seadog
Sir Francis Drake
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next
AuthorMessage
Rickler

Rickler

Nigel Farage - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 4:32 pm

hairy j wrote:
There's a fair amount of scaredy-cat xenophobes on ATD and that's why UKIP will get votes

Hands up all those admitting to being "scaredy-cat xenophobes on ATD"?

And how many of  you will be voting UKIP?
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 5:04 pm

Not me.

I voted anti-establishment!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Too late for the above now, and it wouldn't have made one jot of difference to the UKIP zealots anyway, but there you are.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 5:06 pm

Iggy wrote:
Yes but the Tories and the new Tories steal all our tax money to share out amoung their mates, they let their mates get away with tax dodges because they are rich, they get lobbied by big business representatives to pass polices that are against the interest of 99% of the population and get rewarded with jobs when they leave government. Blair sat on the boards of I think eighteen companies when he left office but didn't actuall do f a for them in actual work it was rewards for favours and Blair should be I prison for the Iraq war! By the way his mates have made sure that the inquiry into this has been stalled for three years so it can't be published yet, this is why loonies like UKIP are so appealing FFS! None of them represent us the working people of this country and haven't since the seventies.

I know these things.

What has always baffled me is why anybody would think UKIP are different.

Here's that link again.

Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 5:09 pm

I am hopeful that young people who wouldn't normally vote go out in droves to not vote UKIP. I've not met or spoken to any one under 50 who'd vote UKIP. I voted Lib Dem. Suck that up.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 5:22 pm

There wasn't even a LD to vote for in my ward.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyThu May 22, 2014 9:09 pm

I see the alphabetical order makeup of the ballot paper meant the first 'party' on the sheet was the 'An Independence from Europe' party. I wonder how many saw the Independence bit and hastily put a cross in their box without noticing the UKIP alphabetically at the bottom...
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 6:10 am

UKIP have had a bit of success (thus far) in the local elections. It seems though that this has been at the expense of the Tories. Some media response from well known Tories is suggesting a UKIP/Tory merger. Incidentally, it's Labour that are gaining seats and control of councils. No UKIP council control as yet.
Well done UKIP - your mission is done - expose the Tories for what they are.

Weirdly, I'm watching the news and the BBC are claiming it's Labour who are being affected by UKIP. The stats don't support that at all. They're running with the story that UKIP are taking seats from Tories that Labour should have taken - that's if UKIP didn't exist. Weird angle. So far, Labour have taken control of 2 councils (that's gains).
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:39 am

Go Nige!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:41 am

Vote UKIP
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 7:48 am

greendude wrote:
Vote UKIP

Your a day to late.
Back to top Go down
Charlie Wood

Charlie Wood

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 9:43 am

How we've missed Penz during this campaign as he's on a sabbatical at he mo'...

or maybe he's been out on the stump for UKIP  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 11:24 am

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Yes but the Tories and the new Tories steal all our tax money to share out amoung their mates, they let their mates get away with tax dodges because they are rich, they get lobbied by big business representatives to pass polices that are against the interest of 99% of the population and get rewarded with jobs when they leave government. Blair sat on the boards of I think eighteen companies when he left office but didn't actuall do f a for them in actual work it was rewards for favours and Blair should be I prison for the Iraq war! By the way his mates have made sure that the inquiry into this has been stalled for three years so it can't be published yet, this is why loonies like UKIP are so appealing FFS! None of them represent us the working people of this country and haven't since the seventies.

I know these things.

What has always baffled me is why anybody would think UKIP are different.

Here's that link again.

Of course they are no different, who said that they were? I didn't vote for anybody and if you read my posts properly you will see that I consistently call for revolution. However If we had a party that was genuinely going to take us out of europe I would vote for it. We pay too much to be members, it only benefits the political and business elite and it also smacks of the nazi federalism that you are so fond of portraying the anti europeans with. let's all join forces and be friends with uncle Sam, then if Putin does kick off we can have a feck off big war! A vote for Europe is a vot for a future WW3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 11:27 am

Charlie Wood wrote:
How we've missed Penz during this campaign as he's on a sabbatical at he mo'...

or maybe he's been out on the stump for UKIP  Very Happy 

He would have been reaching for his flouncing jacket a long time ago, tolerance has never been his strong point.  Very Happy 
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 12:03 pm

"Asked to explain the party's [UKIP's] relatively poor performance in London on Radio 4, Evans said they had difficulty appealing to the "educated, cultured and young."

