spacehopper
argyl3
sufferedsince 68
12 posters
AuthorMessage
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

Grand Stand update? Empty
PostSubject: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 4:29 pm

Been out of the country since august and only just got back, i read on a privately owned forum before i left that Mr Brents minature marvel of a stand was going to start last september? is it finished yet?
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 8:56 pm

Hahaha sadly the market for breeze blocks has hotted up and the development is fast becoming unaffordable
Back to top Go down
spacehopper

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 9:23 pm

sensiblepants wrote:
Been out of the country since august and only just got back, i read on a privately owned forum before i left that Mr Brents minature marvel of a stand was going to start last september? is it finished yet?

Oh shut up and be grateful.
You would not have a club to support if it was not for James Brent.
He saved us.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 9:52 pm

spacehopper wrote:
sensiblepants wrote:

Oh shut up and be grateful.
You would not have a club to support if it was not for James Brent.
He saved us.

Is this actually true?

Have we been saved or has the death sentence merely been deferred?

And even if it is true was Brent really the only option? It may have played out that way in the end but was it the only inevitable conclusion possible?

And even if Argyle had been forced to start again as AFC Argyle would that have been a worse outcome?

One thing, of many, about that process was the way we were told that Argyle had to be saved because an AFC in a lower league would not have been able to keep Home Park going.

Since then, of course, we have discovered the nice little rates rebate Brent was given by the council, seen the imminent closure of the grandstand and thrust a begging bowl under Wrathall's nose because we couldn't afford to pay that month's wages.

Under Brent Argyle's net debts have been reduced not at all and that worrying balloon payment looms ever larger on the horizon apparently with no plan at all for paying it off.

So "saved" is hardly the word I'd use. An "Argyle" (now an entirely different company let's not forget so it wasn't really saved at all) limps on stripped of every asset it once had and deeply in hock and could be about to stumble blindly into a half-arsed property development that suits Mr Brent extremely well but which benefits the club hardly at all and which will hamstring its potential forever.

Is this really the best outcome there could have been?
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 9:56 pm

Put it this way if argyle folded Brent would have probably purchased home park for a pound moved Albion in to "fulfill the sporting obligations" and carried on regardless with his HHP plans but with rugby instead while AFC Argyle played at brick fields or somewhere
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 10:01 pm

Don't put ANY ideas into Brent's head FFS!
Back to top Go down
Richard Blight

Richard Blight

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 10:05 pm

Spacehopper, for someone from the states doing a college piece you appear to be up to speed with events at Home Park quite quickly.
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 10:12 pm

Richard Blight wrote:
Spacehopper, for someone from the states doing a college piece you appear to be up to speed with events at Home Park quite quickly.

Same with sensiblepants ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 10:44 pm

I reckon both accounts are Dane's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptySun Jun 01, 2014 11:57 pm

You have to admire his/her/their persistence, Fortunately they lack the intelligence to prolong their childish games before being obliterated by the  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven ATD MODS Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven 
Go get 'em boys!! Suspect Ban 
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 12:12 am

One we have a pretty good idea who it is. The other one is 100% know!

Hello boys, welcome back. Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 9:33 am

If undercover posters changed their email addresses occasionally then it would make our life a bit harder but there you go.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 2:28 pm

Below is an abuse report recieved yesterday,

COMMENTS
Your thread about the Grandstand is libellous,damaging and untrue.
Borrowed time for your vile website.
Pasoti is the only fit and proper site for the real fans.

Now I don't know who it's from but can I take this opportunity to say that all the abuse reports are anonymous and they could be from anybody, if you want to be taken seriously email us at the mod email account, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] could I also add that rumours abound when a vacuum of facts result from having a board and owner divided from the fans, a rumour is not usually treated as libel. What is damaging to the club is having an owner aided and abetted by several Plymouth fans I may add trying to add material wealth to themselves using the club as a vehicle. As for pasoti the owner has also aided and abetted the owner of Argyle but he isn't too bright and I think that the penny has finally dropped there so you may be running out of support from that corner as well IG.
Brent out. Board out. #notfitforpurpose
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 2:56 pm

#plymouthdeservesbetter
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 3:07 pm

No honesty. No integrity. No transparency.......... No clusterfuck......... No Ocean City........ No Man U fans.......... No educated wankers.........

