Tringreen
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

spowell 92 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 9:28 am

Cheers for sorting it Iggy. You're right about the weirdness haha, some very strange comments in this thread. Not sure why I feel the need to explain myself, but I will. Im not Ian, I've never met Ian, nor have I met Brent or anyone else I'm accused of brown nosing. I'm neither pro or anti Brent, I'm grateful of him for stepping in to stop the club from ceasing to exist and I'll comment on what he does, 1 action at a time. My personal view is that the stand is too small, I'd have liked bigger, but it can understand his logic and reasoning behind it.

Dougie, who are Lee and Tony?

I'm unsure why it's such an us against them mentality between this site and Pasoti. From my observations this site is filled with a lot of negativity and hatred, there are some decent debates and points raised, but it's just followed by bitter name calling with zero action. You don't like Brent's stand or his ownership? Fine, you have your view and some people share that view, but what are you going to do about it? Calling him speccy and insulting everyone that supports him isn't going to change anything. If you're not going to do anything constructive and pragmatic about it then you're going to have to be accepting.

The conspiracy theories conjured up on this site really make some of you look very stupid and it degrades and well made point you've made. This included. It's difficult to take seriously the people that question your own existence...
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 9:38 am

spowell92 wrote:
Cheers for sorting it Iggy. You're right about the weirdness haha, some very strange comments in this thread. Not sure why I feel the need to explain myself, but I will. Im not Ian, I've never met Ian, nor have I met Brent or anyone else I'm accused of brown nosing. I'm neither pro or anti Brent, I'm grateful of him for stepping in to stop the club from ceasing to exist and I'll comment on what he does, 1 action at a time. My personal view is that the stand is too small, I'd have liked bigger, but it can understand his logic and reasoning behind it.

I'm unsure why it's such an us against them mentality between this site and Pasoti. From my observations this site is filled with a lot of negativity and hatred, there are some decent debates and points raised, but it's just followed by bitter name calling with zero action. You don't like Brent's stand or his ownership? Fine, you have your view and some people share that view, but what are you going to do about it? Calling him speccy and insulting everyone that supports him isn't going to change anything. If you're not going to do anything constructive and pragmatic about it then you're going to have to be accepting.

The conspiracy theories conjured up on this site really make some of you look very stupid and it degrades and well made point you've made. This included. It's difficult to take seriously the people that question your own existence...

You're neither pro or anti-Brent?  lol! 

You've been on Pasoti for 6 months and have produced some of the most sycophantic Pro-Brent rhetoric ever witnessed on there. At times you've managed to leave Brian Green, Saracen 10 and OllieArgyle9 floundering in your wake, such was your blind refusal to accept any anti-Brent criticism.

It's been amusing though, so kudos for that. Very Happy 

Had you never posted on Pasoti prior to last August? Honestly?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 9:42 am

Firstly welcome to the forum. Secondly let me say all views are welcome, you will find arguments such as yours will need robust defending but you will be allowed to put your point across. As for the war between the forums it has come about because many of us were banned for expressing a contrary viewpoint to the site owner, that will not happen here. Many of us don't support Brent or his plans for the club. He gets little respect because he doesnt give much to the fans or the trust. Dan Mc. C. Is called Evil Dan and Mc. 666. The fans weren't keen on him even though he built the horseshoe and upropped the club up many a time with his own money (not as loans as speccy does). Time will tell what Baby James intentions are I personally think that he is an asset stripping, manipulative, snidely little twat that has divided the club (aided and abetted by the clubs official forum and it's owner, mods and site manager) more than any owner in the history of the club. I personally wish he would fook off and we could develop a plan that suits the club and not the suits.
Good luck!
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 9:51 am

Czarcasm, I'm not sure when I joined, but the date'll be on my profile. I hadn't heard of the site before then.
I won't hail Brent when I believe he does wrong, but I won't disregard his actions when he does right.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:07 am

spowell92 wrote:
Czarcasm, I'm not sure when I joined, but the date'll be on my profile. I hadn't heard of the site before then.
I won't hail Brent when I believe he does wrong, but I won't disregard his actions when he does right.

Well stick around then kid, if you'd never even heard of Pasoti prior to last August then there is a massive amount of information and hard fact that you would have never been privy too, regarding all things PAFC, Brent, Akkeron, PCC, and of course the history that exists regarding Pasoti, it's owner, and the birth of ATD.
Back to top Go down
SwimWithTheTide

SwimWithTheTide

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:08 am

Czarcasm wrote:
spowell92 wrote:

Well stick around then kid, if you'd never even heard of Pasoti prior to last August then there is a massive amount of information and hard fact that you would have never been privy too, regarding all things PAFC, Brent, Akkeron, PCC, and of course the history that exists regarding Pasoti, it's owner, and the birth of ATD.

Perhaps. I've heard the accusations, yet to see the evidence.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:14 am

It's about bloody time that flickrgate was revisited.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:30 am

The Newell Files too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:49 am

Oh, not again. Only Fools And Horses get less repeats than that. Thank fook greenjock's in a haitus.

