Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?  Empty
PostSubject: Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?    Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 4:26 am

As Club President, I take it that means that Chris Webb posts on here as an official spokesman for PAFC and ultimately James Brent? If that is the case then I find some of the comments made tonight, and questions avoided tonight by Chris as rather strange.

Now Chris made references to Ian Newell working his backside off to play a role in saving Argyle, yet when asked how he felt about his good friend Ian Newell behaving as he does on Pasoti, i.e. banning me for posting a link to Exeweb which was obviously a sarcastic thread posted by an Exeter City fan, and lying by saying I had been banned for posting links on Pasoti to a libellous website, when the only link I had posted was that one, which was later posted again on Pasoti but someone who may or may not be Ian Newell himself, who then went on to say how it was very funny and that he enjoyed a laugh and a bit of banter as much as then next man, Chris is not interested in commenting on this because this site is obsessed with Ian Newell, who incidentally enjoys posting on Exeweb and hurling abuse at people on that site. Subsequently the reason I have been banned from Pasoti has changed to "constantly trolling". Now I am not sure how my posting a link which Ian Newell is now saying he thought funny and likes a joke as much as the next man, can be construed as trolling, when he carries out what I would say is definitely "trolling" on another football forum. Can anyone tell me the difference between these two examples? The only difference to me is that Ian Newell is a moderator on a football forum, who bans people for behaving in exactly the same way that he does on his football forum.

Ok so Chris Webb is not responsible for Ian Newell's actions, but everyone knows how close these two people are, and I would say it is reasonable for Argyle fans to ask Chris to comment on this matter, when he is afterall the Club President.

Then there is the small matter of Tony Wrathall who Chris started a thread about on Pasoti, saying that James Brent had seen evidence that he was not as much to blame as the other disgraced directors, and was at worst naive. Chris went on to say that Tony Wrathall wanted to attend a game at Home Park but feared for his safety. This information was not relayed directly from TW to Chris, but via a mutual friend. Chris made a huge song and dance about how he would personally give TW his match ticket and even buy him a pint. Now this was seen by a large number of people on here and Pasoti as Chris's blessing for TW to return to Home Park, and understandably had a large number of people hot under the collar and expressing their displeasure at this public exhoneration by Chris, who was at pains to point out that this was his personal view and not that of the Club President. Due to the amount of dissenting voices the subject was dropped, but coincidentally not long after this thread, TW attends Home Park where is he a sponsors guest which meant he was waited on by some members of staff who had gone months without pay, and got to walk on the pitch that had not been paid for by the previous board.

Following this incident, some people posted their concerns that TW had appeared at Home Park as a sponsors guest because he had been given the green light by none other than the Club President, whether the post was made by Chris Webb as a fan and not the Club President. This is irrelevant, Chris Webb is the Club President, so understandably many questions were asked about the identity of the person who had invited TW as their guest, and the name of the match sponsor was bandied around on Pasoti. We are subsequently led to believe that the match sponsor did not invite TW, and because of the adverse publicity they had received, the sponsor was now withdrawing financial support from the club. This led to Ian Newell publicly praising the sponsor and telling everyone on Pasoti that he was not responsible for the invite. Again this led to a large amount of requests for the name of the person who did invite TW to be made public, but this information was not made public. Strangely though, following criticism by myself of Ian Newell's public support and him posting a link to the sponsors website, I receive a personal message from Ian Newell naming the person who did invite TW that day, and calling him a c**t. Now this looks to me as though Ian Newell didn't want to make the name public, but thought that by giving the name to me, it would be made public on this site, therefore making it look as though this site had cost Argyle a large amount of sponsorship money. I haven't posted these details on a public forum, but have shown the PM to a few people as I believed I was being set up. As far as I know, nobody who has seen the PM has made the details public either.

I guess where I am going with all of this is I wanted to know if Chris Webb as Club President would like to carry on his public endorsement of Ian Newell, particularly with the looming Argyle Trust elections, because it does seem that the Trust and Pasoti are inextricably linked, and maybe some people who are about to vote would like to know if there is a Club President/James Brent endorsed candidate they may wish to vote for, or not as the case may be.

I would have sent you a private message on Pasoti Chris, but unfortunately I can no longer log onto or use Pasoti, due to being banned from the site.

Pete Gordon aka Greenjock
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?    Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 11:19 am

Jock - you were banned because you use ATD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?    Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:00 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

I know that, you know that, Chris Webb knows that. Just be nice for him to comment on the fact his friend runs Pasoti like that, yet is able to post on various other football forums, under various different usernames, and be much more of a Troll than I would ever be.

