Charlie Wood
seadog
Chemical Ali
Dingle
44 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage

The Chris Webb - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 8:49 am

You could be forgiven in thinking that was written by Brent.
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 10:12 am

Oh dear - my comment was removed from the Herald and my account has been disabled.  It was not libellous or anything and I wonder why this rubbishy rag seeks to protect Mr Webb in the way that it does.  He must have some friends in high places here too.  Quite how he manages to endear himself in the way he does is beyond me (edited to correct spelling mistake - doh)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 11:36 am

mannameadbabe wrote:
Oh dear - my comment was removed from the Herald and my account has been disabled.  It was not libellous or anything and I wonder why this rubbishy rag seeks to protect Mr Webb in the way that it does.  He must have some friends in high places here too.  Quite how he manages to endear himself in the way he does is beyond me (edited to correct spelling mistake - doh)

Initially I would have explained it due to the fact that the Herald are scared of upsetting PAFC and Brent. They are totally reliant on the goodwill of the club to allow access on matchdays, access to the manager and players and anything that they can print to fill up space in their awful excuse of a newspaper.

But what is strange is the fact that they have allowed some harsh criticism of Brent in the comments section on other stories. If they were that worried about upsetting him they would have got rid of that as well.

Its important not to forget that Webb is a sly bastard who is only in this for himself. Webb is too thin skinned to take any criticism whatsoever, so I imagine he has told the editors that any negative comments are just coming from trolls/freaks/weirdos/libelous websites*

I would imagine that he is sat with his fellow Greenmen watching every comment and making a complaint if it doesn't meet his approval.

(*delete as appropriate).
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 1:21 pm

There is clearly something very wrong at the Herald. The removal of comments and cancelling of accounts without explanation are as outrageous as they are sinister. Free speech, my arse !

I wonder if the corruption goes all the way to the top ?
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 1:47 pm

Well one thing's for sure - Chris Webb is evidently far better at licking bottoms than he is at writing newspaper articles lol!
Back to top Go down
PatDunne

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 2:47 pm

Can i lick yo......i'll stop there Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 3:15 pm

What is strange is my comment on the Herald page is nothing but criticism of Webb and yet it has been allowed to remain. Perhaps even the Herald can see that it's true.
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 3:25 pm

PatDunne wrote:

Nice to see the latest avatar Very Happy
Back to top Go down
shonbo

shonbo

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 4:25 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
PatDunne wrote:

Nice to see the latest avatar Very Happy

tongue Thumbs sorry
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 4:40 pm

mannameadbabe wrote:

You don't even live in Plymouth, deleted due to locality, northern scum. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 4:51 pm

The irony is what struck me. This is the same Webb who since being bestowed the Presidency of our club has used the position on countless occasions to promote himself and his future political aspirations by cottoning on to every publicity chance going. Bronze postboxes anyone?, as he jumped on the Olympic gold bandwagon and the girl was Lithuanian, not even English never mind a Janner. The same Webb who uses the derided Ridsdale to provide a testimonial on his website, using his football connections but with a disgraced, banned from being a company director Ridsdae of all people.
Back to top Go down
mannameadbabe

mannameadbabe

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 5:08 pm

Iggy wrote:
mannameadbabe wrote:

You don't even live in Plymouth, deleted due to locality, northern scum. Very Happy

Yes - no more Fortescue....... but a monthly water rates payment of £9 does it for me Iggy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 5:13 pm

hows the outside bog?
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 6:51 pm

mannameadbabe wrote:
Iggy wrote:
mannameadbabe wrote:

Yes - no more Fortescue.......  but a monthly water rates payment of £9 does it for me Iggy.

I was going to suggest you updated your username to reflect move, but maybe not best idea.....

Hope it's all working out well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyFri Nov 07, 2014 9:22 pm

Tringreen wrote:
There is clearly something very wrong at the Herald. The removal of comments and cancelling of accounts without explanation are as outrageous as they are sinister. Free speech, my arse !

I wonder if the corruption goes all the way to the top ?

No doubt about it.

