Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic

The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Just back (Well, this morning)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Just back (Well, this morning)  Empty
PostSubject: Just back (Well, this morning)    Just back (Well, this morning)  EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 1:23 pm

Got home at about 1am, long day. Have given myself some time to think about the game.

It was a decent performance in parts and we were probably just the better side, however what's the point when we concede two ridiculous goals?

The first goal, clueless from a set piece. Our equaliser was a top delivery from Lewi & a powerful Hartley header. Their 2nd, the defence were nowhere to be seen when they caught us too easily on the break.

What was encouraging though is that we played in both half's without dropping off in either, although we were always reluctant to shoot.

I hope nobody says "well Morecambe were a good side so it's understandable", they've had a good start but they were average and there for the taking today.

We are improving but there's a lot to work on defensively. A disappointing result but imo, not one to panic over, we'll play worse and win this season.

I'm somewhere inbetween annoyed & pleased.

Mccormick - 7 - 2 decent saves, good distribution.

Mellor - 6 - going forward excellent, unfortunately I thought he could have done more to prevent both goals.

Nelson - 8 - Solid as ever.

Hartley - 6 - a few dodgy moments.

Mchugh - 5 - Always took a touch more than was needed.

O'connor - 4 - Strangely not great, poor passing and lost the ball in good positions.

Cox - 3 - a really poor day, everything he did went wrong.

Blizzard - 7 - impressive.

Morgan - 6 - A high work rate, didn't achieve much.

Reid - 6 - See above.

Alessandra - 8 - Thought he did really well.

Subs -

Smalley - 5 - Powerful but ineffective.

Thomas - 2 - awful in his short cameo.

Also, while being a great player, Kevin Ellison is an absolute prat, put 2 fingers up to the argyle fans.

Decent away support. Great pie.

Anyway, on to Tuesday.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Well, this morning)    Just back (Well, this morning)  EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 2:41 pm

sad............
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Well, this morning)    Just back (Well, this morning)  EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 3:01 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Got home at about 1am, long day. Have given myself some time to think about the game.

It was a decent performance in parts and we were probably just the better side, however what's the point when we concede two ridiculous goals?

The first goal, clueless from a set piece. Our equaliser was a top delivery from Lewi & a powerful Hartley header. Their 2nd, the defence were nowhere to be seen when they caught us too easily on the break.

What was encouraging though is that we played in both half's without dropping off in either, although we were always reluctant to shoot.

I hope nobody says "well Morecambe were a good side so it's understandable", they've had a good start but they were average and there for the taking today.

We are improving but there's a lot to work on defensively. A disappointing result but imo, not one to panic over, we'll play worse and win this season.

Mellor - 6 - going forward excellent, unfortunately I thought he could have done more to prevent both goals.

O'connor - 4 - Strangely not great, poor passing and lost the ball in good positions.

Reid - 6 - See above.

Subs -

Also, while being a great player, Kevin Ellison is an absolute prat, put 2 fingers up to the argyle fans.

Anyway, on to Tuesday.

Bloody strange that Nathan Thomas isn't reacting to Sheridan's brilliant man management techniques.

Maybe we need the club captain to weigh in with a few comments about how awful he is too, maybe that will get Thomas changing games for us!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Well, this morning)    Just back (Well, this morning)  EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 3:28 pm

Maybe Webb could use his awesomenest motivational skills
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Well, this morning)    Just back (Well, this morning)  EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 3:33 pm

Pitbull wrote:

Reid - 6 - See above.

Subs -

Anyway, on to Tuesday.

My deepest sympathies.

How you put yourself through it without the comfort of alcohol deserves a medal in itself .

Seriously what is it like on those characterless soulless sterile aviva buses these days? Can you still play blackjack or pontoon for money or has even that been banned?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Well, this morning)    Just back (Well, this morning)  EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 3:34 pm

Give Thomas a crack i say he cant be any worse than Banton at the moment. If he is shit fine get rid of him but let him at least have a fair go before hand Sheridan and not with 5minute cameos
Back to top Go down
stephensdad

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Well, this morning)    Just back (Well, this morning)  EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 3:34 pm

Cheers Cobi. I do find the Thomas situation very strange as we play with wingers but always play players more suited to a central role in that position. That said I do feel the performances at home have been a vast improvement on last season with the midfield looking a lot more solid. With the players we have I would be so tempted to try 3-5-2 or even go for it with 3-4-2-1 with Banton and Allesandra more central roaming just behind Reid.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Well, this morning)    Just back (Well, this morning)  EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 3:47 pm

Cheers Cobi
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Well, this morning)    Just back (Well, this morning)  EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 3:49 pm

Punchdrunk, usually the bus trips are absolutely dire, but it's strange, when we win the journey home is incredibly dull, everyone falls asleep and doesn't talk, but when we lose, everyone needs cheering up, we must have been singing for a good 3 hours home yesterday inbetween Birmingham and Plymouth. I don't think (excluding exeter games) I've ever not enjoyed an away day, it's not just about the football Very Happy

And RE Thomas, he really was dreadful during his cameo, greedy, couldn't beat a mean then chopped down their players when he didn't get his way. I prefer Morgan to Banton & Thomas.

I'd start the same team against Wycombe but maybe with Norburn in for Cox.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Well, this morning)    Just back (Well, this morning)  EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 4:13 pm

Pitbull wrote:
Punchdrunk, usually the bus trips are absolutely dire, but it's strange, when we win the journey home is incredibly dull, everyone falls asleep and doesn't talk, but when we lose, everyone needs cheering up, we must have been singing for a good 3 hours home yesterday inbetween Birmingham and Plymouth. I don't think (excluding exeter games) I've ever not enjoyed an away day, it's not just about the football Very Happy

And RE Thomas, he really was dreadful during his cameo, greedy, couldn't beat a mean then chopped down their players when he didn't get his way. I prefer Morgan to Banton & Thomas.

In the name of Aviva

Rolling Eyes

Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Well, this morning)    Just back (Well, this morning)  EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 5:08 pm

alannotivvy wrote:
Maybe Webb could use his awesomenest motivational skills:lol!:lol!lol!
Back to top Go down
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Well, this morning)    Just back (Well, this morning)  EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 5:11 pm

Pitbull wrote:

The Non investor Non developer, does not deserve fans like you Cobi.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Well, this morning)    Just back (Well, this morning)  EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 5:36 pm

sufferedsince 68 wrote:
Pitbull wrote:

The Non investor Non developer, does not deserve fans like you Cobi.

ukip however will take you sarcasm btw have you settled on a party yet cobi time is running out as you can only vote once fishing
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Well, this morning)    Just back (Well, this morning)  EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 8:17 pm

Move to Scotland, there's a vote every week here!
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Well, this morning)    Just back (Well, this morning)  EmptyMon Sep 15, 2014 1:49 am

Sounds a fun packed day out. 1am blimey thats well late.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just back (Well, this morning)    Just back (Well, this morning)  Empty

Back to top Go down

Just back (Well, this morning)
Page 1 of 1