Tringreen
Mock Cuncher
CPFC2013
8 posters
AuthorMessage
CPFC2013

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 4:33 am

Just thought I would pop by to say I'm glad you are going better this year.  cheers 

From reading a few threads in see you are still at loggerheads with a certain owner of another site .

Where do you think you will finish this season and how is Banton doing for you? Also what happened to greenjock?

Take care and good luck for the rest of the season
Back to top Go down

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:45 am

Greenjock is taking some time away from the annoying wankers to spend some time concentrating on his health and personal well being, he now walks about town with a bottle of Bucky shouting at strangers. Banton has left his shooting boots up north or somewhere as he hasn't been noticed playing in any game yet this season, looks like a different player from last time. As for a finish I would still say mid table, we're shit but not shit enough to go down, when we had Lavery other players started playing better and playoffs were looking possible, now a season of MEH awaits. Good luck mate and thanks for looking in.
Back to top Go down
Mock Cuncher

Mock Cuncher

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 10:19 am

I recks you'll stay up now Triffic Work 'aaaard Tone is there fore shore.
Back to top Go down
http://wrongunatlongon.wordpress.com/
Tringreen

Tringreen

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 12:30 pm

It would be interesting to know whether TP would/could change his tactics, if he were ever appointed to a PL club with serious money.

What does the ATD panel think ?
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 3:24 pm

Tringreen wrote:
It would be interesting to know whether TP would/could change his tactics, if he were ever appointed to a PL club with serious money.

What does the ATD panel think ?

I don't think Pulis could ever emulate a Martinez or a Laudrup style of play. But then again I'm pretty sure Martinez or Laudrup wouldn't have been able to drag a Palace side that were bottom and doomed, to 14th and rising.

Back to top Go down
seadog
Admin

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 3:37 pm

I reckon our Tone could play purdier footy with a purdier purse and purdier players.
Back to top Go down

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 4:07 pm

Pulis had money at stoke and stayed true to his principles. His style although not entertaining works for him so he'll continue to build teams around it weather he has £50m to spend or nothing.
Back to top Go down

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 5:22 pm

I watched Pulis' side play Barnsley at Oakwell on boxing day the season they went up. They were a disgrace. Their subs were even threatening the home fans on that side of the pitch at Oakwell, the fans are mostly pensioners. There were sendings off galore, a mass brawl at the end and Stoke fouled Barnsley off the pitch. The away support (Stoke) were just as bad - fighting with stewards, throwing stuff at the Barnsley keeper - it was horrible to watch.

I'm not a fan of Palace either as they gave us Fletcher.
Back to top Go down

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 6:02 pm

I like a team that can win dirty if they need to brings back memory of the crazy gang. We miss that win at all costs mentality these days.
Back to top Go down

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:28 pm

I've always rated Pulis ever since his spell down here. He took this club apart in next to no time, and told the sleepy owners just what was needed. Like all good managers, he changed our fortunes within a few weeks, spending next to nothing. His influence was apparent right from the outset, which is how it is with good managers. That's why it was so easy to spot a lemon like Fletcher.

Why on earth would Pulis want to change. That presupposes he would change if he could afford it, which I don't happen to believe is true. His football reflects his character and how he understands the game. He believes in it as THE way to play football. Widely differing styles are one of the few delights in modern football. However, I would run a mile if Allerdyce found himself down here, but then that's probably due to his awful gum chewing and work a day attitude to everything. At least I could listen to Ferguson if I closed my eyes. West Ham football fans must be doing their nut. Some football people really should be tagged so they can't stray South of the Bristol/Wash thing.
Back to top Go down

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 7:57 pm

For me pulis was one of the best managers we ever had, saved us from certain relegation, but left when he found out how mickey mouse we were! its even worse now tone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, pig
Back to top Go down
greensleeves

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 8:19 pm

SS68...nope....he was best mates with the chairman at stoke,,,that why he left,,,,did at fantastic job at PAFC much the same as he is currently doing at CP...its all about managers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Back to top Go down

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 8:31 pm

seadog wrote:
I reckon our Tone could play purdier footy with a purdier purse and purdier players.

