Lord Tisdale
Tringreen
Mock Cuncher
Chemical Ali
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

New England Shirt @ £90!!! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 9:03 am

I've never worn a football shirt whilst not playing football, in my life.
I've got a Cornish rugby shirt, but that was given to me. I wore it once to please the donor.
I agree that as far as hugely overpriced luxury items are concerned, just don't buy them. If one is too dumb for words then there is little more to be said. But that still doesn't excuse outright profiteering. Such behaviour does nothing for our culture and stores up future bad vibes where people then think they can do it with essential items. And so it came to pass. Too late now. More like the Wild West everyday.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 9:36 am

tiz, have you thought that because us plebs and ignorants dont comprehend your posts, that it could be because you are wording them incorrectly?

oops, how did that slip out, i forget that you are always correct in all you say

ive had enough of his retoric, back on the ignore list
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 10:17 am

What really gets on my tits with the whole replica shirt thing is that they sell them for way over the price that they should be, then using tax payers money we are sending trading standards people over to Aisa to conduct STING operations. If the tourist sex trade was taking funds from the FTSE men then we would be all over it and stamp it out very quickly, the fact that we don't says it all.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 1:28 pm

Dane. wrote:
If you don't want to or cant afford to buy it, then don't !!!!!!!

simple

Football is the national sport of the country.

The FA governs the game, and the administration of all things England - it should be their mandate to preserve the game and make it accessible to the masses.

At the World Cup, if little Johnny, Ronnie and Reggie want an England shirt each, at £30 each it is not too bad. At £270, you are talking a full week's wages!

And as for little lads with unemployed parents - they better forget about their £90 England shirt.

I think the FA screwed up giving the England contract to Nike in the first place, cutting ties with tradition and outsourcing to a globalised sports corporation. £90 a shirt is a travesty. Only about 8 years ago, the FA released England shirts brand new for about £25 adults! Anyone remember that? I am sure those shirts had state of the art pitch perspiration control and perforated fabric technology, but it wasn't used as an excuse to more than double the going rate of the previous one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 1:53 pm

ejh wrote:
Dane. wrote:
If you don't want to or cant afford to buy it, then don't !!!!!!!

simple

Football is the national sport of the country.

The FA governs the game, and the administration of all things England - it should be their mandate to preserve the game and make it accessible to the masses.

At the World Cup, if little Johnny, Ronnie and Reggie want an England shirt each, at £30 each it is not too bad. At £270, you are talking a full week's wages!

And as for little lads with unemployed parents - they better forget about their £90 England shirt.

I think the FA screwed up giving the England contract to Nike in the first place, cutting ties with tradition and outsourcing to a globalised sports corporation. £90 a shirt is a travesty. Only about 8 years ago, the FA released England shirts brand new for about £25 adults! Anyone remember that? I am sure those shirts had state of the art pitch perspiration control and perforated fabrics technology, but it wasn't used as an excuse to more than double the going rate of the previous one.

The jeans I am wearing right now have ZONAL perforated fabric technology, or holes in yer arse as Granfer would say.
Back to top Go down
bjorn_yesterday

bjorn_yesterday

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 5:32 pm

The price of any item has nothing to do with how much it costs, but everything to do with how much people are willing to pay. Choice will not enter into it.

They will sell enough £90 shirts, believe me.

They will also sell enough cheaper replicas.

You could walk around in the "pro" England kit if you like. Alternatively tattooing a cock on your forehead makes pretty much the same statement, and for far less cost.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! - Page 2 EmptyThu Apr 03, 2014 9:02 pm

You are wrong. Enthused by your suggestion Bjorn I've just been down to my local tattoo "artist". He has quoted me £135 to tattoo my cock on my forehead. Luckily Dane's was only £15.12.

Job's a goodun.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 1:41 pm

I guess there's nothing here we didn't suspect but...

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/englands-90-world-cup-shirt-3376507
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 05, 2014 1:48 pm

I was reading yesterday how these shirts that are selling for 90 quid are made by some 10 year old kid in a mud hut somewhere for 30p.

I would gladly pay 90 quid for one of these shirts if I thought that 89 quid was going to the poor little sod that is being forced to make the bleddy things, it's an absolute fekin disgrace!
Back to top Go down
brittenham

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 7:30 am

90 is still expensive, I bought a cheaper England football shirt
Back to top Go down
Rickler

Rickler

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 8:05 am

Be real.
Make your own!
Back to top Go down
zyph

zyph

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 8:35 am

GOB wrote:
I was reading yesterday how these shirts that are selling for 90 quid are made by some 10 year old kid in a mud hut somewhere for 30p.

I would gladly pay 90 quid for one of these shirts if I thought that 89 quid was going to the poor little sod that is being forced to make the bleddy things, it's an absolute fekin disgrace!

Thats when he's not working for Primark
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! - Page 2 EmptyWed Apr 30, 2014 9:24 am

I would spurn everything FIFA made on principle. Has anybody seen the clean up of the favelas in Brazil ahead of the world cup? Thousands of people have been forcibly removed from their slum dwellings because the government are concerned about the amount of criminals living there. Crime follows poverty, spend some of the billion pound budget on providing some sanitation and decent housing and the crime would naturally dissappear. Mind you we could apply that lesson here as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New England Shirt @ £90!!!   New England Shirt @ £90!!! - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New England Shirt @ £90!!!
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2