HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report Empty
PostSubject: Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report   Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 9:09 pm

I was in a non-descript mall (pronounced "MALL" ffs NOT "mall") earlier and LABOURED for something to eat in order to give me ENERGY to fight the REST of the day.

We wandered PAST Subway and a couple of other FAST food places and settled upon The Sloog n Lettuce.

I do NOT DISlike this venue because it sells Peroni ON TAP. I once had an OKAY burger ONCE there as well. I had not been to this particular CHAIN though, and the use of the word CHAIN is particularly APT, as on the basis of THIS experience I would happily FLUSH this place away (LOL).

Initially I was mildly IMPRESSED as I was seated by a young LADY who was a SOLID 8/10, she had WAVY hair and I would have WAVED at her from AFAR if we were at that distance. As it was, I COOLLY took my seat and did NOT wave (this time).

Things only went DOWNHILL from here.

She (wiv' the WAVY hair) recommended a roast dinner as it was not just SUNDAY but Easter SUNDAY. I went for the lamb (as in my choice of MEAT, not her wiv' the WAVY hair).

I also had a Peroni (ON TAP).

The roast turned up and it just looked...shit. Then I tasted it; it was a bit...shit. I wasn't expecting gourmet (FFS) but I thought it might have been something resembling EDIBLE (like praps SPOONS). Grainy potatoes, I cant remember what veg there was, insufficient gravy, awful meat. The Peroni (ON TAP) was a bit funny tasting as well.

I refused to have a dessert as I had HAD enough. I did NOT tip. I will NOT return again.

4/10 (3 marks for the young LADY who was a SOLID 8/10 wiv' the WAVY hair, 1 mark for NOT being Subway)
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/

PostSubject: Re: Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report   Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 9:16 pm

I had a burger at tgi Friday n Southampton a while ago. Disgusting
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report   Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 9:18 pm

0/10 for the report due to the repeated lack of ! after FFS.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report   Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 9:21 pm

I'm sure those reviews ought to go on Trip Advisor.

I had a nice POT of proper leaf tea with a superb slice of apple & date cake yesterday afternoon sat in the sun. I got the best deal. And my daughter paid!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report   Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 9:24 pm

Had similar experiences myself, not tried S&L, but typical out of town/mall chain restaurants like Frankie & Benny's, and Old Orleans really do serve up some dross.

Have to say, the Wetherspoons menu has improved over recent years, good value and do a reasonable Sunday Roast. Would still never order the rump though.

Surprised to hear of your bad experience of TGI Hugh, normally find TGI to be excellent. Beefeaters are normally good too! Worst meal I've ever had was probably at a Hungry Horse  Rant
Back to top Go down
Elias

Elias

PostSubject: Re: Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report   Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 9:33 pm

Hungry horse are warmed up plates with cold food!
sizzling pubs were excellent a year ago then changed the menu less 'skillets'

scones at carsington reservoir are divine if youre ever that way.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report   Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 11:17 pm

Stay away from chains unless for recreational purposes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report   Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 11:27 pm

Tend to agree although I was treated to some very spicy chicken from Nando's last week that was truly divine, Hope we get one at HHP   Razz

Last edited by AstiSpumante on Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report   Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report EmptySun Apr 20, 2014 11:49 pm

i had a kitkat today
Back to top Go down
pepsipete

pepsipete

PostSubject: Re: Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report   Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 12:45 am

alannotivvy wrote:
i had a kitkat today
I didn't.
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report   Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 3:55 am

alannotivvy wrote:
i had a kitkat today

Flashback...

What's the difference between Joan Collins and a Kit Kat?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report   Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report EmptyMon Apr 21, 2014 9:38 am

Something about fingers......  Embarassed 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report   Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 3:07 pm

Only four in a kit kat?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report   Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report Empty

Back to top Go down

Sloog n Lettuce Roast Dinner Report
Page 1 of 1