HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Aims for the Summer II

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Aims for the Summer II Empty
PostSubject: Aims for the Summer II   Aims for the Summer II EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 6:53 pm

Well after the (unsurprisingly) huge success of my last thread I thought I'd re-jig this one to see what has happened, see if anyone has anything they'd like doing, etc.

I think the switch has turned out pretty well. I'm not talking about the humiliation of a certain few individuals, but in terms of getting people able to post on here, and the migration of posters it's been pretty damn successful - it isn't easy to get an entire community (albeit a smallish one) to move to a whole new site, but I can't think of anyone active missing? Anyone worthwhile, anyway: I'm here.

We're now at a site with no problems registering/logging in and hopefully no problems regarding hacking. cheers

This means we've already seen people like Penzancepirate and sharkbait join, and others are obvo welcome too - even the Exeter lot, although I'm not sure what they'll contribute other than a joint L:bom:L towards a certain idiot who used to post on their forum.

Aims for the future?

- keep our heads held high over the sagas involving the twisted individuals on the old AT. Take the moral high ground, stiff upper lip, etc.
- keep using the site - nothing more unappealing to a new poster/onlooker than a dead forum.
- create our own Argyle Trust and take over the world. Base ourselves in Portsmouth and hold meetings at the pub at the end of my road Like a Star @ heaven
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Aims for the Summer II   Aims for the Summer II EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 9:02 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:
Well after the (unsurprisingly) huge success of my last thread I thought I'd re-jig this one to see what has happened, see if anyone has anything they'd like doing, etc.

I think the switch has turned out pretty well. I'm not talking about the humiliation of a certain few individuals, but in terms of getting people able to post on here, and the migration of posters it's been pretty damn successful - it isn't easy to get an entire community (albeit a smallish one) to move to a whole new site, but I can't think of anyone active missing? Anyone worthwhile, anyway: I'm here.

We're now at a site with no problems registering/logging in and hopefully no problems regarding hacking. cheers

This means we've already seen people like Penzancepirate and sharkbait join, and others are obvo welcome too - even the Exeter lot, although I'm not sure what they'll contribute other than a joint L:bom:L towards a certain idiot who used to post on their forum.

Aims for the future?

- keep our heads held high over the sagas involving the twisted individuals on the old AT. Take the moral high ground, stiff upper lip, etc.
- keep using the site - nothing more unappealing to a new poster/onlooker than a dead forum.
- create our own Argyle Trust and take over the world. Base ourselves in Portsmouth and hold meetings at the pub at the end of my road Like a Star @ heaven

Create a pie of the season thread?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aims for the Summer II   Aims for the Summer II EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 11:37 pm

Mock Cuncher wrote:

Aims for the future?

It's gone well Mock, I didn't expect it to go as well as it has but to be honest, there's only one person and a few bitches to thank!

I don't think we lost anyone in the transfer and gained quite a few with a great many guest and silent members.

I'm all for taking over the world but I think we should vote on it first! clown
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Aims for the Summer II   Aims for the Summer II EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 1:16 am

GOB wrote:
[I don't think we lost anyone in the transfer and gained quite a few with a great many guest and silent members.

I'm all for taking over the world but I think we should vote on it first! clown

I think we lost Phenom, and it would be nice for spagmybollockup to make an appearance, but otherwise...

The only two missing are PGY, (say no more) and the self declared "living example of what a fan should be", the 'mental midget' himself --

...and thank God for that.

No loss at all is it?
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Aims for the Summer II   Aims for the Summer II EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 6:32 am

I like MC's first two 'aims for the future' and although I find it difficult not 'bear bait', we do need to leave those morons to fester a tad more.
Their corrupt regime has already been exposed and they have little left to talk about apart from us.
Can't wait for the first giant pasty to turn up at a fanfest or cricket match lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Aims for the Summer II   Aims for the Summer II EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 7:30 am

I agree mate, it's been fun exposing the prats but now it's time to move on. Naps and bitches will continue with their childish name calling, Tring Thng Smile ...but whilst they're doing that they look tossers and have lost everyone's respect and a voice. It's quite apparent that they have no support for their vendettas outside of their own little clique and I think that we should buddy up with our friends and users of PASOTI and leave Naps and Co. alone on the old site whilst assuming self importance on PASOTI.

It's been an interesting few weeks since he was exposed for the bully he is. I've received plenty of little snippets of help from people that are not even involved with us on this site yet, as well as useful information. I owe a few pints!

I think we should keep our Pig comments to the Blocks section and leave Naps and bitches in the gutter where they belong. We have plenty of numbers now and we've never had a need to fudge the figures on here, we seem to be picking up one or two new members each day and the "guest" list is always surprisingly high.

We must get together for that Pint that Frank suggested one day!

As for the site, I think we need to get around to making a few things happen, removing advertising and looking at what the potential of the site is etc. and now that we seem to have established ourselves quite quickly we should look at
publicising it. We seem to be popping up well on search engines now but we need to take a step away from the Net and use other sources.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Aims for the Summer II   Aims for the Summer II EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 9:44 am

It all sounds good to me, as you say Gob limit the bear baiting to the blocks and move any hijacks there.

Back to top Go down
Sandford_Grecian

Sandford_Grecian

Location : Looking into the eyes of the beholder, and all I can see are £££££ signs :-)

PostSubject: Re: Aims for the Summer II   Aims for the Summer II EmptyWed Jun 08, 2011 11:11 am

Well I for one will be aiming high.

Secure the signings of 3 or 4 quality players, to go with what we've got, and win League 1 2011/12 & put 2 divisions (maybe more) between ourselves and you Basketball Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/sandford_merlin
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Aims for the Summer II   Aims for the Summer II EmptyThu Jun 09, 2011 6:40 am

Sandford_Grecian wrote:
Well I for one will be aiming high.

Secure the signings of 3 or 4 quality players, to go with what we've got, and win League 1 2011/12 & put 2 divisions (maybe more) between ourselves and you Basketball Very Happy

It could happen but unless you have money, your flirtation with the CCC will be brief. Your staff will be enticed away by clubs with cash backed ambition. We know, we've been there.
Our support both real and potential is at least double yours. You wouldn't have a prayer without a sugar daddy.
It is one of the realities that I recognised years ago.................. but they wouldn't listen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aims for the Summer II   Aims for the Summer II Empty

Back to top Go down

Aims for the Summer II
Page 1 of 1