lawnmowerman
Czarcasm
22 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Greenskin

Greenskin

Portsmouth - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:34 am

PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Greenskin wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
Aardvark_Von_Lipwig wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
fishing Same old bait Sad Act Thumbs

Bait? Or now just a yawn Sleep

Things on the pitch seem to be looking up so it's pretty pointless to carry on with the "sad act".

Off the pitch however.........

Things on the pitch were 'looking up' much stronger than at present 10 years ago. What the club was 'off the pitch' predictably wrecked all that.

The situation now is far worse than back then. 'Shut up and enjoy the ride'.  Rolling Eyes

Love Sad Act & Ginger Pubes.

The big test for the Brent regime will come in January-if players such as Reid and Nelson are not sold and any players that the manager feels are needed for the post Christmas push are signed, then I guess the serious intent of the club to make on field progress must be acknowledged.Things on the pitch are rather pleasurable at the moment and it would be just plain silly to deny that this area has improved dramatically firstly since the Brent takeover and secondly since the appointment of Sheridan-it would not be stretching possibilities to state that Argyle may well have been out of this division already had he taken over in the summer of 2012 instead of the perseverance with the out of his depth Fletcher, although i must be honest in admitting that i thought Fletcher deserved a shot after the previous seasons escape.

Off the field it's a bit of a different matter. Has the infrastructure of the club improved in any way since the Brent takeover? Certainly on the face of it, the answer would appear to be no and that is an area of concern because as we all know, the infrastructure was inadequate for the championship last time and would be even more so now should the club make significant on field progress. Many of us felt that the HHP plans were not weighted in favour of Argyle as a football club and are glad to see that they are dead in the water-question is what form will any revised plans take? Should Argyle end up with an adequate capacity stand [21000 total, with scope to add IMHO] and extraneous facilities which would truly benefit Argyle ,then i would take my hat off to JB and say that his involvement with the club has been very much for the good. Will it happen? That's the crux of the matter-too many doubts given his involvement in so many projects which appear to have totally stalled and is the area where so many supporters have strong reservations. The stand and all the facilities within it and the training ground are in urgent need of a major upgrades and it's only when action has been taken to address these issues in the long term will i be a confirmed James Brent fan.Argyle has been a club built on sand for far too long and it seems as if a great opportunity to put the situation right is presently sclerotic, we will see what the next year or so brings

Yep, pretty much sums it up. Keep all players, add one or two, come out with plans for a decent size stand.

Not difficult is it? If you're a fan that is.

How's the back John?

Better thanks Garry,went to the physio last week and got pulled around a bit and i must say it led to a big improvement.Stuffed myself up with tablets yesterday and played in the club tournament,got round the course for 31 points which i was very pleased with under the circumstances-started to hit the ball much better on the second half. More physio on Tuesday and hopefully things will continue to look up.The course is starting to get very soggy,the next item on the improvement list should be some tee mats for the holes on the lower half-don't like playing off them as a rule but they would be better than trying to find a spot where it's actually possible to even stand.Bet you don't have such problems in sunny Espana!
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:54 am

GreenSam wrote:

Anthony O'Connor today produced what I think is the best individual performance from an Argyle player all season. He won just about every single tackle he committed to and started so much of our possession play off. He just bossed the game in every way possible- won the ball from people's feet and then crisply got our attacks going from the start to the end. It was the textbook performance for a 'sitting' defensive midfielder. Absolutely textbook. Equally fantastic was Lee Cox. For all that O'Connor does tackling-wise, Cox does an equal amount with his interceptions which is far more in the way of the invisible, unnoticed stuff than the more obvious tackles that O'Connor produces. I don't necessarily agree that Cox lingers too long unnecessarily with the ball either. I think he waits for someone to get into the right amount of space and then plays a great pass rather than a simple but immediate one. Both of them have one thing in common though and that's that they read the game in front of them sublimely. Blizzard did very well too- probably the weakest of the three but far from a passengers in my view. Played the link man between the midfield and the attack very well.

A special note for the wing-backs too. I've been a bit critical of one of them recently but make no mistake about it: Andy Kellett absolutely arrived today. After being a bit iffy defensively of late he showed a really good attitude and dedication/commitment to learn. He got up and down the line a lot better (rather than just down it). He barely made a defensive mistake all day and was as ever an absolute livewire going forward. That was the game more than any that he really made his mark and well played to him. Mellor was even better. Involved with two of the goals and he also rarely put a defensive foot wrong as ever. Full-back and playmaker rolled into one.

What you haven't done Greensam is take in to account the opposition. Their midfield four (outnumbered by our five) consisted of a 19 year old debutant, a 20 year old, a 17 year old and their best player, Holmes, who was 27. In fact, Holmes turned Nelson inside out on a number of occasions. Portsmouth were poor and we will face tougher tests but I think you are getting a bit carried away in your analysis.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:57 am

PatDunne wrote:
Add players? Brent wont even spend £900 on cameras! Wasn't there going to be an announcement regarding the stand at the end of October? Methinks Tudor is having second thoughts.......

