Go down 
+2
Dougie
seadog
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales Empty
PostSubject: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 3:27 pm

So the club turned to Saatchi and Saatchi to ensure the Forze Verde 1886 brand receives maximum exposure, and no expense was spared with the ad campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MSFpaM8M4DM&feature=youtu.be

RESURGAM, FORZE VERDE, VENI VIDI VICI, MANGETOUT RODNEY MANGETOUT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 3:29 pm

As you can imagine, the sales exceded all expectations and another 4 scarves have been ordered for the expected Xmas rush.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 3:45 pm

greenjock wrote:
As you can imagine, the sales exceded all expectations and another 4 scarves have been ordered for the expected Xmas rush.

500 sold yesterday
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 3:51 pm

greengenes wrote:
greenjock wrote:

500 sold yesterday

And 1000 would have been sold without this marketing campaign Smile

Shame the consensus seems to be the scarves are too dark to make the Ultras look, well Ultra
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 3:59 pm

Maybe they could sell some green and white ones just in time for Easter.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 4:02 pm

And GG, I posted this here because this is where banter is allowed. It was lighthearted and tongue in cheek.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 6:14 pm

We had a laugh singing and jumping around, yeah we made ourselves look a pair of twats, but we had to have a laugh. There were times when it was hailing, raining, and we were freezing cold and wet, we just had a laugh with it, and it brought the people over, nearly sold out. Only 8 were left I think.

But yeah go ahead and laugh, take the piss all you like. I am proud to be helping the club in any way I can, I can take any stick you throw at me, because at the end of the day I don't just sit on a computer and moan about things, I get off my arse and do something.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 6:23 pm

ZeeZan6 wrote:
We had a laugh singing and jumping around, yeah we made ourselves look a pair of twats, but we had to have a laugh. There were times when it was hailing, raining, and we were freezing cold and wet, we just had a laugh with it, and it brought the people over, nearly sold out. Only 8 were left I think.

But yeah go ahead and laugh, take the piss all you like. I am proud to be helping the club in any way I can, I can take any stick you throw at me, because at the end of the day I don't just sit on a computer and moan about things, I get off my arse and do something.

Hey ZZ you have taken this to heart when I just thought it was funny. As you said about the Cobi bashing last week, lighten up. Nobody is questioning your commitment to the cause, but honestly watch the clip again and try and keep a straight face yourself Laughing
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 6:27 pm

greenjock wrote:
ZeeZan6 wrote:

Hey ZZ you have taken this to heart when I just thought it was funny. As you said about the Cobi bashing last week, lighten up. Nobody is questioning your commitment to the cause, but honestly watch the clip again and try and keep a straight face yourself Laughing

I probably would have replied more light hearted if it was a comment on pasoti, but people on this site are known for slating those who actually do stuff.. so forgive me for being a bit on the defensive.

It is a funny video that makes me cringe tbh. But meh who cares, we sold loads of scarves and had fun.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 6:29 pm

A good clip and good performance, well done for making the effort. I would have bought one if I had been there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 6:33 pm

seadog wrote:
A good clip and good performance, well done for making the effort. I would have bought one if I had been there.

Thanks Seadog!
I have a feeling we will be asked to help out selling scarves for the Torquay game aswell, so make sure you come over, say hi, and buy a scarf! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 6:33 pm

Lots of us 'do stuff' for many different charitable organisations. For myself, I never saw this particular Argyle cause as my bag for a whole host of deeply held reasons. In the end we're talking about saving a private company with millionaire owners, and now paying down the new owner's debts.
Not my scene, but you carry on if it makes you feel better.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 6:39 pm

penzancepirate wrote:
Lots of us 'do stuff' for many different charitable organisations. For myself, I never saw this particular Argyle cause as my bag for a whole host of deeply held reasons. In the end we're talking about saving a private company with millionaire owners.

Fair enough pp. Each to their own. I'm just a loser who loves the club and would happily spend my time doing something for the club I really care about, whether it's owned by a millionaire or not. (along with many others)

(I used to volunteer for St.Lukes till I started work full time, so I do understand how rewarding it is to help charities - wish I still could do it tbh, but no time for it)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 6:44 pm

Bloody embarrassment to the club.

The one on the left of the video - 'green peace should be called' as my friend put it.

These clowns and the pasoti bunch think they're so high and mighty and it really does f*cking annoy me.

Back to top Go down
Dougie

Dougie

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 6:44 pm

ZeeZan6 wrote:
greenjock wrote:
ZeeZan6 wrote:

I probably would have replied more light hearted if it was a comment on pasoti, but people on this site are known for slating those who actually do stuff.. so forgive me for being a bit on the defensive.

It is a funny video that makes me cringe tbh. But meh who cares, we sold loads of scarves and had fun.

Re. the slating. You need to be a bit careful ZZ as that opinion is a received opinion bandied about by those who need ATD to be seen that way. Since I've started posting here all I've found it to be is a bit more up front about stuff, where most things go and no over arching agenda or opinion. Dont believe everything you read on Pasoti there are no scum here, maybe some nutters but going against the commonly held wisdom is sometimes good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 6:46 pm

Converted wrote:
Bloody embarrassment to the club.