More deviousness. More bullying. More self interest...........More bucket rattling........More Avivafests.........More AAA passes for morons.........
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 5:44 pm

I do apologise for repeating myself but just had to -

Cinema, Hotel, Ice-Rink - Peter Jones does not approve - Western Morning News - Oct.12 2010

"There also seems to be a mismatch between what the supporters of the club want, which is a successful football team, and what the owners appear to want, which is an enormous and inappropriate property development based around Home Park."

Jones was referring to plans which were unveiled by Argyle in August for a £150 million development in Central Park.

It would see Home Park increased in size and upgraded, as part of Plymouth's bid to stage games in the 2018 World Cup.

England want to host the tournament and are waiting on a decision from FIFA, world football's governing body, at the start of December.

But the cost of work on Home Park so it can stage World Cup matches depends on the rest of the £150m development plans.

They include a cinema and a three-star hotel, as well as, more controversially, shops and student accommodation.

There would also be a 4,000-seat indoor arena and exhibition hall, which would double up as an ice rink.

Jones described the shops and student accommodation as "completely contrary to the local area plan for Central Park."

He added: "If somebody went in to see the Mayor of London, Boris Johnson, about building student accommodation in Richmond Park they would not last three seconds in the room. It's absolutely ludicrous."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 5:57 pm

I wonder what it was that made Jones take such a dramatic 'U' turn!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 7:21 pm

Basically the same plan as well, in fact it was based on a smaller footprint than the version that Jones now approves of wasn't it?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 8:11 pm

Iggy wrote:
Below is an abuse report recieved yesterday,

COMMENTS
Your thread about the Grandstand is libellous,damaging and untrue.
Borrowed time for your vile website.
Pasoti is the only fit and proper site for the real fans.

Now I don't know who it's from but can I take this opportunity to say that all the abuse reports are anonymous and they could be from anybody, if you want to be taken seriously email us at the mod email account, [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] could I also add that rumours abound when a vacuum of facts result from having a board and owner divided from the fans, a rumour is not usually treated as libel. What is damaging to the club is having an owner aided and abetted by several Plymouth fans I may add trying to add material wealth to themselves using the club as a vehicle. As for pasoti the owner has also aided and abetted the owner of Argyle but he isn't too bright and I think that the penny has finally dropped there so you may be running out of support from that corner as well IG.
Brent out. Board out. #notfitforpurpose

There must be a reason why we're voluntarily shutting down even more of the ground than we have already - and I doubt very much that it is because building for the new stand is going to have started.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
sufferedsince 68

sufferedsince 68

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptyMon Jun 02, 2014 8:16 pm

Will humans have landed on mars before the speccytacular minature stand get built? having seen posh jim in non action, my fivers on nasa.
Back to top Go down
Tgwu

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 10:17 pm

Could had put it in the new stand

Friends of Central Park Plymouth - new café/ hub

1. Building

1.1. The building must provide accommodation for:

* A café which is configurable for different uses

* A kitchen for the café

* Toilets for park users

* Changing rooms for sports teams with associated toilets and showers

* A kiosk and store for golf and tennis equipment (what else?)

* A store for Community Group work-party equipment

* An office for use by the Café Hub operator and Community Group committee members.

1.2. The building must sit comfortably in the landscape and retain existing trees although the sweet chestnut adjacent to the golf course hedge may be removed if necessary.

1.3. The building should leave views as open as possible from the Life Centre Field towards the Hoe area.

1.4. The building must allow a direct path to follow natural desire lines from Mayflower Drive to the playground. A short section of hedgebank on Mayflower Drive may be removed in order to achieve this.

1.5. The café must overlook the children’s playground so that parents can see their children in the playground.

1.6. The kiosk for the golf and tennis should be situated so that potential users can find it easily and move directly from there to the relevant facility. Some of the clipped hedge on the north boundary of the golf course may be removed in order to achieve this.

1.7. The building should be single storey.

2. Architecture

2.1. The building should have a distinctive and attractive style which suits the character of the area and there is a preference for elevations largely of glass and wood. Pavilions in the following places indicate the kind of style that is wanted: [ ].