Brown envelopes go far these days it seems.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptySun Nov 09, 2014 10:20 am

I see that Yasuhiko Okudera's replacement has completed three years in the job.....did anyone get an invite to the party.....assuming that there was one ?
Back to top Go down
green_genie

green_genie

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:35 am

Presume the Plymothians includes you exiles, so in the interests of ensuring a wide ranging demographic.

Chris Webb wrote:
Hi All

I hope everyone is well. I am looking forward to the trip up to Coventry tonight but before that I am looking for some assistance from the pasoti machine!!

I have put together a survey for Plymothians. I have named it The Peoples Plymouth.

I am fed up with the petty politics and the small time attitude. I am also fed up with the people of the City having no say in its direction.

On that basis I have put together a survey. This will run online but also in paper format (I will be standing in the town centre etc).

The idea is to collate the results in the New Year and then use them to set up specific campaigns around the City including transport, culture etc.

Anyhow if you could take 5 mins to fill out the survey (link below) and send it to all your friends and families that would be fantastic.

<< Online Survey Link >>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 11:47 am

It seems to me that someone is making a play to become Mayor of Plymouth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:15 pm

Another Argyle first and probably world first an ONLINE mayor! Chris seriously mate, with your past and your associates? Mayor? Do me a feckin favour.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:19 pm

On second thoughts it would perfect sense for the crap banker to have his chief patsy in a real position of power, imagine the favours that could be done. It's why I hate all this extra level of politics that these new mayors will bring to the country.it will be a breeding ground for dodgy dealings, we are about a decade away from a New York or San Francisco type corruption scandal. I'm amazed that someone who is so against petty politics gets so involved in them.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:31 pm

Don't fink ee knows ow to use apostrophes iver........................ gettin desperate fer a gig Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:41 pm

Frank Bullitt wrote:
It seems to me that someone is making a play to become Mayor of Plymouth.

Quote : Would you support an Elected Mayor with devolved powers from Westminster, as seen in Cities such as Bristol or Liverpool?

and........ Welcome to the biggest-ever survey of Public Opinion in our wonderful City of Plymouth. Argyle President, Plymouth Herald Columnist and (in)famous Janner Chris Webb wants to know what you think.

Nauseatingly obvious and he's calling on his Windsor Boy partner in crime to get the ball rolling.................... scheming, self promoting but ultimately fick.

Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:43 pm

On the same site as Webb's survey:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/blog/en/blog/2012/04/12/good-surveys-and-bad-surveys/

Loaded questions, nonsense, poor grammar, not enough choices.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:43 pm

At the end of the survey there is a warning that the site is unsafe, so I deleted the survey. Some of the questions could have more than one answer. There were no references to the environment what so ever, which in this part of the world is extremely important in my view.

The survey isn't very wide ranging and some of the questions would affect the people of the rest of South Devon as much as the people of Plymouth, and in many cases much more.

One question deals with transportation links between Plymouth and Exeter airport. Whether you call the airport Exeter or Devon airport is totally immaterial and is playing at petty politics but high speed rail and road links between Plymouth and the airport and abandoning any dreams of another airport close enough to Plymouth to be worth opening does have some merit.

As for a Mayor of Plymouth? That's the last thing Plymouth needs. Too much power in the hands of one man or woman is dangerous in my opinion. He says he's fed up with petty politics yet any vote for a Mayor is bound to be dominated by the main political parties. You just as well call Tudor Evans or Vivian Pengelly the Mayor. A mayor of Plymouth is going to have no more influence when lobbying the government and Devon County Council for the improvements in transport infrastructure than the leader of Plymouth City Council is going to have. A Mayor is just another highly paid job the taxpayer can do with out.

Torbay's Conservative Mayor has just been given a vote of no confidence by his own party, rendering him totally powerless. Taxpayers money going on a Mayor in name only.

Look at the total failure of the Police Commissioners to gain the respect and interest of the electorate. Another total waste of money.

Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 EmptyWed Nov 12, 2014 12:51 pm

Yeah but Where's Webby is an honest, self effacing, inspirational leader of janners Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Chris Webb   The Chris Webb - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Chris Webb
Page 5 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 15  Next