pepsipete
Tringreen
Czarcasm
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge Empty
PostSubject: GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge   GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 8:34 am

Glancing at this set of photos, one thing screams out at you.

OLD

http://www.greensonscreen.co.uk/photodisplay.asp?parm=2014-09-06M1

The average age of those that this sort of event attracts should be a major worry to Argyle. They need to be reaching out to the youth or the numbers will just dwindle through natural wastage.

Oughta be sponsored by Saga.

GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge Old_pe11
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge   GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:45 am

Czarcasm wrote:

OLD

The average age of those that this sort of event attracts should be a major worry to Argyle. They need to be reaching out to the youth or the numbers will just dwindle through natural wastage.

If not old, as common as muck.................................. but I am a bit of a snob Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge   GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 10:02 am

Czarcasm wrote:

OLD

That is the youth, they're not allowed to take pictures of the really old ones in case the flash shocks them to death !!

Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge   GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 10:14 am

Personally I thought they looked a decent bunch of blokes and gals.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge   GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:16 am

Never judge a book by its cover Pete.

It's a cabal if ever I saw one... Wink
Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge   GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 12:50 pm

The age demographic of Argyle fan comes up time and time again. It's very apparent from John Lloyds/The Trusts survey that there is an age time bomb being stored up.

I don't know many football fans who come to supporting a club in later years. It's probably minute in comparison to those who form the habit in their teens and early twenty's.

How to fix the problem beyond years and years of success on the field.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge   GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 2:17 pm

It's a problem throughout football. We now have a generation of young football fans who are, in the main, priced out of football and simply not used to attending games.

The one photo that got me was the lottery prizes "some good ones on offer"

A packet of chocolate animals FFS!

You can't educate pork.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge   GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 5:18 pm

An event of this type is always going to attract older people. It's always going to people who don't have Sky at home and don't fancy the hurly burly of a pub. 90% of them probably do Fan Fests and love it to bits and this was, essentially, an extension of that.

I don't think these pictures prove or disprove the point being made but I do think the wider concept is a valid and worrying one.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge   GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 5:37 pm

Perhaps Kinnear was was right. Did't he say people only come to Plymouth, or was it Cornwall, or support Argyle to die? Oh, I can't remember. Someone correct me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge   GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 7:29 pm

Plymouth is just a town full of geriatrics, according to Kinnear.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge   GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 9:52 pm

ejh wrote:
Plymouth is just a town full of geriatrics, according to Kinnear.

too many pasty shops for him what was the chant one more pasty and your dead ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge   GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 11:18 pm

He had to suffer some abuse during those years, entirely self inflicted though, and some of the terrace responses were brilliant.

I think I have said it here before, I actually miss Kinnear and his antics. He really stoked up an funny rivalry out of nothing. I wish we had another serious set of rivals to bother about.

I'm currently reading a biography of Clough, another manager who loved to be hated by almost everyone outside of his own dressing room and terraces.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge   GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 10:45 am

isnt he at Newcastle again or did he leave again ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge   GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge Empty

Back to top Go down

GreensOnScreen pics from Tribute Lounge
Page 1 of 1