Tudor was at the game he isnt going to show any bottle that would be in the interests of plymouth where brent is concerned.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 12:37 pm

I get your point angry but Tudor has an election to loose coming up, cuts in frontline services, new stand for Argyle (I am aware capital expenditure can be funded by low interest rate borrowing by PCC) But it wont read well to the voters, the vast majority of whom are not interested in football.....
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 12:42 pm

I had a choice yesterday, go to the game and give Brent my £22.50, or go to the Walkabout and give them my money.

No contest really, twas the Walkabout that won the day.

Argyle looked good on tv and a 3-0 win over a shocking looking Portsmouth side was a fair result.

Last edited by VillageGreen on Sun Nov 16, 2014 1:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 12:45 pm

Rollo Tomasi wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Anthony O'Connor today produced what I think is the best individual performance from an Argyle player all season. He won just about every single tackle he committed to and started so much of our possession play off. He just bossed the game in every way possible- won the ball from people's feet and then crisply got our attacks going from the start to the end. It was the textbook performance for a 'sitting' defensive midfielder. Absolutely textbook. Equally fantastic was Lee Cox. For all that O'Connor does tackling-wise, Cox does an equal amount with his interceptions which is far more in the way of the invisible, unnoticed stuff than the more obvious tackles that O'Connor produces. I don't necessarily agree that Cox lingers too long unnecessarily with the ball either. I think he waits for someone to get into the right amount of space and then plays a great pass rather than a simple but immediate one. Both of them have one thing in common though and that's that they read the game in front of them sublimely. Blizzard did very well too- probably the weakest of the three but far from a passengers in my view. Played the link man between the midfield and the attack very well.

A special note for the wing-backs too. I've been a bit critical of one of them recently but make no mistake about it: Andy Kellett absolutely arrived today. After being a bit iffy defensively of late he showed a really good attitude and dedication/commitment to learn. He got up and down the line a lot better (rather than just down it). He barely made a defensive mistake all day and was as ever an absolute livewire going forward. That was the game more than any that he really made his mark and well played to him. Mellor was even better. Involved with two of the goals and he also rarely put a defensive foot wrong as ever. Full-back and playmaker rolled into one.

What you haven't done Greensam is take in to account the opposition. Their midfield four (outnumbered by our five) consisted of a 19 year old debutant, a 20 year old, a 17 year old and their best player, Holmes, who was 27. In fact, Holmes turned Nelson inside out on a number of occasions. Portsmouth were poor and we will face tougher tests but I think you are getting a bit carried away in your analysis.

Is that what you call getting a couple of hopeful long punted crosses in?

Turning a defender 'inside out' is what Mellor and Alessandra did to Portsmouth's left flank - getting in the box, at the front post, feigning one way and going the other, winning penalties and teeing up goals.

When did Holmes ever get close to doing that? Terrific player at this level though but he hardly got the better of Nelson.
Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 1:08 pm

Here is the view from Pompey on the game yesterday...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 3:30 pm

Angry wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
Royal Marine band excellent, minutes silence impeccable, Argyle angels embarrassing FCOL.
Very good 1st half won us the game, Pompey rarely threatened and when they did they didn't really trouble Luke. Special praise for Kellett and Mellor as wingbacks and Lewi and Reid up top. Also a decent display from McHugh who looks a quality CB. 2nd half less spactacular but we'd already destroyed Pompey in the 1st so didn't need to be too gung ho, hit the bar(smalley I think) and post(Smalley defo) but apart from that saw the game out in a very comfortable fashion. Portsmouth were shite and on that performance will be lucky to finish in the top half. Sherries green dream machine up to 4th cheers  3 beers for breakfast and a couple more now before the England game, so far a thoroughly enjoyable day drunken

Where were you sat too as where i was no one heard them?

As for the Argyle Angels they are getting worse every game and i cant phantom why the club insists on keeping them when no one bothers to react to them defeating the whole point in having cheerleaders. They dont have to be Dallas Cowboys standard of cheerleaders but at least come up with something new every home game otherwise you may aswell go and joing the fanfests and wear uniforms that are more fitting than skin tight football shirts.
The Argyle Angels are one of many cringingly shit brent argyle things that need to be binned like forza merde. Did anyone sing play up Pompey for The The?
Back to top Go down
PlymptonPilgrim
Admin
PlymptonPilgrim