Welcome spowell. I'll be your friend. The ones to look out for are Rickler (he holds a grudge longer than the great wall of China), Angry (he posts really bad threads), Tring (lives on an island with a volleyball for a friend), Knecht (jumpers), batman and bobbins (aka punchdrunk and suffered), mannameadbabe (actually a man). Watch out m8

I'm pretty popular around here so I'll show you the ropes.
Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 10:50 am

yes please, I never did see what Peppa had on me.
Back to top Go down
Beast_Guy

Beast_Guy

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 11:10 am

More defections to ATD from Pasoti are imminent.
Pasoti is in its death throes of that there can be no doubt. To ban me for just posting here is ludicrous in the extreme. Will Newell be accepted for membership here when Pasoti dissolves ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 11:21 am

Newell on ATD? He isn't aware that ATD exists so how would he register? He doesn't read ATD.

spowell 92 - Page 2 Hello-ian
QUACK!
Back to top Go down
Greenskin

Greenskin

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 11:44 am

spowell92 wrote:

Very deep rooted and covers period of around about 7 years,esentially starting with the pro Stapes/local business faction against the anti Stapes/London consortium group.I happen to agree with you about the name calling and personal insults,they do detract from the basic arguments put forward and do zilch to enhance credibility but the tirades certainly haven't been confined to one side over the years.Truthfully,the exchanges have been of no credit to either side but i think any chance of reconciliation is nil-the hatred runs too deep on either side and thats just the way it is,a microcosm of Israel v Palestine,Rangers v Celtic or any other long running feud or vendetta.Easy to dismiss the views of posters on this site as stupid or non constructive but looking back through the years and looking at the club in it's current situation,then it has to be said that the negative opinions expressed on Stapleton,the New World,Ridsdale and Guilfoyle etc have been far closer to the mark than some others of a more optimistic hue.As for James Brent,my own views were fairly neutral when he took over-i wished him well and hoped that he would pull the club out of the mire in which it found itself.Things have improved slightly on the field but i can't say that much real team building for the medium or long term appears to have taken place,maybe that will be resolved during the summer months,we shall see.What really diminished my support for him was the HHP proposals,which to my way of thinking were just a continuation of the downsizing of the club and seeming planning for mediocrity mentality which has blighted Argyle over a period of decades in comparison to clubs representing cities of a similar size.Gets a bit wearing after 50 years of it,lets hope that it's merely my hard bitten cynicism that gives me a less than cheery outlook for the future.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 11:49 am

Good Post 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 12:02 pm

I am pleased to see someone on here that is willing to take up an alternative view to the majority, it's what makes the site interesting and entertaining and also provides a bit of ferocious banter at times.

My only advice to this young man would be that he could meet pretty much anyone from ATD and be happy that anything private would be kept private, but he should be very careful indeed of others in other places.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 5:47 pm

Don't worry GOB that's going to happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 5:51 pm

welcome back Zyph. When is Sensible due?  clown 
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 5:59 pm

Zyph...nice to see you back,,,,,,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 6:09 pm

Iggy wrote:
Firstly welcome to the forum. Secondly let me say all views are welcome, you will find arguments such as yours will need robust defending but you will be allowed to put your point across. As for the war between the forums it has come about because many of us were banned for expressing a contrary viewpoint to the site owner, that will not happen here. Many of us don't support Brent or his plans for the club. He gets little respect because he doesnt give much to the fans or the trust. Dan Mc. C. Is called Evil Dan and Mc. 666. The fans weren't keen on him even though he built the horseshoe and upropped the club up many a time with his own money (not as loans as speccy does). Time will tell what Baby James intentions are I personally think that he is an asset stripping, manipulative, snidely little twat that has divided the club (aided and abetted by the clubs official forum and it's owner, mods and site manager) more than any owner in the history of the club. I personally wish he would fook off and we could develop a plan that suits the club and not the suits.
Good luck!

Couldn't stay away with comments like that Iggy......'all views are welcome'......'allowed to put your point of view'

Yet a moderator who should be moderate and fair in his views tells me to 'go away' (my words not his exact wording).

Take note any new poster there are some nasty posters on here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 6:23 pm

zyph wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Good luck!

Couldn't stay away with comments like that Iggy......'all views are welcome'......'allowed to put your point of view'

Yet a moderator who should be moderate and fair in his views tells me to 'go away' (my words not his exact wording).

Have a word with yourself zyph, that last sentence is incredibly childish and sounds like sour grapes.........welcome back !!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 6:25 pm

If you have returned to merely press the ill feeling button then please close the door as you leave once again.
Back to top Go down
lawnmowerman

lawnmowerman

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 6:28 pm

Welcome aboard sp all views are welcome and threads are not cleaned up to remove negative posts.

If you ever get to speak to newell ask him about Thai green and white feathers. What he did to thai was totally out of order. It still stuns me how low newell will go. #wanker
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 6:35 pm

zyph wrote:
Iggy wrote:
Good luck!

THE forum you spent all your time slagging off you come crawling back too? pasoti full up was it? laugh
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 7:19 pm

Hi Zyphe welcome back. You can say what you like on here but you can always find an argument if you are looking for one.  Thumbs 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 08, 2014 7:50 pm

I actually agree with a good percentage of what Zyph says. I do agree with his comment about how a moderator should behave. But I simply can't understand why anyone comes onto a forum just to try to put it on the path to righteousness. That simply sounds obsessive to me.

I mean .... if I ate a meal in a restaurant and it was crap, I simply would stop going there.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: spowell 92   spowell 92 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

spowell 92
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next