2.2. The building should make best use of the space available and it may be any shape.

2.3. The building should make best use of the gently sloping ground to provide sitting out areas and other amenities or services.

3. Security

3.1. The building must be resilient against deliberate damage but protective measures must be discreet and integrate with the building’s architecture. As examples, the roof should be difficult to climb onto and there should be no hidden corners.

3.2. The advice of the Police Architectural Liaison Officer must be obtained as part of the design process, especially regarding the use of CCTV.

3.3. The building should be easy to secure at night and to open in the morning.

4. Environmental

4.1. The building must be well insulated and glazed to minimise heat transfer, etc.

4.2. The building should have natural ventilation although extractor fans may be used if required.

4.3. The building should be heated with electric heaters that are controllable by the Café Hub operator. [Discuss woodburner when Veronica is back]

4.4. The building should make use of solar energy with panels on its roof.

4.5. The building should capture rainwater and store it for beneficial uses that will include the watering of young plants in the park.

5. Café

5.1. The café should offer a different style from the Life Centre café and be attractive to young families and walkers in the park, as well as those using the golf course and tennis courts. We envisage that there should be some soft furnishings, the floor should be quarry tiles and there should be space on the walls to display pictures such as old photos of the park.

5.2. The café must be configurable for different uses including meetings for up to [50] people in seated rows or [20] people around a large table.

5.3. The café must have good acoustic qualities so that sound is not reflected.

5.4. The area for community meetings must be equipped for presentations with projector and screen and there must be control over room light levels.

5.5. The café should include an area for crèche activities for [ ] infants.

5.6. The kitchen and food preparation areas must be sized and equipped to provide hot meals for up to [ ] people in one sitting.

5.7. The advice of an experienced café manager must be obtained as part of the design process.

6. Toilets for park users

6.1. There must be toilets for male, female and disabled park users which must be accessible directly from the park (i.e. without having to enter another part of the building).

6.2. There should be at least 2 cubicles in each of the male and female toilets.

6.3. The toilets should be positioned in a way that shows the Café Hub operator has clear responsibility for their cleanliness. Access from within the building may be provided.

7. Changing rooms for sports teams

7.1. There must be [ ] changing rooms for use by football and rugby teams; i.e. sized for 15 people.

7.2. The team changing rooms must have their own showers and toilets, which are separate from those for park users.

7.3. Access to the changing rooms must be separate from the café areas and there must be no possibility of mud being walked into the café areas.

7.4. The changing rooms must be available for individual sportsmen and women (e.g. orienteering, tennis, Zumba, etc, when not required by teams. The Café Hub operator should oversee this facility and it may be a chargeable service.

7.5. The advice of an experienced sports team manager must be obtained as part of the design process.

8. Kiosk and store for the golf and tennis facilities

8.1. The kiosk window should be arranged to provide some shelter when raining.

8.2. The kiosk must provide secure storage for [ ] golf clubs, [ ] tennis rackets and [ ]. The kiosk should be at least [ ] metre wide by [ ] metre deep.

8.3. The advice of the current golf facility operator must be obtained as part of the design process.

9. Store for Community Group equipment

9.1. The store must be accessible directly from the park (i.e. without having to enter another part of the building).

9.2. The store must provide secure storage for 2 wheelbarrows, 10 each of yard brooms, spades/shovels, litter pickers and two-gallon water containers, as well as other equipment for volunteer work parties. The store should be at least [ ] metre wide by [ ] metre deep.

10. Office

10.1. The office must have space for a desk measuring at least 1.5 by 0.7 metres with chairs placed on all sides and storage cabinets along one wall. The store should be at least 2.5 metre wide by 3.0 metre deep.

10.2. The office must have provision for a telephone connection.

11. External areas

11.1. There must be a sitting-out area directly accessible from the café with space for up to 100 people sitting at tables.

11.2. The sitting-out area should have some protection from slightly inclement weather such as cool breezes and warm light rain.

11.3. There should be access for service vehicles to deliver to and collect from the building.

[END]
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? EmptyThu Sep 04, 2014 10:20 pm

just get brent out FFS !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Grand Stand update?   Grand Stand update? Empty

Back to top Go down

Grand Stand update?
Page 1 of 1