The one on the left of the video - 'green peace should be called' as my friend put it.

These clowns and the pasoti bunch think they're so high and mighty and it really does f*cking annoy me.

Laughing Love it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Well ZZ I post on both sites, here because you're more accepted for having an alternative point of view from the masses, and PASOTI has it's own special gang and to be accepted you have to know everyone and have to be able to recite the dates of birth of all of the players and know their car registrations. There has also been some choice insults thrown towards ATD from PASOTI so it's a two way thing. Anyway as I said it was a bit of fun so please don't take it to heart.

I've also managed to get hold of some youtube footage of the Forze Verde Ultra's in action yesterday, and although a bit rusty, it was the first attempt so I'm sure it will get better and better. Best watched from 45 seconds onwards.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tODlPxhbGF8&feature=related

RESURGAM, FORZE VERDE, VENI VIDI VICI, MANGETOUT RODNEY MANGETOUT
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Lets be honest it wasnt going to be hard to sell some scarfs on a cold day for a 5er a piece.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 6:55 pm

Dougie wrote:
ZeeZan6 wrote:
greenjock wrote:
ZeeZan6 wrote:

Re. the slating. You need to be a bit careful ZZ as that opinion is a received opinion bandied about by those who need ATD to be seen that way. Since I've started posting here all I've found it to be is a bit more up front about stuff, where most things go and no over arching agenda or opinion. Dont believe everything you read on Pasoti there are no scum here, maybe some nutters but going against the commonly held wisdom is sometimes good.

I say as I see tbh. I am not swayed by anyones ranting on either side. ATD/Pasoti. I don't think people on this site are scum at all.
The reason I say about being slated on here is that: I have seen people openly taking the mick out of people who sacrifice their spare time for the good of the club we all love. certain people on this site seem to think people like myself, Sue and others only do what we do - for some sort 'Super fan' badge to wear! When actually we are just a bunch of people who are happy to have a club to support, and we don't want praise and publicity for whatever we do, but equally we don't deserve stick for it either - which comes mainly from people on this site.

Edited to add:

But lets not turn this into a pasoti/atd thread like all the others.. You all know I am a pasoti poster, and I am good friends with certain people many on here dislike.. But thats not what this thread is about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 6:59 pm

Converted wrote:
Lets be honest it wasnt going to be hard to sell some scarfs on a cold day for a 5er a piece.

Going to come help me and Sue at the Torquay game then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 7:09 pm

Converted, leave it out.

They gave up their time and looked a pair of tits, but who cares? They believe in selling the scarves to raise cash for the club. I disagree with the principle and won't be purchasing a scarf but fair play to them.

A bit galling that they would give up their time and do that when Wrathall effectively rubs their noses in the mud by going pitch side. How do you feel about that ZZ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 7:18 pm

Cerbera wrote:
Converted, leave it out.

They gave up their time and looked a pair of tits, but who cares? They believe in selling the scarves to raise cash for the club. I disagree with the principle and won't be purchasing a scarf but fair play to them.

A bit galling that they would give up their time and do that when Wrathall effectively rubs their noses in the mud by going pitch side. How do you feel about that ZZ?

I do not like it one bit. Him being on the pitch is like sticking to fingers up to the staff, players, the pitch company, St.Johns ambulance, all other businesses and people shafted by the old board.
I know the sponsors, Argyle fans as much as the rest of us, but just bad judgement by Devon furniture co. IMHO, but I'm sure it's no more then that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 7:48 pm

ZeeZan6 wrote:
Converted wrote:

Nope, not a chance in hell. Why would i make myself look like a total cretin? Me and my pal's were laughing at that dance thing you were doing and you were none the wiser - Everyones a winner! I like to wonder into home park at 2.55pm then watch the match.

I have other things that i have to do, unlike you obviously.

And before you start to criticise me, I've been to every home game and 8 away's this season, & I've put over £200 in the staff collection buckets however i dont need my ego being boosted my IJN and the fellow pasoti - ites by doing these little acts.

I do think its great that you're doing all these things to help the staff, But when i saw you yesterday you looked like a 13 year old girl who had just got drunk for the first time. We can all help out in our own ways cant we?

Tara
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 7:49 pm

Converted wrote:
ZeeZan6 wrote:
Converted wrote:

Nope, not a chance in hell. Why would i make myself look like a total cretin? Me and my pal's were laughing at that dance thing you were doing and you were none the wiser - Everyones a winner! I like to wonder into home park at 2.55pm then watch the match.

And before you start to criticise me, I've been to every home game and 8 away's this season, & I've put over £200 in the staff collection buckets however i dont need my ego being boosted my IJN and the fellow pasoti - ites by doing these little acts.

I do think its great that you're doing all these things to help the staff, But when i saw you yesterday you looked like a 13 year old girl who had just got drunk for the first time. We can all help out in our own ways cant we?

Tara

Oooh! You are a subtle one aren't you?!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 7:53 pm

funny man wrote:
Converted wrote:
ZeeZan6 wrote:
Converted wrote:

Tara

Oooh! You are a subtle one aren't you?!

I like to think so. study
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales   Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales Empty

Back to top Go down

Saatchi and Saatchi consulted to improve sales
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next