Dick Trickle
zyph
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
zyph

zyph

Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) Empty
PostSubject: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 2:36 pm

Rumour on Radio Five Live that David Moyes is about to be sacked,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 2:40 pm

The Mayflower
Have your say on all things Plymouth Argyle. We welcome fair & open debate here when it comes to our club.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Moyes sacked?   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 3:00 pm

Strong rumours from sources close to the club saying that he's been sacked.

That's one helluva payoff bill!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 3:06 pm

Merged by me.

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  affraid

Now an officially semi retired old fart! bounce
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 3:33 pm

Rejoice rejoice rejoice
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 3:46 pm

Its OK Dane its part of my job! Very Happy 

Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 4:06 pm

Betting has been suspended on Moyles being sacked. Such a shame as he broke numerous records this season  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 6:12 pm

Posted this on the other Moyes thread. It's what I believe too.

I guess they have given up on the clone of Ferguson thing. It was never going to work and they won't trust him with any money this summer.

Quote:

Ferguson acted as an apologist for the Glazers for too long. He accepted under-investment in the club's playing resources. He was a genius as a man-manager. He got by.

But the fact is that until Moyes bought Marouane Fellaini last summer, United had not recruited a genuine central midfielder since the summer of 2007, when Ferguson signed Owen Hargreaves and Anderson.

The playing staff stagnated. United remained reliant on Paul Scholes and Ryan Giggs for way too long. Three of the starting back four bequeathed to Moyes will depart the club this summer, too.

So Moyes was not just given the task of following the most successful manager in English football history, he was presented with a massive rebuilding job, too - and paired with a rookie chief executive, Ed Woodward, to help him do it.

Anyone who thinks that is a recipe for a smooth transition is living in a fantasy world.

It is easy to say now, but the succession to Ferguson was poorly handled by the club. They were in thrall to Sir Alex to such an extent that there appeared to have been precious little planning for the future.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/its-over-david-moyes-manchester-3257483#ixzz2zWpXxLkc
Follow us: @DailyMirror on Twitter | DailyMirror on Facebook
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 7:02 pm

Bit of a harsh sacking if it is true.

Moyes needed a season to consolidate and see where he needed to improve the squad.

Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 8:56 pm

Harsh ? Its man united not west ham !!!!
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:21 pm

I'm not a big fan Man U but Moyes has to go for the good of the club.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:49 pm

I think I saw today a comment that compared Moyes' & Ferguson's first few matches in charge of Manure. And ..... surprise ..... Moyes' is significantly better.

Not that this is in any way as interesting as Liverpool potentially being back where they belong at the top.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 11:05 pm

I think they should honour the whole of his contract
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 11:19 pm

knecht wrote:
I think I saw today a comment that compared Moyes' & Ferguson's first few matches in charge of Manure. And ..... surprise ..... Moyes' is significantly better.

Not that this is in any way as interesting as Liverpool potentially being back where they belong at the top.

Main difference being that moyes was handed the champions of England,

as for paying his whole contract, reports suggest that he will be paid off with 10 mil.

now get giggs in !!!
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 11:44 pm

They won't sack him at that cost and put a rookie in charge.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 11:45 pm

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/10778690/Manchester-United-should-turn-to-Ryan-Giggs-as-a-short-term-replacement-for-David-Moyes.html
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 12:17 am

I honestly have no idea how he got that job, they could have raffled the job from the crowd and had a better season the only Moyes to achieve anything at united this season was his daughter who got fecked then fecked off by Zaha
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 7:16 am

It looks likely. He might get a £10m pay off.

I think the powers that be are scared he might spunk all their cash in the Summer. I'd imagine Man Utd, without the European games, would have done ok and got back into the top four.

They should go for Martinez.

I'd expect Moyes to retire - he's made for life now.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 7:46 am

Should've gone for Martinez in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Dane

Dane

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 8:11 am

No should have just got Jose in. Who cares if he only sticks around for 2-3 years at a time. The players wouldn't dis-respect him like they have moyes. Well players have got there way now which will back fire. Any top coach is going to bomb half the united squad
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 8:37 am

Confirmed-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27107795
Back to top Go down
Chemical Ali

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 8:47 am

Howard Webb is 50/1 to replace him.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 8:57 am

Sheridan could apply... its up north aint it?
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 9:25 am

I do feel sorry for David Moyes having taken on a near impossible job of following 26yrs of Sir Alec Ferguson at Man U.

Years of keeping Everton punching above their weight at the higher end of the Premiership....yet having no trophies to show for it should have been a concern for a successful trophy winning Man U.

Ferguson anointed Moyes has his successor and because of the respect that Sir Alec had at Man U the club accepted his choice of man.....in hindsight it was set-up for a fall from champions to also rans from the start.

Senior players dripping with winners medals galore...being coached by someone who had never played in the white hot heat of the Champions League looked a disaster waiting to happen.

Moyes starts by getting rid of all of Sir Alecs backroom staff....who had been there,done that and had the T-shirts to prove it. Bringing in his own staff who hadn't played in or done anything and had no T-shirts for anything.

Maybe Moyes was being too brave by sweeping out everything that had been a success in the past....the senior pros must have wondered what the hell was happening....they backed Moyes in public but what they really felt showed on the field with poor results....especially at home.

In Moyes defence, it could be said that although they had won the league with a few points to spare the squad he inherited was not that strong....maybe they won the league because of other teams short comings....who can be sure.

Ferguson had not spent that big in recent years...Van Persie being the exception recently,they just didn't have any depth of squad and injuries showed a lack of quality in those that came in.

Moyes took the job on and struggled from the beginning and even in the January window no major signings happened, when it was obvious that it was needed.

At least Moyes can walk away and lick his wounds with possibly the rest of his six year contract worth £10 million in his pocket....and wait for the right managerial vacancy that is more suitable for him....possibly a good underdog situation that will suit his style of management.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 9:52 am

Dane, are you going to apply for the vacancy ?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)   Moyes sacked? (Confirmed) Empty

Back to top Go down

Moyes sacked? (Confirmed)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next