zyph
Czarcasm
Chingers
Cornish Chris
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Feb 20, 2015 9:00 pm

AstiSpumante wrote:
Orkwood T Watt wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Recycle all your self destructing crap by throwing it back through the shop window from where you bought it, I'm going to call it horizontal side cycling.

Have you joined the Cornish liberation front or something? You're so anti everything these days. laugh Actually, I'd like to throw my shite laptop back through 'Comet's' window - if they still existed! Laughing

BTW, Asti - don't do a Newell and join the Apple bandwagon. I think they're worth enough as it is (£7.2billion). Lenovo, or as Czarcy says, Acer, are decent mid-range machines. Unless that is you fancy a go at Apples OS.

Overpriced I'd say Ork, they may be good quality but £1200 or £1300, feck that, a good £500 of that is just for the Apple logo I reckon, a sort of deluded status symbol. This new Acer machine seems good so far and like Czar I've stuck with windows 7, it works well for me and when I saw windows 8 on someone elses machine I didn't like the look of it. As for the Apple OS, I wouldn't know where to start with it, is it totally different from the Windows OS ?

Windows 8, is imho, shite. Windows 7 was the best thing to come out of Redmond VA. The last laptop with W8 installed lasted a week before I sent it back. I then wen tonto a site where you have the option to buy a lappy with the OS (within reason) of your choice. I opted for a new high spec Lenovo with W7 installed. Happy days.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 2:49 am

Wayne's Bar and Bistro is on the A303, in the 1970 's was it named the frying pan?

I asked because I see the SG are stopping there on the way to Portsmouth.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 8:19 pm

Isn't 'Lenovo' the old IBM or summat?
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 8:42 pm

hippo wrote:
Correct√
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 8:46 pm

Orkwood T Watt wrote:
AstiSpumante wrote:
Orkwood T Watt wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Recycle all your self destructing crap by throwing it back through the shop window from where you bought it, I'm going to call it horizontal side cycling.

Have you joined the Cornish liberation front or something? You're so anti everything these days. laugh Actually, I'd like to throw my shite laptop back through 'Comet's' window - if they still existed! Laughing

BTW, Asti - don't do a Newell and join the Apple bandwagon. I think they're worth enough as it is (£7.2billion). Lenovo, or as Czarcy says, Acer, are decent mid-range machines. Unless that is you fancy a go at Apples OS.

Overpriced I'd say Ork, they may be good quality but £1200 or £1300, feck that, a good £500 of that is just for the Apple logo I reckon, a sort of deluded status symbol. This new Acer machine seems good so far and like Czar I've stuck with windows 7, it works well for me and when I saw windows 8 on someone elses machine I didn't like the look of it. As for the Apple OS, I wouldn't know where to start with it, is it totally different from the Windows OS ?

Windows 8, is imho, shite. Windows 7 was the best thing to come out of Redmond VA. The last laptop with W8 installed lasted a week before I sent it back. I then wen tonto a site where you have the option to buy a lappy with the OS (within reason) of your choice. I opted for a new high spec  Lenovo with W7 installed. Happy da
windows 8 was brought out for touch screen laptops did not work well on normal laptop
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Feb 23, 2015 8:54 pm

Tgwu wrote:
hippo wrote:
Correct√

Woohoo can I go to the top of the class? Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 7:31 am

Just cremated another mouse in the woodburner (it was dead in trap) feckin loads of them this year.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 8:18 am

hippo wrote:
Tgwu wrote:
hippo wrote:
Correct√

Woohoo can I go to the top of the class? Smile

IBM.......cutting edge technology.....well in the 1960's anyway........my firm (engineering about a 1000 staff) installed a room size IBM computer....so they could track each job component as it went through production.....each department had a slot punching machine.....you would punched the job card when you started and punched it again when you had completed your task.

Before this "computer" was installed job cards where controlled by a small office of 6/8 staff.....after the "computer" department was installed it had grown to a very large office of at least fifty staff.....unbelievable by todays computer standards.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2015 7:18 pm

Off for a bath and have back washed.
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyFri Feb 27, 2015 8:05 pm

After a few taster sips over winter had been concerned that last autumn's scrumpy crop was too smooth to have a bite.

After a pint and a half it's fair to say Rattler has bite of a goldfish in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 5:38 pm

Got a lovely bit of smoked cod loin from the fresh fish counter at Morrisons earlier. (Half price)

I'm now thinking about which day to stink the house out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 5:43 pm

the dog tried to hump my leg earlier
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 9:13 am

alannotivvy wrote:
the dog tried to hump my leg earlier

That's more sexual attention than most of us will see today, lucky bastard.

Today I am re building the engine on my small chainsaw, the big chainsaw had a re build about four months ago. Mad
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 9:51 am

Couple years ago I made the schoolboy error of buying an electric chainsaw after my petrol one gave up the ghost. It was like trying to cut logs with an oversized bread knife. Completely useless. So I hatched a plan. I managed to wedge a couple of bits of wood on the trigger and safety button to jam the motor on. My plan was to burn the motor out then claim on the guarantee.

It ran for fooking hours before I decided I'd pissed the neighbours off enough, and I threw it in the bin.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 12:03 pm

Been to Church this morning.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 1:12 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Been to Church this morning.

Lifting the lead off the roof were you.....didn't think there was much of it about anymore....... red card
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 2:44 pm

Got the Kids to do it. I'm not good with heights!

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 10:18 am

The engine on the saw is fine, just a niggling carb problem it would seem, carburetor repair kit needed less than twenty quid against about a oner for a piston and cylinder.
Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 11:34 am

Overslept and missed my first lesson of the day. Sad
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 12:45 pm

Hope you had a good meal with that cider Josh! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Josh Pope

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 2:39 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
Hope you had a good meal with that cider Josh! Very Happy

lol!
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 8:53 pm

I can't wait for the live draw on BBC for the FA Cup final - so excited.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 6:11 pm

Off for a few days, Bristol and Weston Super Mare.
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptyWed Mar 11, 2015 10:36 am

Yesterday two young and attractive blonde women, came to my house, removed some of my clothing and had their way with me. Or to put it another way the Podiatrist came and cut my toe nails and had a trainee with her.
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 7:55 pm

Made some pasties this afternoon. Started eating them this evening.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 22 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 22 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next