Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

England on the move

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

England on the move  Empty
PostSubject: England on the move    England on the move  EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 9:53 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The FA state they would be happy to vacate the national stadium for an NFL franchise (8 games a year max) in 2018 and return to playing at old trafford and other stadiums in the north of england.

While i feel england should play around the country for friendlies when they know they wont sell out wembley i dont feel its right to vacate wembley totally for the nfl.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England on the move    England on the move  EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 11:04 am

i cant imagine England would vacate completely, surely the big games, Brazil,Germany etc would still be held there
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: England on the move    England on the move  EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 8:50 am

They're desperate for NFL money.....remember Wembley cost far too much to build and this could bring in some big money to help pay the hugh debt that they ended up with.
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: England on the move    England on the move  EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 9:01 am

I'll never understand why Wembley was rebuilt. What was wrong with Old Trafford/Villa Park/Emirates/St James's Park (the real one)/CoMStad/Stadium of Light/St Mary's/Hillsborough? And the Millenium Stadium, which worked brilliantly for Cup finals.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: England on the move    England on the move  EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 9:20 am

Maybe England aren't good enough to play at Wembley.

Last night against the lowest ranked country in FIFA.....we had 78% of possession...17 shots on target....16 corners to nil......691 passes to 207.......87% of pass success.....and a measily 5 goals to show for it.......personally just not good enough.

Playing at Premiership grounds with a more enclosed environment might wake them up and remind them that they are only as good as there last result.....if it had been a boxing match we might of been spared a lot of that... if the towel had been thrown in or the referee stopping it.

We have such a small pool of quality players to choose from....thanks to Sky and the Premier league allowing far too many foreign players to participate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: England on the move    England on the move  EmptyFri Oct 10, 2014 1:47 pm

Cornish Chris wrote:
I'll never understand why Wembley was rebuilt. What was wrong with Old Trafford/Villa Park/Emirates/St James's Park (the real one)/CoMStad/Stadium of Light/St Mary's/Hillsborough? And the Millenium Stadium, which worked brilliantly for Cup finals.

Wembley is a far better stadium then all of them although the cost of it was stupid.

Still if the NFL gets their way there will be a return to those places for sure. Which i dont mind so much for meaningless games like friendlies and san marino regardless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: England on the move    England on the move  Empty

Back to top Go down

England on the move
Page 1 of 1