The 'ONLY' Independent Internet Forum for Argyle Fans

HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

One law for the rich

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Tgwu

One law for the rich Empty
PostSubject: One law for the rich   One law for the rich EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 9:54 am

A 53 year old woman who fraudulently claimed benefits for three years worth £26,000 despite having more than £176,000 in savings joined owner of a house her in Walker Terrace, West Hoe. she lives in Torr Lane, broke down in tears as she was spared jail.

She was handed a 16-week prison term, suspended for 12 months. She was also given a curfew order, requiring her to stay at home from 8pm to 6am every day for six months, and told to pay £450 in costs.

Read more: http://www.plymouthherald.co.uk/Fraudster-176k-bank-claimed-thousands-benefits/story-20635224-detail/story.html#ixzz2tNoIAisV
Back to top Go down
Lord Tisdale

Lord Tisdale

PostSubject: Re: One law for the rich   One law for the rich EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 10:38 am

She, like every thieving politician, should go down for a minimum of five years, the prison building programme would ease unemployment as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One law for the rich   One law for the rich EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 11:05 am

I know a girl who works and has a couple of young kids, their father fooked off when the second one was tiny. Anyway she got a new boyfriend and as the relationship developed he started staying round a couple of nights, she was grassed by her neighbour and has to pay back £30k in working families tax credit! She has to pay back every penny she has received in the last seven years even though the boyfriend has only been around for the last month or two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One law for the rich   One law for the rich EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 11:32 am

I don't understand the curfew. If it's a financial crime and there's a way of paying that back, putting someone in prison (either at home or at Her Majesty's Pleasure) does nobody any good. Prison would just cost the Government more.
Pay back investigation costs, the false benefit claim and court costs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One law for the rich   One law for the rich EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 2:06 pm

Pity "the Banks" and their top employees aren't given prison sentences and ordered to pay back the billions they defrauded through the LIBOR rate and exchange rate. Apparently, they're too big to send to prison, so all of us have to share the punishment on their behalf while they continue unabated to hoover up every last dollar. Greed is good.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: One law for the rich   One law for the rich EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 3:52 pm

And the mayor of Tiverton has just been reprimanded for a benefit scam worth £38K! I've seen stories of young mums being sent down for £9k!
Back to top Go down
Dick Trickle

PostSubject: Re: One law for the rich   One law for the rich EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 5:05 pm

I wonder how much of Tesco's profits are subsidised by government working benefits? Why is it right to protect and reward shareholders using my taxes?
Back to top Go down
Lord Melbury

PostSubject: Re: One law for the rich   One law for the rich EmptySat Feb 15, 2014 8:01 pm

Totally agree Dick. I'd like to think the minimum wage was well intentioned but in reality it has just driven down & suppressed wages of everyone up to & including those of skilled manual workers.
Back to top Go down
Mapperley, darling

Mapperley, darling

PostSubject: Re: One law for the rich   One law for the rich EmptyTue Feb 18, 2014 10:53 am

hairy j wrote:
I don't understand the curfew. If it's a financial crime and there's a way of paying that back, putting someone in prison (either at home or at Her Majesty's Pleasure) does nobody any good. Prison would just cost the Government more.
Pay back investigation costs, the false benefit claim and court costs.

where did the 176k savings come from? is she a lady of the night?
Back to top Go down
http://www.nicegarden.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One law for the rich   One law for the rich Empty

Back to top Go down

One law for the rich
Page 1 of 1