Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The coming seasons...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

The coming seasons... Empty
PostSubject: The coming seasons...   The coming seasons... EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 10:52 pm

I think we can push for promotion next season, maybe just maybe.

Regardless of what people say, we are a big club, we do have high crowds and I dont usually agree with what Steve Clarridge says, but if we get this club going we can do big things, we are a championship club. This is not being cocky about our club, its just how I see us.

With a new owner, who is obviously passionate about argyle doing well, I think we can move forward in the right direction. I think we might need an experienced manager but I suppose Carl Fletcher seems to be improving, I would prefer a new manager though.

January will be an important time for the club, its important we finish in a strong position at the top end of the bottom half, safe from relegation. We need to attract the right players in order to do this. Keeping Purse, Chadwick and Hemmings will also be very important.

Then, in the summer with a bit of investment I am sure the club will be confident of mounting a promotion push, that surely should be the aim.

However remember, teams can still do well without investment. Cheltenham Town hardly spent any money at the start of the season, they were in most peoples bottom 2 predictions, and look how their doing. The same could be said for Accrington and Macclesfield.

I think our team at the moment is good enough to stay in this league but nothing wrong with adding to it in January. However the next pre season will be even more important. And we have to have a well worked out pre season plan, for bringing in players and arranging friendly matches, something we didn't do before the start of this season.

I am confident about the future, its amazing what a difference 4 new guys can make and the back of 1 guy. Brent has been a breath of fresh air, a caring owner. Purse is a leader and a much needed defender. Chadwick is a player who wants to do well for himself and the club, great signing. Hemmings is really one for the future and we have to hang onto him. And the back of Ridsdale can help us move forward in the correct financial direction also.

We need to all get behind the team, the Stourbridge defeat seemed to be the kick up the arse we needed, and perhaps a new era began in the Northampton thumping. 4 games unbeaten, 2 draws and 2 wins, its been a very positive christmas for Argyle. The season starts here.

Lets take it game by game, and concentrate on what our team our doing, not the teams around us yet. Next up is Aldershot, lets all get behind the lads and contribute to a positive and glory filled future.

No 5 year plan, no japanese, no dishonest owners, a decent side, passionate staff. We are a real football club again, ready to move forward, ready to give something back to us fans who have stuck by the team through thick and thin.

A slow and steady game by game process awaits, but we can get back where we belong, in the championship, I just know it. Determination, honesty and support, 3 key factors which we have, and will hopefully continue to have into the future.

Keep your feet on the ground lads, but keep thinking positive and we'll get there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The coming seasons...   The coming seasons... EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 10:57 pm

1 win and this is it.....oh dear, i hope im wrong but if we lose against aldershot and all our rivals win , (as they always do) were fucked again if im much mistaken......i see on Pasoti that were in for the play offs next season .... lol! lol! jocolor jocolor
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The coming seasons...   The coming seasons... EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 10:58 pm

Cobi Budge wrote:
I think we can push for promotion next season, maybe just maybe.

I take it you didn't write this comment at half time Cobi. In fact it was something rather different as I remember
Do your friends call you Windsock ? clown
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The coming seasons...   The coming seasons... EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 11:08 pm

punchdrunk wrote:
1 win and this is it.....oh dear, i hope im wrong but if we lose against aldershot and all our rivals win , (as they always do) were fucked again if im much mistaken......i see on Pasoti that were in for the play offs next season .... lol! lol! jocolor jocolor

No, pasoti are saying we are in for the play offs this season.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The coming seasons...   The coming seasons... EmptyTue Dec 27, 2011 11:20 pm

Cobi Budge wrote:
punchdrunk wrote:

No, pasoti are saying we are in for the play offs this season.

of all the bears in the world
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: The coming seasons...   The coming seasons... EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 5:47 am

we need to focus on staying in the division rather than start dreaming of the next campaign. we face a big scrap to get away from the foot of the table, some sides down there are more experienced in the fight against the drop & win that fight regulary ie barnet, macclesfield. we dont not win relegtion battles we lose them (ie go down).

