Just back (Swindon)

Go down 
+2
Charlie Wood
seadog
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Just back (Swindon) Empty
PostSubject: Just back (Swindon)   Just back (Swindon) EmptyTue Oct 07, 2014 11:13 pm

And it's finally time to exhale...

Went to the game with the mind-set "this will be a waste of a tenner", was proved wrong, great value for money.

Fantastic to come home from a match and not have a voice, the 2600 or so tonight made more noise than the other home games combined, and yes, the drum certainly helped the atmosphere.

We played well, the 352 gave us width & while we were flowing, we were organised at the same time. I'll give Sheridan credit, he set up superbly.

Thoroughly deserved our HT 3 goal lead, we tore them apart first half, Lewi & Smalley looked a superb pairing. In the second, we lost guts upfront when Smalley came off, Reid looked lethargic, greedy and lazy. They came at us last 20 minutes, I was terrified, silly penalty to give away, then their 2nd came from us losing focus and not closing down. Luke made a truly incredible stop which was celebrated like a goal.

Bring on the 3rd round, I didn't expect to be saying that after tonight.

Sheridan - 8 - Set up very well tonight.

McCormick - 10 - Well, what did he do wrong? Nothing. What did he do right? Everything. 1 superb first half flying save, the save at the death was possibly the best save I've ever seen live.

Mellor - 4 - He started well, but didn't make a great LB when moved, understandably so.

Nelson - 7 - A good solid display.

McHugh - 7 - Now Obvious to me he's a CB and a good one.

Hartley - 9 - Absolutely excellent especially late on.

Thomas - 6 - Looked good in the time he was on at LWB, can only award 6 though as he didn't play for long.

Cox - 5 - I thought he had a good first half but a really shaky second. Guy needs to work on his shooting.

Norburn - 7 - Had a good game and proved me wrong about him being "just ok"

Harvey - 5 - Didn't do a lot wrong but I fail to see what he offered.

Alessandra - 8 - Up until Reid came on he was very good, formed a fine partnership with Smalley. Two great finishes.

Smalley - 8 - Good on him! Has taken a lot of flack but worked hard, was strong, and scored a great goal.

Subs:

O'Connor - 6 - Not great going forward but did what he had to do at the back.

Bentley - N/A - Not on for long enough but made his pro debut so full credit.

Reid - 4 - Hmm. Quite slow, quite greedy, quite lazy in general, lost our threat when he was on.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Swindon)   Just back (Swindon) EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 6:52 am

Cheers Cobi.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Swindon)   Just back (Swindon) EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 8:07 am

seadog wrote:
Cheers Cobi.

At least you could see the floodlights, Mike Very Happy (unless youm home, of course)
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Swindon)   Just back (Swindon) EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 8:52 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
seadog wrote:
Cheers Cobi.

At least you could see the floodlights, Mike Very Happy  (unless youm home, of course)

I hope he is, I was a bit worried when I heard a boat sinking off Portland yesterday, good to hear from him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Swindon)   Just back (Swindon) EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 10:07 am

It was Seadog that dismasted the scurvy dog.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Swindon)   Just back (Swindon) EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 10:53 am

Smalley moved like he was carrying two bags of cement on Saturday, three days later he's a world beater.

Nuts innit.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Swindon)   Just back (Swindon) EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 1:25 pm

Sounds a pretty good example of how useless it is to put too much emphasis on stats

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Swindon)   Just back (Swindon) EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 2:00 pm

I saw that Charlie, they had twenty odd shots on target, Luke is good innum?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Swindon)   Just back (Swindon) EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 3:05 pm

Here are the goals from last night in case anyone hasnt seen them yet! Pity they didnt put McCormicks world class save on this as i want to see it

Back to top Go down
VillageGreen

VillageGreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Swindon)   Just back (Swindon) EmptyWed Oct 08, 2014 3:13 pm

Pitbull wrote:
And it's finally time to exhale...

Went to the game with the mind-set "this will be a waste of a tenner", was proved wrong, great value for money.

Fantastic to come home from a match and not have a voice, the 2600 or so tonight made more noise than the other home games combined, and yes, the drum certainly helped the atmosphere.

We played well, the 352 gave us width & while we were flowing, we were organised at the same time. I'll give Sheridan credit, he set up superbly.

Thoroughly deserved our HT 3 goal lead, we tore them apart first half, Lewi & Smalley looked a superb pairing. In the second, we lost guts upfront when Smalley came off, Reid looked lethargic, greedy and lazy. They came at us last 20 minutes, I was terrified, silly penalty to give away, then their 2nd came from us losing focus and not closing down. Luke made a truly incredible stop which was celebrated like a goal.

Bring on the 3rd round, I didn't expect to be saying that after tonight.

Sheridan - 8 - Set up very well tonight.

McCormick - 10 - Well, what did he do wrong? Nothing. What did he do right? Everything. 1 superb first half flying save, the save at the death was possibly the best save I've ever seen live.

Mellor - 4 - He started well, but didn't make a great LB when moved, understandably so.

Nelson - 7 - A good solid display.

McHugh - 7 - Now Obvious to me he's a CB and a good one.

Hartley - 9 - Absolutely excellent especially late on.

Thomas - 6 - Looked good in the time he was on at LWB, can only award 6 though as he didn't play for long.

Cox - 5 - I thought he had a good first half but a really shaky second. Guy needs to work on his shooting.

Norburn - 7 - Had a good game and proved me wrong about him being "just ok"

Harvey - 5 - Didn't do a lot wrong but I fail to see what he offered.

Alessandra - 8 - Up until Reid came on he was very good, formed a fine partnership with Smalley. Two great finishes.

Smalley - 8 - Good on him! Has taken a lot of flack but worked hard, was strong, and scored a great goal.

Subs:

O'Connor - 6 - Not great going forward but did what he had to do at the back.

Bentley - N/A - Not on for long enough but made his pro debut so full credit.

Reid - 4 - Hmm. Quite slow, quite greedy, quite lazy in general, lost our threat when he was on.

Cheers..

This result will boost the confidence for Saturday.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Swindon)   Just back (Swindon) EmptyThu Oct 09, 2014 1:17 pm

A view from the away end.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Swindon)   Just back (Swindon) Empty

Back to top Go down

Just back (Swindon)
Page 1 of 1