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 4:46 pm

Greenskin wrote:
PlymptonPilgrim wrote:
Quote :
Quote :
The big test for the Brent regime will come in January-if players such as Reid and Nelson are not sold and any players that the manager feels are needed for the post Christmas push are signed, then I guess the serious intent of the club to make on field progress must be acknowledged.Things on the pitch are rather pleasurable at the moment and it would be just plain silly to deny that this area has improved dramatically firstly since the Brent takeover and secondly since the appointment of Sheridan-it would not be stretching possibilities to state that Argyle may well have been out of this division already had he taken over in the summer of 2012 instead of the perseverance with the out of his depth Fletcher, although i must be honest in admitting that i thought Fletcher deserved a shot after the previous seasons escape.
revised plans take? Should Argyle end up with an adequate capacity stand [21000 total, with scope to add IMHO] and extraneous facilities
Off the field it's a bit of a different matter. Has the infrastructure of the club improved in any way since the Brent takeover? Certainly on the face of it, the answer would appear to be no and that is an area of concern because as we all know, the infrastructure was inadequate for the championship last time and would be even more so now should the club make significant on field progress. Many of us felt that the HHP plans were not weighted in favour of Argyle as a football club and are glad to see that they are dead in the water-question is what form will any which would truly benefit Argyle ,then i would take my hat off to JB and say that his involvement with the club has been very much for the good. Will it happen? That's the crux of the matter-too many doubts given his involvement in so many projects which appear to have totally stalled and is the area where so many supporters have strong reservations. The stand and all the facilities within it and the training ground are in urgent need of a major upgrades and it's only when action has been taken to address these issues in the long term will i be a confirmed James Brent fan.Argyle has been a club built on sand for far too long and it seems as if a great opportunity to put the situation right is presently sclerotic, we will see what the next year or so brings

Yep, pretty much sums it up. Keep all players, add one or two, come out with plans for a decent size stand.

Not difficult is it? If you're a fan that is.

How's the back John?

Better thanks Garry,went to the physio last week and got pulled around a bit and i must say it led to a big improvement.Stuffed myself up with tablets yesterday and played in the club tournament,got round the course for 31 points which i was very pleased with under the circumstances-started to hit the ball much better on the second half. More physio on Tuesday and hopefully things will continue to look up.The course is starting to get very soggy,the next item on the improvement list should be some tee mats for the holes on the lower half-don't like playing off them as a rule but they would be better than trying to find a spot where it's actually possible to even stand.Bet you don't have such problems in sunny Espana!

No such problems, the Spanish don't have a word for soggy! Played in tee shirt and shorts again today.

Good about the back - need you fit for the next Sparkwell - Hurdwick head to head.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 8:10 pm

I see Excretia scraped a 2 - 2 draw at Newport this afternoon, that keeps them both nicely at arms length from us. Another draw tomorrow between Wycombe and Burton will see us remain in 4th spot. Exciting innit jocolor
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 7:29 pm

jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor Geddon bhey #thumbsup

parteeeeee party animal :greenrave: chickendance
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 7:34 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor jocolor Geddon bhey #thumbsup

parteeeeee party animal :greenrave: chickendance

just for him as he is clearly lacking a woman in his life, here is jiggly woman

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 7:38 pm

Dear God. He has to be the first person I've ever known to openly admit he drinks Carling.
Back to top Go down
AstiSpumante

AstiSpumante

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 7:42 pm

Another great set from Rick 'n' Dave................Lennon and McCartney janner style !!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 7:51 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Another great set from Rick 'n' Dave................Lennon and McCartney janner style !!

Punch Drunk is also a big fan of Rick 'n' Dave.jocolor
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 8:01 pm

Dear oh dear, last week he was turning his house into an Argyle themed pleasure palace, I hear it's all coming together nicely jocolor geek
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 8:06 pm

Les Miserable wrote:
Dear oh dear, last week he was turning his house into an Argyle themed pleasure palace, I hear it's all coming together nicely jocolor geek

North Devon is real Deliverance country, i bet he plays the Banjo👅tongue
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 8:12 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

Where is Punchie these days? He doesn't seem to have been posting much lately-have i missed a flounce or zummat?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 8:29 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:

same shit different day
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 8:46 pm

Angry wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

same shit different day
Bit like your posts really cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 8:50 pm

Fight fight fight
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 9:14 pm

Greenskin wrote:
sufferedsince 68 wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

Where is Punchie these days? He doesn't seem to have been posting much lately-have i missed a flounce or zummat?

mapperely darling has disappeared too !
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 9:18 pm

tigertony wrote:
Angry wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:

same shit different day
Bit like your posts really cheers

now whos being doom and gloom
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 8:13 am

VillageGreen wrote:

They'll probably buy Reid off us January
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 18, 2014 9:30 am

Freathy wrote:
VillageGreen wrote:

They'll probably buy Reid off us January

Nothing wrong with the self sustainable model, Sad Act. The reluctant one is happy. His jamboys are happy if he's happy and the lesser tent dwelling bucket rattlers are happy too, with their time in the spotlight. Fanfests Forever ! ?................ jocolor

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Portsmouth   Portsmouth - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

Portsmouth
Page 5 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next