zyph
Czarcasm
Chingers
Cornish Chris
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage

Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 8:54 am

Went to the doctors today..unfortunately the appointment aint until tomorrow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 11:35 am

I hope you're still ill tomorrow Al.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 11:36 am

Rebuilding the water pump on my tractor for what I hope is the third and final time, did the steering column bearing yesterday and it turns like a rolls Royce now.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 11:37 am

Czarcasm wrote:
Always exceptions, but as a general rule of thumb you lessen your chance of car problems with either German or Japanese engineering.

Then the obvious one of course - buy a French car, and you deserve all that comes your way.

To be fair, my '05 Peugeot 206 has done about 45,000 trouble-free miles since its last service. Touch wood etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 3:15 pm

Had a couple of puggys, 504 estate with seven seats was like a poor mans Volvo. A very poor mans Volvo. Bastard to work on, can't remember but I think it was the water pump bearing that you had to dismantle, whell. Wheel arch, out with the serpentine belt, alternator, looked like a car crash. Thinking about it it was the belt tensioner.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2015 3:17 pm

Been out cutting firewood with my youngest bhey done real well and got a load in the shed and another smaller load cut up and tarped. Today is the sort of day when people tell you that you are lucky to live in the country and they are right. Mind you I never see them when I'm repairing a fence in the hail and rain like I did the other day.
Glorious Devon. sunny
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptySat Jan 24, 2015 10:25 pm

Blackburn - Swansea
Cardiff - Reading
Chelsea - Bradford
Man City - Middlesbrough
Tottenham - Leicester

Some chap up country put £10 acc on ALL the teams from lower leagues to win.
£1 million later - WTF!
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 12:32 am

Paperwork all fooking afternoon.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 3:49 pm

4 new tyres on 'IT'!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 5:01 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
4 new tyres on 'IT'!

That's doubled it's value....... raised eyebrow
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 9:18 pm

Had/having a great day/weekend. A right royal piss-up down at the Union in Saltash watching 'The Jack' last night. Doggy walking on Dartmoor today, nice dinner at mums, home for cheese and bacon crusty rolls, followed by Tia Maria and amaretto ice cream - now on the Stella and JD Honey watching Credence Clearwater Revival, recorded on Sky Arts HD ages ago - I forgot all about it!!

Coincidently, I haven't even given Argo a second thought this weekend - I found that quite refreshing.

Sometimes life's good. What a Face
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 11:09 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
4 new tyres on 'IT'!

Be careful not to park near any old pallets.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptySun Jan 25, 2015 11:26 pm

No chance the wife is driving 'IT' now.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 12:46 pm

I was lucky enough to visit Taunton service station (south bound) last night for a burger, whilst there I learned via the medium of television screen advertising in the Maccy D's that you can pay for your Dartford crossing via your debit card. Wasn't sure whether to post it here or whether it deserves it's own thread?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 1:31 pm

Iggy wrote:
I was lucky enough to visit Taunton service station (south bound) last night for a burger, whilst there I learned via the medium of television screen advertising in the Maccy D's that you can pay for your Dartford crossing via your debit card. Wasn't sure whether to post it here or whether it deserves it's own thread?

You can pre-pay and have credit as well.........how many times have we paid for that crossing to be built......just keeps on taking.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 2:03 pm

On a similar note, when I finally get round to topping up my Tamar Tag with £20, I'll only have £15.20 credit.
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 2:07 pm

Tolls of any kind are a tax on the poor, it's so unfair Sad let's revolt!
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 6:33 pm

Not convinced at all by salted caramel.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptyWed Jan 28, 2015 6:34 pm

tigertony wrote:
Blackburn - Swansea
Cardiff - Reading
Chelsea - Bradford
Man City - Middlesbrough
Tottenham - Leicester

Some chap up country put £10 acc on ALL the teams from lower leagues to win.
£1 million later - WTF!

Leicester City in mid-season relegation shock?
Back to top Go down
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 7:21 am

zyph wrote:
Iggy wrote:

You can pre-pay and have credit as well.........how many times have we paid for that crossing to be built......just keeps on taking.

We went over there the other week, as we didn't want to pay by card or phone, we stopped at the first northbound services hoping to find a 'selected retail outlet' to pay by cash. No such place at the service station. Joined up thinking or what.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 8:34 am

Just eaten some left over mashed potato fried in two little cakes with two fresh fried pullet eggs on top, mmmmm.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 10:58 am

Working from home today, so cheese (extra mature cheddar and goat's cheese) and green pesto on toast for lunch today, I reckon.
Back to top Go down
Chingers

Chingers

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 3:50 pm

Drove a BMW i8 on Monday (not mundane). When I say drove I mean I moved it from one parking space to another within about 10 meters (mundane). Last Friday I drove a brand new BMW M5 from Enfield into Central London. Average speed was 6 miles per hour. The sound system was good though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.haleendafc.co.uk
hippo

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptyThu Jan 29, 2015 8:42 pm

Watched 'Essex boys' tonight, the Dartford crossing was on there and a Luton van similar to what we drive. In other news, no frost this morning, it rained instead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 EmptyFri Jan 30, 2015 9:26 am

MAHOOSIVE thunderstorm last night with Rain, sleet, snow, mud, shite, frogs and some whitebait thrown in, proper rough. At the moment it's alternating between being a nice day and a horrible one about every three minutes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Peggy's Mundane Thread   Peggy's Mundane Thread - Page 19 Empty

Back to top Go down

Peggy's Mundane Thread
Page 19 of 40Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 29 ... 40  Next