I feel that it is now nigh on impossible for Chris Webb to be able to voice opinions himself on these forums, when he is Club President, as afterall it is the club we are all posting about. Pasoti is the biggest of these forums and partly run by his good friend Ian Newell, and Chris posts on there as himself the superfan, and as Club President in an official capacity. I would just like to know what the clubs opinion is of the way Ian Newell and certain other influential people who administer Pasoti, behave when a different view is offered, seeing as Chris was so quick to defend Ian Newell publicly on here yesterday.

If Chris posts as Club President then I take it that he is the voice of James Brent, so by publicly backing Ian Newell, is this the club backing Mr Newell, or anyone else affiliated with running Pasoti, as I see that as a conflict of interests if any of these people are going to be standing for election in the upcoming Trust elections.

I also raised the point of the Tony Wrathall incident, because Chris originally brought the subject up on Pasoti, and it was controversial to say the least, and even more so when Wrathall didn't only attend Home Park, but was wined and dined by some members of staff that had gone through hell, partly due to TW's board. Now the question of who invited Tony Wrathall to Home Park on 17th December was raised at least a dozen times on Pasoti, and it was basically brushed under the carpet, yet his good friend Ian Newell knew who had invited Wrathall, because he messaged me the details calling the person a c**t. Now it seems highly unlikely that Ian Newell knew the identity of this person, but Chris Webb didn't. I just think that the people who were asking the question on here and Pasoti, would be interested to know that the Club President's good friend knew the indentity all along.

I also raised a point to Chris yesterday about reports of racist chanting coming from the area of the Devonport where Chris had decided it would be ideal for the Argyle Ultras, Forza Verde 1886, to be chanting and singing, and whether this would be investigated by the club, because it may appear to some that the chanting was coming from persons in this group linked to Chris, or may be able to give the relevant authorities information about the people carrying it out, as it is reported to have come from the very area where Chris said the Ultras should chant.

I would have thought that any behaviour like this would be totally unwanted and therefore my question about a possible investigation into the reports would be quite relevant, but Chris wasn't able to let me know the answer to my question, but was rather upset that I seemed to be linking him to it, when in fact I was pretty sure that the Club President would want this investigated so that the people responsible were identified, and the good name of the Ultras, which was partly Chris's brainchild, could be maintained.

As I said previously, to me it appears difficult for Chris to be seperated from his Club role when posting on football forums and just wanted clarification if his views on Pasoti and Ian Newells conduct, was indeed the club view also.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?    Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:09 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:

And obviously it would be good for the Pasoti moderators to make it clear than anyone using ATD will be banned from Pasoti, so that anyone like Chris, Greengenes, Zeezan, Cobi Budge etc, don't also get banned like I was.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?    Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 12:38 pm

i'm not banned i think i'll check in a moment.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?    Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:01 pm

Phenom wrote:

It will say I'm banned for trolling, the exact thing Ian Newell does so often so double standards, and yet ArgyleIggy posted the exact same thing and is not banned for trolling. Just want Chris to air his views on it.
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?    Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:03 pm

greenjock wrote:
Phenom wrote:

It will say I'm banned for trolling, the exact thing Ian Newell does so often so double standards, and yet ArgyleIggy posted the exact same thing and is not banned for trolling. Just want Chris to air his views on it.

Why?

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?    Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:40 pm

Like I said, with the upcoming Trust elections, I'm interested to know what the former Trust leader and Club President thinks about my points, when you use Pasoti as a vehicle for giving information, and who knows who will be a candidate for these elections, and if you're so keen to defend how Ian Newell conducts himself, I was interested to know if that was the clubs opinion of his behaviour. If you don't feel like answering that's fine but just say so Chris and then the little merry band can continue doin as they please on a forum you use as Club President. In your union role I'm sure you ask these type of questions when you feel an injustice is done or that something underhand is happening.
Back to top Go down
Mr President

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?    Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 1:44 pm

greenjock wrote:
Like I said, with the upcoming Trust elections, I'm interested to know what the former Trust leader and Club President thinks about my points, when you use Pasoti as a vehicle for giving information, and who knows who will be a candidate for these elections, and if you're so keen to defend how Ian Newell conducts himself, I was interested to know if that was the clubs opinion of his behaviour. If you don't feel like answering that's fine but just say so Chris and then the little merry band can continue doin as they please on a forum you use as Club President. In your union role I'm sure you ask these type of questions when you feel an injustice is done or that something underhand is happening.

I have made it abundently clear that I post as an individual but you cannot seem to accept that.