No he couldn't. Whenever he has had a budget, he just buys more expensive physical players.

I mean £5m for Dave Kitson and a few years later he is playing for Oxford.

Great manager though. It's a crying shame he never got his hands on Andy Carroll, he would have turned him into a reet beast.
Back to top Go down

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyThu Jan 30, 2014 8:46 pm

He also spent loads on Kenwyne Jones, Peter Crouch and Cameron Jerome. He signed James Beattie for £3.5m.

He did sign Nalis though.
Back to top Go down
Tringreen

Tringreen

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 8:08 am

greensleeves wrote:
SS68...nope....he was best mates with the chairman at stoke,,,that why he left,,,,did at fantastic job at PAFC much the same as he is currently doing at CP...its all about managers,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

We lost both Pulis and Holloway because of our outclassed, greedy board.

Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 9:25 am

Tringreen wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

No, we lost Pulis because he was best mates with Coates. As soon as Coates bought Stoke back from the Icelandics Pulis was always going to rejoin him. Definitely the hardest man I have ever met.
Back to top Go down
Rollo Tomasi

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 11:47 am

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

No, we lost Pulis because he was best mates with Coates. As soon as Coates bought Stoke back from the Icelandics Pulis was always going to rejoin him. Definitely the hardest man I have ever met.

I remember hearing from a well informed source that one of the main reasons Tony Pulis walked out was because the board used that seasons profits to pay off their personal bank loans. In other words the directors had their shares paid for by the club. And TP's spending budget could go hang. In the light of subsequent displays of greed by the then board, I wouldn't doubt it.
Back to top Go down
CPFC2013

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 4:04 pm

Thanks to those who wished us well.

As for Pulis he has been very good for us, he is a bit like Palace in many respects. We may not be the nicest to look at but we will give it all we have got. Very pleased with him.
Not sure Paying one million to loan Tom Ince for a few months is worth it(if reports are to be believed), also heard talk that he wanted Crouch and Jones here, but that could all be rubbish as well. There are rumours that he is unhappy with our board but as always who knows what is true or not.

All in all very happy with how things are going, we are out of the relegation zone(for now). Pulis has got us playing so that we are hard to score against, all we need is to learn how to score and we should be okay.
Holloway has got a job just down the road and I wish him only luck and you boys are doing better this season.
The only downside for me is that Northampton are propping up the league, as I lived there for a year and there were genuine real football fans and not the glory hunters I meet in London.
Back to top Go down

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 4:18 pm

Pulis is rarely happy with a club's Board of directors. He also HAS to have a big target guy up front, so Crouch would be ideal.
As for glory hunters, I have always found football clubs are actually some sort of respite from such sorts. Far more likely to find REAL glory hunters in the work place or in a singles bar, just where glory is least likely to be found.
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 6:12 pm

Rollo Tomasi, not a very well informed person - utter nonsense.
Back to top Go down

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:22 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
Tringreen wrote:
greensleeves wrote:

Whatever he certainly damned you lot with faint praise afterward
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:26 pm

We wouldn't plough money we didn't have into the club. Look what happened when that policy changed.
Back to top Go down

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 7:55 pm

Damon.Lenszner wrote:
We wouldn't plough money we didn't have into the club. Look what happened when that policy changed.

So you should have put the club up for sale then. The policy you mention changed when some members of your board sold players mid season banked the cash and then dished out 3k a week contracts to David macnamee. respect what you are doing now but it makes me sick you and Stapleton and the rest patting themselves on the back for getting lucky with Paul sturrock 1st time
Back to top Go down
Damon.Lenszner

Damon.Lenszner

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC EmptyFri Jan 31, 2014 8:01 pm

I had nothing to do with Sturrock 1 or Sturrock 2. I had nothing to do with selling players mid season nor buying Macnamee. I was part of the board that appointed Pulis and Holloway. During my time on the board we balanced the books and continuously improved. What happened after I left with the Japanese, Todd and Gardner was ugly but had nothing to do with me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hello from CPFC Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hello from CPFC   Hello from CPFC Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello from CPFC
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Plymouth Argyle Talk - Democratic :: Home Park :: Zoo Corner-
Jump to: