Go down 
+2
GreenSam
mouldyoldgoat
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour Empty
PostSubject: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 10:47 pm

now i have your attention i just want to start that rumour in the same way a few in nool and the gang have decided to start a john sheridan to oxford one on twitter and probs on the cespit too.

john isnt that great guys not every club is desperate to nab him off us lol

mods feel free to edit the title to something more shocking if you like

Last edited by Angry on Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 10:49 pm

He's the best thing we've had as a manager in a while so no Oxford can't have him! Very Happy 

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 10:57 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
He's the best thing we've had as a manager in a while so no Oxford can't have him! Very Happy 

I think some fans simply like winding up the fanbase and watching them react. Best to nip this in the bud now before freathy sees it as a done deal lol
Back to top Go down
mouldyoldgoat
Admin
mouldyoldgoat

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 10:59 pm

I could change the thread title to 'Freathy do not read this'

PepsiPete Forecasting League Champion 2016-17

He was behind me at Charlton!  [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Now an officially semi retired old fart! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 11:01 pm

mouldyoldgoat wrote:
I could change the thread title to 'Freathy do not read this'

feel free but also include greensam is a stirrer

it was his tweet that started it  Laughing 
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptySun Jan 26, 2014 11:39 pm

This is ATD. So this can stay in it's original format.
Back to top Go down
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 8:59 am

Only going by a few tweets that I saw, probably nothing in it.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 10:27 am

I don't think there is anything in this at all. For starters Sheridan's performance here has hardly been spectacular enough to suggest that somebody may want to poach him.

But if Sheridan did leave for Oxford it would be a severe blow to a team which is slowly evolving into one that could soon be properly competitive in this division and one would have to wonder why he might think the prospects at Oxford are better than they are here? It would certainly destroy the notions that our budget is "competitive" or is "one of the best in the division".

But I don't think that it is going to happen so it won't.

Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
GreenSam

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 11:47 am

Devil's Advocate: there is the fact that his family still live in Chesterfield to which Oxford is considerably closer. It may all be hypothetical though, as you say.
Back to top Go down
Sir Francis Drake

Sir Francis Drake

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 12:06 pm

Yeah but everybody is closer to Chesterfield than Plymouth is!

And Oxford is still a tidy hike away.

Now if the club was somewhere north of Birmingham then maybe...
Back to top Go down
http://sicparvismagna.com
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 12:11 pm

Sir Francis Drake wrote:
I don't think there is anything in this at all. For starters Sheridan's performance here has hardly been spectacular enough to suggest that somebody may want to poach him.

But if Sheridan did leave for Oxford it would be a severe blow to a team which is slowly evolving into one that could soon be properly competitive in this division and one would have to wonder why he might think the prospects at Oxford are better than they are here? It would certainly destroy the notions that our budget is "competitive" or is "one of the best in the division".

But I don't think that it is going to happen so it won't.

Lets face it League position says it all, Oxford have been at the top end of League 2 for the last few years.. where have we been?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 1:15 pm

If I were Sheridan, I would jump at the chance of moving to Oxford. As stated above, he would be far nearer the family, and he knows by now the hard old slog awaiting him down here against the odds. It's only a couple of months ago the superfans were briefing against him. He will not have liked that. He has however received a far better ride on here than on the farm.

With Brent's financial methodology, and Tory short contract ways, ANY of the football staff will be vulnerable to approaches. The recent past has shown us ANY successful person at Home Park bails out pretty quick for a better deal, even days from a big promotion. What does that tell us about the club's intent and direction over the years.
I can't believe any of our current bunch are in demand though.  Sheridan has done a reasonable job, and far better than the impressive gentleman before him. He does have the odd plan B and does like to actually try and win games. But apart from the brief Lavery thing, nothing much is stirring apart from side to side tippy tappy which isn't going to go anywhere fast.
Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 1:21 pm

On the face of it, it's puzzling why Wilder would choose to walk away from Oxford and a promotion push, for a relegation fight with Northampton. Maybe things aren't all they seem at the Kassam.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 1:27 pm

That's exactly what Holloway did when he ran away to Leicester. His reasoning, amongst other things, was money, and plenty of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 1:32 pm

I'll run naked through the streets of Threemilestone if Sheridan goes to Oxford United. He's best off getting some success here and waiting for the Sheff Wed or Leeds job to come up to get his move back up north.

Back to top Go down
Czarcasm

Czarcasm

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 1:41 pm

Winter Green wrote:
That's exactly what Holloway did when he ran away to Leicester. His reasoning, amongst other things, was money, and plenty of it.

I'm not sure you can compare Ollie leaving Argyle for Leicester with the difference in potential there and the huge cash incentives Mandaric was throwing at him, with someone leaving Oxford for a bottom of the league Northampton.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 2:00 pm

GreenSam wrote:

Those who pour fuel on a fire help make it grow.
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 4:10 pm

Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

lets piss on the fire to put it out then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 4:32 pm

Davidfriio4 wrote:
Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Thats the point of the thread  cheers mind you where is JS anyway Owers seems to be doing all the media work since saturday  raised eyebrow 
Back to top Go down
Jethro

Jethro

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptyMon Jan 27, 2014 4:32 pm

Angry wrote:
Davidfriio4 wrote:
Angry wrote:
GreenSam wrote:

Thats the point of the thread  cheers mind you where is JS anyway Owers seems to be doing all the media work since saturday  raised eyebrow 

with his family ? scouting this new Striker ?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 12:39 am

The rumour is still going strong despite there being no substance to it

gotta love forca nerde alumus on twitter they will say anything for a bite.
Back to top Go down
argyl3

argyl3

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 4:30 pm

careful its getting a bit of mention in the local rag - maybe something in it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 4:45 pm

argyl3 wrote:

The herald are mentioning it means nothing really it just that they ran out of tom daley stories. No doubt the bay of pigs over there will have the club write a report denying this soon.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 4:51 pm

Angry wrote:
argyl3 wrote:

The herald are mentioning it means nothing really it just that they ran out of tom daley stories. No doubt the bay of pigs over there will have the club write a report denying this soon.
Shezza's doing a reasonable job with a dogshit budget working for a club with no ambition, but he's no special one, to be fair.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour EmptyTue Jan 28, 2014 4:59 pm

Sufferedsince68 wrote:
Angry wrote:
argyl3 wrote:

Shezza's doing a reasonable job with a dogshit budget working for a club with no ambition, but he's no special one, to be fair.

But he isnt someone that will be seen as an inspired signing remember he wasnt wanted here at first. He proved the doubters wrong but he is not without his faults.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour   Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour Empty

Back to top Go down

Dont read this Freathy (greensam is a stirrer) sheridan to oxford rumour
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next