HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brighton's accounts

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

Brighton's accounts Empty
PostSubject: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 10:09 am

There is lots to ponder in this review of Brighton's latest accounts http://theseagulllovereview.blogspot.co.uk/2014/02/200-million-reasons-to-love-tony-bloom.html

Just about every last aspect of it underlines exactly how inadequate James Brent's vision for Argyle is in comparison.

The article concludes that their chairman must be in it for love and not money.

I'd always reckoned that Brighton was one of the clubs most like us. It represents a sizeable residential area, it is a one club town, it has always had "potential" which more often than not has been unrealised, its home crowds have fluctuated wildly over the years and we have only played Bristol Rovers, Brentford and Millwall more often.

Now they are literally and metaphorically in a different league to us and it looks like staying that way.
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 11:29 am

Been over an hour and Lord Tis hasn't been on to tell us how deluded we all are.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 4:41 pm

Quote :
This might appear low, but the Albion’s huge debts to Tony Bloom, huge annual losses and the fact that wages are 90% of turnover mean that as desirable as we find the club, from an investment point of view it’s not very attractive. Perhaps in twelve months the figures will look a lot better if cost control is achieved under FFP.

That's not sustainable in any stretch of the imagination. FFP is a pointless waste of time - how on Earth are these clubs going to cope with it? If clubs are running at 90%, they'll find it virtually impossible to achieve proper FFP.

Reading that, it's incredible just how easily it is to fall into massive debts in a short period of time.

Bolton will likely be the next big club to do a Portsmouth.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 6:50 pm

The current football business is a huge dinosaur that is long overdue it's demise, it has to change.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptyMon Feb 24, 2014 9:39 pm

hairy j wrote:
Quote :
This might appear low, but the Albion’s huge debts to Tony Bloom, huge annual losses and the fact that wages are 90% of turnover mean that as desirable as we find the club, from an investment point of view it’s not very attractive. Perhaps in twelve months the figures will look a lot better if cost control is achieved under FFP.

That's not sustainable in any stretch of the imagination. FFP is a pointless waste of time - how on Earth are these clubs going to cope with it? If clubs are running at 90%, they'll find it virtually impossible to achieve proper FFP.

Reading that, it's incredible just how easily it is to fall into massive debts in a short period of time.

I agree if Brighton don't get promoted in he next couple of years there'll be a problem. I think Preston or Bristol City are the best comparison, their owner has loaned them loads and are basically kept afloat by them.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 4:00 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I'd always reckoned that Brighton was one of the clubs most like us.

Heh heh heh heh!

Dream on sucker.

Actually I bumped this as is looks easily possible that Brighton will miss out on even getting a play off spot this season, my reading of the situation is that they, Forest, Reading and Ipswich are playing for that last spot in the lottery. It will be interesting to see if FFP has any real teeth with Brighton and QPR being major abusers.

Great to see Burnley almost home and hosed on their tiny budget, that should be a message to you Billy Big Bolloxers that it is more than just about big crowds and money, albeit they have had their parachute to ease the pain, that would be running out next season so a good time to get back up as the new deal will see them scooping up at least £150 million over the next five years.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 4:24 pm

"tiny budget" that must shirley apply to Argo too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 4:35 pm

Guest wrote:
Quote :

Who's flounced then?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 4:36 pm

FFS! Who's been meddling with the flounce/quote settings?
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 4:40 pm

FFP!
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptyFri Mar 28, 2014 6:26 pm

seadog wrote:
"tiny budget" that must shirley apply to Argo too.

Not quite Salty, there is a sliding scale.

Money no object = Citeh, Chelski.

Monsters = Manure, Arse.

Big Boys = Brighton, QPR, Leicester.

Tiny = Burnley.

Fook poggered without a pot to piss in = Argyle, City.

Hope that clears it up for you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 2:24 pm

Clueless
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 3:26 pm

If we had Brightons owner then we would be about where they are now, we have Brent and we are still in league 2. Horses for courses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptySat Mar 29, 2014 3:58 pm

Foreshore (tm Mock)  Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven 
Back to top Go down
hairy j

hairy j

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 2:47 pm

Iggy wrote:
If we had Brightons owner then we would be about where they are now, we have Brent and we are still in league 2. Horses for courses.

The same place we are now in about five or six years.
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptySun Mar 30, 2014 6:55 pm

Good to see City boy George Friend's Boro put another nail in the Brighton promo coffin.
Back to top Go down
CPFC2013

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 3:37 am

Brighton are what is wrong with football in my opinion, but then again I am biased when it comes to them. They have their multi millionaire owner or billionaire if you believe some of them, Nice stadium, brand new training ground on the way and 24,000 sth's(I think that's about right). The thing is though I would not swap what they have for what we have, we know our ground is a dump but it's our dump, not to mention the atmosphere they have at the Amex is one of the worst I have seen, I say seen as I certainly never heard it.
All they talk about is FFP and whinge that other clubs are not sticking to it, it is easy to want everyone to stick within their means, when you have that many season ticket holders and have had multiple millions already pumped into your club.
It seems to me that Brighton do not want promotion as much as they need promotion. With the 15k new fans they seem to have found I wonder how long they will stick around when they do not seem to be progressing anymore. The championship is a bit of a lottery and you seem to have two teams who romp it but they have the money behind them and a dark horse that just seems to click that year.
As I said maybe I am biased but I truly believe they NEED promotion.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 10:21 am

CPFC2013 wrote:
Brighton are what is wrong with football in my opinion, but then again I am biased when it comes to them. They have their multi millionaire owner or billionaire if you believe some of them, Nice stadium, brand new training ground on the way and 24,000 sth's(I think that's about right). The thing is though I would not swap what they have for what we have, we know our ground is a dump but it's our dump, not to mention the atmosphere they have at the Amex is one of the worst I have seen, I say seen as I certainly never heard it.
All they talk about is FFP and whinge that other clubs are not sticking to it, it is easy to want everyone to stick within their means, when you have that many season ticket holders and have had multiple millions already pumped into your club.
It seems to me that Brighton do not want promotion as much as they need promotion. With the 15k new fans they seem to have found I wonder how long they will stick around when they do not seem to be progressing anymore. The championship is a bit of a lottery and you seem to have two teams who romp it but they have the money behind them and a dark horse that just seems to click that year.

There speaks a sad & bitter man looking at a far superior club with envy.

Very Happy )
Back to top Go down
CPFC2013

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 10:50 am

knecht wrote:
CPFC2013 wrote:

There speaks a sad & bitter man looking at a far superior club with envy.

Very Happy )

Yep they always get the better of us

sarcasm 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 11:00 am

One of my best friends is a Palace supporter - so I know the feelings. I've told him that Pulis will put on a crap show of football but he will keep you up.

He & a West Ham man went to watch us in our recent home match against Exeter. The best he could come up with was that Argyle played better in the first half...... damned with faint praise!

Is it true that you've got a Sainsbury's built into one of your stands?
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 1:31 pm

CPFC2013 wrote:

Well said, except I believe they are up to just under 30k cap now.

I truly hope that Brighton and Forest miss out on the play offs, I just don't like them with their Billy Big Bollocks attitudes, loved it when a Deano inspired Palace knocked them out last season.

Come to think of it I'm not keen on many Chumpionship clubs, for me Burnley and Wigan getting up would be good.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Brighton's accounts   Brighton's accounts Empty

Back to top Go down

Brighton's accounts
Page 1 of 1