Go down 
+3
bjorn_yesterday
pepsipete
mouldyoldgoat
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Things you admittedly didn't know! Empty
PostSubject: Things you admittedly didn't know!   Things you admittedly didn't know! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 3:19 pm

Twas watching that shitty 'Perfection' program whilst eating my lunch, and one of the questions was, what does the 'E' stand for in Ebay?

I stopped eating my chicken with immediate effect. "By the great beard of Zues" I thought to myself, (after all, I have been wheeling and dealing on Ebay for years), I'm fecked if I know!!

Couldn't be bothered to Google it, but that Nick Knowles chappy explained anyway............

The E stand for Echo, as in Echo Bay, as in Ebay!! Apparently this is the name of the start-up for what we now know as Ebay - or summit like that.

Anyway. What I'm saying is................. I didn't know that!!

Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Things you admittedly didn't know!   Things you admittedly didn't know! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 4:09 pm

I did!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Things you admittedly didn't know!   Things you admittedly didn't know! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 4:49 pm

What a clever goat
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Things you admittedly didn't know!   Things you admittedly didn't know! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 5:36 pm

Well thank you kind Sir!

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things you admittedly didn't know!   Things you admittedly didn't know! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 7:40 pm

Nothing worse than a cocky goat..................in a dinghy!!  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Things you admittedly didn't know!   Things you admittedly didn't know! EmptyMon Aug 18, 2014 8:55 pm

Fer nah fer nah! Laughing

Back to top Go down
bjorn_yesterday

bjorn_yesterday

PostSubject: Re: Things you admittedly didn't know!   Things you admittedly didn't know! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:03 am

What does the "i" in front of words (usually being advertised on TV) actually mean? I know Apple started it but now it's just stupid.

There was one for "iToothpaste" on ITV last night FFS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things you admittedly didn't know!   Things you admittedly didn't know! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 11:18 am

Virtual toothpaste, can't see it catching on, sort of an app showing someone cleaning their teeth isn't really the same as actually cleaning your teeth. I didn't know that pedaloes we called that due to my mother, in a Hyacinth Bucket type way added an R as in Pedarlo and you have to really, really emphasise the r, my mates pointed out the error of my ways when I was about thirty five, in fact it's still bought up now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Things you admittedly didn't know!   Things you admittedly didn't know! EmptyMon Aug 25, 2014 12:05 pm

I didn't know, until recently, that WD40 stands for Water Displacment 40th attempt.

Apparently as It say's above, it took the manufactuers 40 attempts to perfect the way WD40 displaces water.

By the great beard of Zeus - I never knew that, init!! jocolor
Back to top Go down
tigertony

tigertony

PostSubject: Re: Things you admittedly didn't know!   Things you admittedly didn't know! EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 2:25 pm

Person Of Interest wrote:
I didn't know, until recently, that WD40 stands for Water Displacment 40th attempt.

Apparently as It say's above, it took the manufactuers 40 attempts to perfect the way WD40 displaces water.

By the great beard of Zeus - I never knew that, init!! jocolor

Well thats 2 things you didn't know ? - anymore ?
Mine was last year. Bearing in mind that I'm past 20 years old. Well much much nearer 60 actually but last year I was discussing a course attendee with the first name of Siobhan. I sort of said ''Si ..ob .. ?'' then ''Siob ,, han'' and some bright spark piped up with ''Its pronounced - Chevaughan'' WOT!!!! How the hell does Siobhan = Chevaughan'' fecking beats me Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Cornish Chris

Cornish Chris

PostSubject: Re: Things you admittedly didn't know!   Things you admittedly didn't know! EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 3:45 pm

I only worked out in the last year or so why West Ham are known as the Hammers.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Things you admittedly didn't know!   Things you admittedly didn't know! EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 5:27 pm

I didn't know how to make a cheese sauce........

I still don't!! Mad

Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: Things you admittedly didn't know!   Things you admittedly didn't know! EmptyFri Sep 26, 2014 8:03 pm

Who put the cnut in Scunthorpe?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Things you admittedly didn't know!   Things you admittedly didn't know! EmptySat Sep 27, 2014 1:17 am

Scnuthorpe? Shirley shome mishtake?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Things you admittedly didn't know!   Things you admittedly didn't know! Empty

Back to top Go down

Things you admittedly didn't know!
Page 1 of 1