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The coming seasons...   The coming seasons... EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 6:50 am

dreams and long term ambitions are good, but at the mo we need to survive this season and probably next season too.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: The coming seasons...   The coming seasons... EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 9:19 am

Of course Plymouth is at least a 'Championship' size catchment area. Trouble is, there is no such thing as an established Championship club, as many dimwits, including S tapleton believed last time round. Until a club has enjoyed a decent spell at the top level the fanbase is undeveloped and unless there is adequate investment to retain staff and show real intent, attendances drop away. Not so at clubs with a history. How the Avivas laughed at the demise of Norwich and Southampton, down on the farm, when they were below us in the third tier ! Anyone with a modicum of intelligence knew what would happen next.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The coming seasons...   The coming seasons... EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:14 am

Tringreen wrote:
Of course Plymouth is at least a 'Championship' size catchment area. Trouble is, there is no such thing as an established Championship club, as many dimwits, including S tapleton believed last time round. Until a club has enjoyed a decent spell at the top level the fanbase is undeveloped and unless there is adequate investment to retain staff and show real intent, attendances drop away. Not so at clubs with a history. How the Avivas laughed at the demise of Norwich and Southampton, down on the farm, when they were below us in the third tier ! Anyone with a modicum of intelligence knew what would happen next.

I see the farm animals prefer League 2 football and Fletcher rather then Premiership and Pulis

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Unbelievable with Newell seemingly leading the charge
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The coming seasons...   The coming seasons... EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 10:45 am

Got to admire Cobi's enthusiasm. Ahh, the naivety of youth!

Four games without a loss and suddenly we're back in the Championship. Personally, I doubt we'll see those lofty heights before 2020 if ever again.

Survival is key, and if we can keep winning ugly and scraping draws, we will be okay. That is going to be the thing for a few more seasons I suspect. We need to play like we did in the second half against the Gas and against Northampton in all games, even if the opposition is good and not just mediocre as those teams were. Don't get me wrong, I think we played well, but they, whilst not being dire, did flatter to deceive.

We are in for a difficult January, both on and off the pitch.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The coming seasons...   The coming seasons... EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:02 am

punchdrunk wrote:
Tringreen wrote:

I see the farm animals prefer League 2 football and Fletcher rather then Premiership and Pulis

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Unbelievable with Newell seemingly leading the charge

To be fair most on that thread think it's utterly insane to suggest Pulis was not a brilliant manager at Argyle. Only one or two notable contributors are (predictably) suggesting otherwise jocolor jocolor clown

Anyway Pulis knew what *****wallet was all about and couldn't wait for the call to go back to Stoke. *****wallet has done more damage to PAFC than any other individual in the clubs entire history.
Back to top Go down
Freathy

Freathy

PostSubject: Re: The coming seasons...   The coming seasons... EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:07 am

Cerbera wrote:

Four games without a loss and suddenly we're back in the Championship. Personally, I doubt we'll see those lofty heights before 2020 if ever again.

Survival is key, and if we can keep winning ugly and scraping draws, we will be okay. That is going to be the thing for a few more seasons I suspect. We need to play like we did in the second half against the Gas and against Northampton in all games, even if the opposition is good and not just mediocre as those teams were. Don't get me wrong, I think we played well, but they, whilst not being dire, did flatter to deceive.

Even for us to survive this season we're relying on brent to do two things a) invest heavily in January b) sack fletcher and bring in a manager. Unfortunately, I think neither will happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The coming seasons...   The coming seasons... EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:20 am

Freathy wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

Even for us to survive this season we're relying on brent to do two things a) invest heavily in January b) sack fletcher and bring in a manager. Unfortunately, I think neither will happen.

I don't share quite your despondency, I think we are playing much better than we were and holding onto the loanees is crucial. I think we are beginning to see O'Driscoll's intervention in the management of the playing team and if Fletcher cannot cut the mustard we have a ready made experienced manager to step in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The coming seasons...   The coming seasons... EmptyWed Dec 28, 2011 11:24 am

Cerbera wrote:
Freathy wrote:
Cerbera wrote:

I don't share quite your despondency, I think we are playing much better than we were and holding onto the loanees is crucial. I think we are beginning to see O'Driscoll's intervention in the management of the playing team and if Fletcher cannot cut the mustard we have a ready made experienced manager to step in.

This is how I see it too. Either O'Driscoll is having an awful lot to say to Fletcher, or he's there saying it to the team. Either way he should be brought on board officially in whatever capacity, let Fletcher still be called manager if it makes him feel good for all I care, but get him on a contract.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The coming seasons...   The coming seasons... Empty

Back to top Go down

The coming seasons...
Page 1 of 1