MTV could

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

Tgwu

MTV could Empty
PostSubject: MTV could   MTV could EmptyFri Nov 21, 2014 9:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

MTV Crashes could be back with a vengeance next summer looking bigger and better.

Last July, 22,000 people descended on the Hoe to watch pop acts Kaiser Chiefs, Example, The 1975 and Kiesza strut their stuff.

The event was broadcast across the world by television giant MTV, putting Plymouth firmly in the spotlight.

And now the city’s tourism guru Amanda Lumley has confirmed she is “in talks” with executives at MTV about bringing the concert back next summer – and booking even more stars for the occasion.

We are talking with them,” confirmed the Destination Plymouth chief executive.

“Nothing has been confirmed but we are in discussions.

“Our aspiration long-term is not just to have a one day event but to grow it and turn it into a two or three day event.”

Mrs Lumley was speaking to The Herald after the tourism and visitor economy conference held at Rhodes at The Dome on Thursday.

She said MTV Crashes had brought £1.5million into the city, with the gig crew alone spending £500,000.

“The feedback we have had generically is that it was good for the city,” added Mrs Lumley.

“Businesses said it had a great impact. And we had some fantastic responses from those who received free tickets, such as our young carers.

“We are still collating all the media coverage because it was just massive.”

Roy Martin, chairman of Plymouth Hoteliers Association, said he would welcome the event being extended to two or three days.

He said hoteliers had not benefited greatly from the last concert, however.

“I had my best ever summer this year with business up more than 10 per cent but MTV Crashes brought absolutely zero people,” said The Invicta Hotel owner.

“I would back it [MTV Crashes] but it needs to be a longer event. The residents up on the Hoe might disagree but if you buy a house up there then you knew what the Hoe was like before you moved in.”

A spokesman for Plymouth City Council confirmed that talks were under way but said he could not comment further on where discussions had got to.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

MTV could Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTV could   MTV could EmptySat Nov 22, 2014 11:41 am

if they bring it back then i hope they have it nearer the weekend and not so feckin loud you can hear it in lee mill!!!!
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

MTV could Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTV could   MTV could EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 5:09 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

back for a 3 year stint

as i said already aslong as they hold it nearer the weekend not during school term and dont have the feckin sound system so loud then all is good.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

MTV could Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTV could   MTV could EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 6:36 pm

Anything else you'd like to stipulate before giving them the go ahead ? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

MTV could Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTV could   MTV could EmptyFri Nov 28, 2014 11:55 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Anything else you'd like to stipulate before giving them the go ahead ? Very Happy

decent acts wouldnt go a miss not the shite they had this summer.
Back to top Go down

MTV could Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTV could   MTV could EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 12:29 am

Yeah I second that Anti. I listen to a huge range of music - but all of those acts were pretty tinpot. I want big names and big crowds for Plymouth.

Hopefully this might become an annual event beyond the 3 years, will be another thing to help put Plymouth on the map.
Back to top Go down
Angry

Angry

MTV could Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTV could   MTV could EmptySat Nov 29, 2014 10:25 am

Josh Pope wrote:
Yeah I second that Anti. I listen to a huge range of music - but all of those acts were pretty tinpot. I want big names and big crowds for Plymouth.

Hopefully this might become an annual event beyond the 3 years, will be another thing to help put Plymouth on the map.

It will put Plymouth on the map the same way that band aid track will cure ebola. Wont make any difference.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MTV could Empty
PostSubject: Re: MTV could   MTV could Empty

Back to top Go down

MTV could
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Half Time-
Jump to: