green_genie
tigertony
PatDunne
Tgwu
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage

oldway update - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyThu Oct 20, 2016 3:52 pm

People like him are owners/ce's of several businesses which the likes of you and I probably buy from every week.
Ole Dawson practically buys all his stock from China, cheap labour, sweat shops etc but most appear to laud him, in fact some, including me would love him to buy Argyle, so it appears double standards all round
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 12:27 am

Graiser wrote:
Bend it how you like, that's not what I wrote, all business's know there way around the "system" and it's not exclusive to Brent, I know a business owner whose arranged debentures with the intention of liquidating one his companies to ensure he gets first dibs on cash above any creditors or any of his employees, while the business rules are as they are any business person will try their hand, Brent is one of thousands.

If that squares it in your mind then fine. But please don't expect everyone to be ok with it. People will continue to point this out.

BTW do you think what those 70s celebs got up to was fine because everyone was at it?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 8:17 am

charleymouse wrote:
Graiser wrote:
Bend it how you like, that's not what I wrote, all business's know there way around the "system" and it's not exclusive to Brent, I know a business owner whose arranged debentures with the intention of liquidating one his companies to ensure he gets first dibs on cash above any creditors or any of his employees, while the business rules are as they are any business person will try their hand, Brent is one of thousands.

If that squares it in your mind then fine. But please don't expect everyone to be ok with it. People will continue to point this out.

BTW do you think what those 70s celebs got up to was fine because everyone was at it?

I'm not about forcing an opinion, actually I'm not ok with it, but the business "rules" that are in place are exploited by all businesses, it's not a Brent exclusive, the real problem is that those that make the rules get the benefits and most of us have double standards without realising it.

Not sure what the 70's celeb thing your referring to is about so can't respond
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 6:43 pm

Graiser wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
Graiser wrote:

I'm not about forcing an opinion, actually I'm not ok with it, but the business "rules" that are in place are exploited by all businesses, it's not a Brent exclusive, the real problem is that those that make the rules get the benefits and most of us have double standards without realising it.

lol!

Now then, now then.

Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 6:55 pm

He ain't got a didgeri.
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 8:36 pm

charleymouse wrote:
Graiser wrote:

It could be me but I understand what Graiser beh is saying. Business owners use legal ways to bypass rules and procedures and when the legal way is in the open then the rules get changed. Then the accountants and wide boys get digging for another loophole. I'm pretty certain that any business person who is considering buying Argyle has, at some stage, used loopholes to avoid handing over cash. Doesn't make it right but it's legal.
To be absolutely honest I don't give a pigs ear about Oldway.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyFri Oct 21, 2016 9:55 pm

Czarcasm wrote:
Graiser wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
Graiser wrote:

lol!

Now then, now then.

I see, well trying to keep to the OP, what the feck that's got to with Oldway Christ knows
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptySat Oct 22, 2016 3:37 pm

Graiser wrote:
Czarcasm wrote:
Graiser wrote:
charleymouse wrote:
Graiser wrote:

lol!

Now then, now then.

I see, well trying to keep to the OP, what the feck that's got to with Oldway Christ knows

The comparison was really pretty obvious, but not much point pursuing the 'discussion' when any excuse will be made to make Brent appear better than he is. Any excuse to justify. Any old excuse to stick to precisely the same view you have decided to angrily maintain whatever happens. And that makes any dialogue with you pointless.

I'm not sure that anyone has suggested that JB is the only businessman to have used ruses and loopholes. However, given the responsibilities he has been given by public authorities, I feel that it is pretty serious and shouldn't be dismissed as 'oh, everyone does it'.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyWed Jan 03, 2018 11:29 pm

What does 2018 hold for Devon's crumbling 'Versailles' mansion

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 12:20 am

Tgwu wrote:
What does 2018 hold for Devon's crumbling 'Versailles' mansion

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Err, more crumble?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 7:35 am

How about spending millions of tax payers money on it then giving it away for nothing to a rich man ? That would have legs. I'm sure there's a rich man looking for a fully renovated free mansion.

In the old days after WW2 the National Trust would have taken on this building, and most would argue they've done a fantastic job in the last 70 years barring a few niggles. Nowadays they've been infiltrated and pass rigged votes to bring back hunting on their land. Consequently, they haven't the money as government casts them adrift and members like me have told them to stick their membership until they reverse their vote on hunting. We're infinitely richer per capita these days but are told we are broke. Oh yeah. Right.

Like it or not, assets like these are what the usual suspects have their eyes on once again, but they don't want to share them with the public. It's a total waste of time asking capital endowed individuals to come up with a solution.
The ongoing threat also applies to the coastline and the SW coast path as anyone knows who has recently tried to access the full Looe to Polperro path. I'll be long gone, but I just wonder why more people aren't enraged as their children's inheritance and future quality of life is systemically pilfered. A case of god bless the squire I suppose, the sort of "good luck to 'im" attitude unsurprisingly displayed by the likes of Graiser the doffer on this thread.
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyThu Jan 04, 2018 8:29 am

Football, beer, x factor, bakeoff, strickly, - opium for the masses, the proles are content......
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 9:19 pm

Looks like someone may have been trying a similar ruse as the squire up in scotland. Has a bit of a familiar ring, permission to turn listed building into "hotel" and other buildings projects, but it all hits the rocks.

BBC report on Scottish castle
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyMon Jan 08, 2018 10:06 pm

PatDunne wrote:
Football, beer, x factor, bakeoff, strickly, - opium for the masses, the proles are content......

laugh .......
Back to top Go down
Peggy

Peggy

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 10:24 am

Well well well. It's in the top ten: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 10:56 am

If only there was a reluctant saviour...
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 1:15 pm

beesrus wrote:
How about spending millions of tax payers money on it then giving it away for nothing to a rich man ? That would have legs. I'm sure there's a rich man looking for a fully renovated free mansion.

In the old days after WW2 the National Trust would have taken on this building, and most would argue they've done a fantastic job in the last 70 years barring a few niggles. Nowadays they've been infiltrated and pass rigged votes to bring back hunting on their land. Consequently, they haven't the money as government casts them adrift and members like me have told them to stick their membership until they reverse their vote on hunting. We're infinitely richer per capita these days but are told we are broke. Oh yeah. Right.

Like it or not, assets like these are what the usual suspects have their eyes on once again, but they don't want to share them with the public. It's a total waste of time asking capital endowed individuals to come up with a solution.
The ongoing threat also applies to the coastline and the SW coast path as anyone knows who has recently tried to access the full Looe to Polperro path. I'll be long gone, but I just wonder why more people aren't enraged as their children's inheritance and future quality of life is systemically pilfered. A case of god bless the squire I suppose, the sort of "good luck to 'im" attitude unsurprisingly displayed by the likes of Graiser the doffer on this thread.

But why shouldn't people carry out the legal pursuit of trail hunting on Trust land Bees? Fox hunting with hounds is illegal and has never been reinstated on Trust lands.
Back to top Go down
Big Robby

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 1:48 pm

Earwegoagain wrote:
beesrus wrote:

But why shouldn't people carry out the legal pursuit of trail hunting on Trust land Bees? Fox hunting with hounds is illegal and has never been reinstated on Trust lands.

Probably because there is still hunting of foxes going on under guise of trail hunting. Anyone who denies that is a total prick
Back to top Go down
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 1:59 pm

The smelly gingers are a pest and pretty much good for nothing in an ecological sense, not a fan of anything being ripped to death by dogs though, a bullet would suffice.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 2:37 pm

Good fer nuthin? Howabait keeping the populations of rabbits dain?
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Les Miserable

Les Miserable

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyWed Sep 12, 2018 2:48 pm

Most wabbits are taken by birds of pwey bhey.
Back to top Go down
Earwegoagain

Earwegoagain

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 EmptyThu Sep 13, 2018 2:47 pm

Big Robby wrote:
Earwegoagain wrote:
beesrus wrote:

Probably because there is still hunting of foxes going on under guise of trail hunting. Anyone who denies that is a total prick

No you couldn't deny that some fox hunting goes on under the guise of trail hunting but referring back to my original point the Trust voted on trail hunting and not illegal hunting. You can keep yer prick to yerself. I used to love a bit of fox hunting but as I like to keep to the right side of the law I just snare the fookers now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: oldway update   oldway update - Page 10 Empty

Back to top Go down

oldway update
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10