences issued in the UK are valid throughout the EU. All changes if we leave the EU. Would anyone like to help look after the people who'll be forced to come back, or build the homes for them to live in?

We should stay in and join the Schengen.
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 7:41 pm

Oh FFS, where do you start with that lot. Clearly brainwashed by the lefty-loon teaching of the EU regulated education system, the EU financed BBC & the Grauniad.

Do what most normal teenage boys your age do & go & discover real the purpose we are on this earth. You'll find politics is incredibly boring & irrelevant by comparison. It may just make you think straight too !

Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 8:12 pm

Crikey. That's a lot of conspiracies in one sentence FY.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 8:21 pm

FY 310 wrote:
Oh FFS, where do you start with that lot. Clearly brainwashed by the lefty-loon teaching of the EU regulated education system, the EU financed BBC & the Grauniad.

Do what most normal teenage boys your age do & go & discover real the purpose we are on this earth. You'll find politics is incredibly boring & irrelevant by comparison. It may just make you think straight too !

Whilst I appreciate the derogatory tone, I'm ok thanks. I do a lot of the stuff normal teenage boys do just instead of homework etc I spend time reading and debating stuff like this.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 11:04 am

Go and look up how the single currency worked out? Ireland would be a good place to start, the inflation the euro has forced upon everybody is unbelievable, better out than in though, baaaaa!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 11:10 am

Cornish Chris wrote:
Crikey. That's a lot of conspiracies in one sentence FY.

I love a good conspiracy. Did you hear the one about a fantasist property deleveloper and hapless football club chairman? No, nor did I. Laughing
Back to top Go down
MannameadGreen

MannameadGreen

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 12:40 am

On the EU, I'd ideologically want out (not because of the reasons that Ukip say), but if there were a referendum I'd bite my tongue and pragmatically vote in.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 2:01 pm

FY 310 wrote:

Silly straw man argument which lowers the tone of the thread.

It is possible to drink, have fun AND debate stuff like football and politics. No-one spends all day and night doing one or the other.

Besides, the last time Josh went out and had a drink it almost caused a diplomatic incident at Home Park. lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 3:28 pm

Single currency anybody? If ever there was proof that Europe won't ever work it is this, one economy being run by one big government and lots of little ones, not to mention the banks. It is designed for beaurocracy for the sake of it.
A neighbour of my in laws in France is Irish and is FOOKIN minted, he was an MEP for three years and now has a fook off big pension for life on the strength of it, happy soul, always has a smile on his face.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 4:47 pm

Ask him if he fancies being Chairman of Argyle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 6:15 am

Greece think that the only way they will get back on their feet is to get out of the euro, Eurocrats are saying that they will slaughter all male children under the age of five if they do.
Hasn't worked very well for them has it? I've never met a Portuguese, Spanish or Irish person that thinks the Europen union is a good idea a system that has inequality built into the whole system by the entry rate that you join at. Feckin Germans are pissing themselves mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 6:21 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
"Gordon Brown is to blame..." is another fallacy paraded as fact. Was Brown responsible for Freddie Mac, Fanny May, AIG, Iceland, Lehman Brothers or HBoS folding? No. Of course not.

Osborne has added more to the national debt than EVERY Labour Chancellor in history added together.

In only 4 years.

And you may, by your own admission, be a thief but please do not tar me with your brush.

Got it?

I missed that you were a fan of Brown FFS! Sold all our gold, pensions, indistinguishable from a Tory but tells you he's an ordinary man, what a cnut.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 11:28 am

Selling our gold reserves was pathetically shortsighted, and as for pensions, where the f**k did they go, I know a lot of people who had been paying in for many years who got totally shafted. Prudence my ass Gordon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The European Union   The European Union - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The European Union
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next