What relevance has my view got to do whatsoever with the Trust elections?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?    Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:07 pm

I agree with your comments about your banning and your questioning re Wrathall, Jock. But I disagree with asking Chris about the behaviour of a few individuals in the crowd. I would assume, as would you (?), that Chris would condemn racist chanting as much as anyone with any sense.

Chris, you continue to try to make a distinction between your role as President and your role as a fan. Sorry, that no longer seems possible - if it ever was. The trouble is, if you came out publicly and questioned pasoti policy, it would inevitably not only compromise your position as President but also probably lead to you being banned from pasoti. (sort of joke .... or maybe not). I suppose it comes down to whether you see yourself in David Cameron's position where everything he says will be seen as reflecting Tory policy or the Archbishop of Canterbury where he is able to make comments about all parties and their policies. Though even he has to keep his Anglican flock happy.....

Do you think it is acceptable for someone to be banned for posting a link either to exeweb or ATD?

You should have stayed with the Trust! (And that's been said with sympathy for your predicament).
Back to top Go down
Moist_Von_Lipwig

Moist_Von_Lipwig

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?    Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:32 pm

Chris Webb wrote:
greenjock wrote:

I have made it abundently clear that I post as an individual but you cannot seem to accept that.

What relevance has my view got to do whatsoever with the Trust elections?
[b]

And therein lies the problem Chris.

You are the President, therefore any personal view you may have must also be that of the President. Like all public figures, you need to be careful what you say or type as a private individual because one day it may come back to bite you in the backside.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?    Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:36 pm

As you post as an individual Chris, then as an individual and not as the club president can I ask...Can you see why so many people are so fecked off with the way Newell acts on Exeweb yet bans people for doing just a quarter of the same on Pasoti?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?    Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?  EmptyWed Jan 04, 2012 2:37 pm

Don't know why they can't tolerate Sturtz' bit of fun at Nool's expense.

IT IS ALL TRUE ! lol!

Ere Sturtz, howsabout the next chapters, with such snippets as Nool's worship of the hard working gentlemen in suits, the Holiday Inn affair [and I don't mean the gay GGG'S], talking up our chances pre season on GOS, an absolute hoot etc !

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?    Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 8:55 am

The view from my cage.

1).....Chris Webb has been a leading participant as top gun for The Fans Trust in saving PAFC from the enevitable chop.

2)..... Chris decides that the battle was won and his job as Trust Leader complete,so he steps down.

3).....James Brent as the new owner recognizes the part that Chris took in the saving of PAFC and makes him the new club President........a leading Honoury role in PAFC.

4).....Chris Webb uses the web to pass on the Presidents views and Official news .........keeping the fans online informed.........a good link between Management and the shopfloor, a good union man like Chris would approve of that approach.

5).....Chris Webb cointinues posting under his own name online..........blurring the line between President and still being one of the lads.

6).....Other web users now are not sure if Chris is officially speaking .........or is this just the comments of an individual just posting his personal views on the net.

7).....Problem..........this is a situation that someone who has a high profile in the clubs hierarchy (and deserved) cannot do in a way that can be seen as even handed by most people all the time.

Cool.....This is not a situation that can benefit anyone........so Chris you cannot be part of the management and still be one of the lads.

9).....Chris .....as a union man........it must of crossed your mind.......that the best way for management to blunt the Union/Fans Trust is to sign them up on to your team......hence negating problems from that source.

10).....Chris I am not saying that that has happened in this case..........having met James Brent and yourself Chris, at the Hoop & Grapes last December I felt you both were Honourable men and above suspicion..............now Ian Newell I'm not so sure of........comes over Surly and gruff.........but obviously his heart is in the right place.........considering all the hard work he does to raise money. So I apoligize if I read you wrong Ian.

Thats how I see it as an exile and Argyle supporter of sixty years standing.............mistakes will be made..........but the common cause is surely the wellbeing of PAFC.

PS..........cannot seem to get Question eight to say eight instead of face.......weird.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?    Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?  EmptyFri Jan 06, 2012 9:48 am

Tringreen wrote:
Don't know why they can't tolerate Sturtz' bit of fun at Nool's expense.

IT IS ALL TRUE ! lol!

Ere Sturtz, howsabout the next chapters, with such snippets as Nool's worship of the hard working gentlemen in suits, the Holiday Inn affair [and I don't mean the gay GGG'S], talking up our chances pre season on GOS, an absolute hoot etc !

Its potentially libelous, I'd guess. study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?    Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Chris Webb the official voice of James Brent?
Page 1 of 1