What does that imply about what UKIP thinks about those who do vote for UKIP?

Quote :
Next election slogan: Vote UKIP - if you are past it or lacking culture and education.

If UKIP was a person it would be Ian Newell.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 12:14 pm

UKIP aren't interested in the educated wankers then?

It did make me burst out laughing when I heard that this morning, it was the first thing to leap to my mind.
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 12:27 pm

GreenSam wrote:

It did make me burst out laughing when I heard that this morning, it was the first thing to leap to my mind.

WTF!!!!!!  affraid 

You listen to R4. Seriously Sam, you are not getting out enough getting pissed, chasing women and catching them!

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 12:55 pm

Yeah Sam, if you don't use it, it'll fall off FHS
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 2:50 pm

A great night for UKIP?

Lab 31%, Con 29, Ukip 17%, LD 13%

UKIP share of vote down 6% compared to last year's local elections.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 3:37 pm

Good news for you SFD, reassured now?
No need for concern over ukip, it's just splitting the right, something Labour supporters should be chuffed about, they have a decent chance of winning in 2015.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 3:41 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 3:45 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

WTF!!!!!!  affraid 

You listen to R4. Seriously Sam, you are not getting out enough getting pissed, chasing women and catching them!
Eh? That quote wasn't only available on Radio 4 you know!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 3:46 pm

Nice one poi, taken back in the day when cool people smoked. In fact he should be ATDs mascot. Lol.

Last edited by Iggy on Fri May 23, 2014 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 3:47 pm

Pafcintheplace wrote:
No need for concern over ukip, it's just splitting the right, something Labour supporters should be chuffed about, they have a decent chance of winning in 2015.

Make no mistake about it: I think UKIP will be, and already are in many ways, a complete disaster for the UK. It'll all inevitably either just peter out or end in tears - and I'm not very confident that the former will happen.

Until that point we now appear to have a two-party electoral system with 4 parties contesting within it - or maybe just 3 if the LDs get wiped out (as they very much deserve to be). The next few years promise to be very interesting.

I just fervently hope that the historical precedent of massive recession followed a surge of nationalism as minority groups are stigmatised and blamed for much wider failings is not repeated. We all know where that led and this time the weaponry is far more effective.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 3:53 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
Pafcintheplace wrote:

Make no mistake about it: I think UKIP will be, and already are in many ways, a complete disaster for the UK. It'll all inevitably either just peter out or end in tears - and I'm very confident that the former will happen.

Until that point we now appear to have a two-party electoral system with 4 parties contesting within it - or maybe just 3 if the LDs get wiped out (as they very much deserve to be). The next few years promise to be very interesting.

I just fervently hope that the historical precedent of massive recession followed a surge of nationalism as minority groups are stigmatised and blamed for much wider failings is not repeated. We all know where that led and this time the weaponry is far more effective.

Minorities aren't stigmatised they are ignored,when they start to look like a majority they are taken seriously. Your argumens would carry more weight if you actually said what you thought instead of falling in behind the main parties in their paranoid mud slinging. This election has been feckin hilarious and you have been good value throughout, I applaud you sir.  parteeeeee 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 EmptyFri May 23, 2014 4:07 pm

Completely agree that the next few years will be interesting politically, politics in my adult life since 1999 onwards has been relatively dull until this point.

Fully aware of the historical precedent, studied it in depth years ago, the Weimar Republic, harsh Treaty of Versailles, the 30's crash etc but do not believe Farage is from the same mould as Hitler, the same cannot be said of some of the far right parties picking up votes in other parts of Europe. The 'threat' of UKIP seems greater than it is IMO, at last those in favour of controlled immigration and a right of centre economic policy have a party to vote for. They will be lucky to get a hand full of seats in 2015, and as I said their success increases the chance of a left of centre Labour government. Preferable to a Tory gov in your eyes?

When you say end in tears what specifally do you mean? Because if your concerns lie in the form of a possible war in Europe, I see Putin and absorbing too many countries into the EU as very real external threats to Europe's stability
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nigel Farage   Nigel Farage - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

Nigel Farage
Page 8 of 18Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 13 ... 18  Next