Jethro
Dane
Dick Trickle
Czarcasm
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

The Duchess of Derriford?? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Derriford??   The Duchess of Derriford?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 11:06 am

Mapperley, darling wrote:
Mrrapson wrote:
It was no one directly involved with the club at that time.

theres the give away.

before el prez became el prez

Not got the intelligence, I'd go with Jameson....  Basketball 
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Derriford??   The Duchess of Derriford?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 11:11 am

Hugh Watt wrote:
Not got the intelligence, I'd go with Jameson....  Basketball 

Don't think it would have been Jameson for the same reason.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Derriford??   The Duchess of Derriford?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 11:19 am

Mrrapson wrote:
I'm not saying because it's not right without their permission. It was someone who was close to but not part of the media when it was all going down.

He was told info and decided to convert that into a blog. Still posts regularly on other site. He always swore me to secrecy. Just didn't want jones taking credit for it!

I don't believe you.

I had a PM from Newell at the time whilst I was a member of the other side that confirmed it was Jones. If this person didn't want Jones taking the credit why haven't they let this slip before?

Bearing in mind it's been quite an open piece of knowledge for over two years now why would this suddenly need refuting? The only reason I can think of is that it is not in the spirit of rapprochement between any future Stapleton involvement if Jones were the one who wrote it. How could they share the same room again whilst that is hanging in the air?
Back to top Go down
Mrrapson

Mrrapson

PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Derriford??   The Duchess of Derriford?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 11:33 am

Nope, sorry should have been clearer, it's someone not connected to the club then or now.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Derriford??   The Duchess of Derriford?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 11:34 am

They will never share seats in the Boardroom Dick, way too much bad blood between them.

Would love a new 'Prince of PR' blog in the same vein.
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Derriford??   The Duchess of Derriford?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 11:37 am

http://theduchessofderriford.blogspot.co.uk/
Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Derriford??   The Duchess of Derriford?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 12:01 pm

There were actually two blogs of a similar nature being written at the same time. One was written by Peter Jones, I don't know the author of the other one. It wasn't quite as well written as the Jones one.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Derriford??   The Duchess of Derriford?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 12:06 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
They will never share seats in the Boardroom Dick, way too much bad blood between them.

Would love a new 'Prince of PR' blog in the same vein.

Thanks Damon, understood. I have a feeling that Mr Brent doesn't have much of a sense of humour.

Witness this classic thread about his run-in with Private Eye.

Private Eye

It contains the following:

1. Newell jumping to the defence of Mr Brent because he clearly knows the full story

2. Deadly Lampshade posting - they have deleted the original post but conveniently Thai Green (RIP) quoted it

3. Thai's signature which further adds to the evidence that Mr Newell would have known that he was seriously ill

4. Jon B jumping to the defence of Mr Brent

Does anyone have a link to the retraction, apology and donation to a charity that I'm sure Private Eye were forced to do given Ian's post?

Back to top Go down
Hitch

PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Derriford??   The Duchess of Derriford?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 12:09 pm

Dubai Jolly

Here's the other one. Can you tell which one Jones wrote?
Back to top Go down
LondonGreen

LondonGreen

PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Derriford??   The Duchess of Derriford?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 12:25 pm

Greenskin wrote:
http://theduchessofderriford.blogspot.co.uk/

Definitely not any of the well publicised buffons at the club foreshore...none of them have the nouse to come up with gems like this:

"Marcel's weighing up an offer from a team the Danish second division, FC Arhus Bacon Lardons, but he says the money's not quite right."

lol!
Back to top Go down
swampy

PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Derriford??   The Duchess of Derriford?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 1:11 pm

Clearly not Webby, too clever literally for him and no way Jameson, he is either dyslexic or simply cannot spell to save his life. Whoever it was it was very clever and very funny at the time.
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Derriford??   The Duchess of Derriford?? - Page 2 EmptyFri Mar 07, 2014 1:18 pm

Too clever and funny? at our club?

Reminds me of the Jasper Carrot joke about Benny from Crossroads (one for the kids Smile )

"Is Benny like that in real-life? 'cause if he isn't he's a bloody good actor and what's a bloody good actor doing in Crossroads?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Duchess of Derriford??   The Duchess of Derriford?? - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Duchess of Derriford??
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2